Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Michael Richards aka Kramer pretty much had his comedy career cancelled for making some racist comments during one of his stand up routines.

Ridiculous to say that women always cop harsher treatment than men for crossing the line, there's plenty of examples of harsh treatment both ways.

Michael Richards aka Kramer pretty much had his comedy career cancelled for making some racist comments during one of his stand up routines.

Ridiculous to say that women always cop harsher treatment than men for crossing the line, there's plenty of examples of harsh treatment both ways.
Plenty of examples of women getting harsher treatment than men for very similar actions which is kind of the whole point of the article.

Daisy Cousens too. Most females on Sky News I'd say.

Sky News female journalists and presenters are all considered RWNJ's, traitors to their gender and should all be burned at the stake - according to their fellow left-leaning female industry counterparts...

Last edited:
Shes lost some endorsement deals. You can debate the merits of influencer as a job but shes missing out on deals and money.
Plenty of cases of male athletes losing sponsorship deals for doing something wrong. And they'll get suspended/fined by their main employer.

My point was more that her particular 'career' is based on being the wife of a footballer and there being enough idiots out there who seem to find that trait interesting enough to care about*. It seems to be about as anti-feminism/female empowerment as you can get, yet she's being used as an example of how sexist the world is. Does not compute.

*and now, in partaking in this debate, I'm part of the problem too. Which is genuinely something that shits me.

standard sabotage for an incoming Lab government so theres no money left for social reform
Bipartisan actually.

Pity they are being so stubborn about nuclear baseload power, sun and wind are not going to cut it. But, got to appease the Greeeeens…

Last edited:
Plenty of cases of male athletes losing sponsorship deals for doing something wrong. And they'll get suspended/fined by their main employer.

My point was more that her particular 'career' is based on being the wife of a footballer and there being enough idiots out there who seem to find that trait interesting enough to care about*. It seems to be about as anti-feminism/female empowerment as you can get, yet she's being used as an example of how sexist the world is. Does not compute.

*and now, in partaking in this debate, I'm part of the problem too. Which is genuinely something that shits me.
I would think women monetizing their bodies and status as wags would be a certain for of reclamation of their feminity and thus very much empowering.

If she was a true feminist she would have changed her surname back to her original surname after divorcing Jimmy Bartel but she kept his surname as it helped her maintain her WAG status and boosted her career as an influencer and socialite.

Andrew O’Keefe getting canceled from The Chase was a good move

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd still prefer him to Larry Emdur, not that i watch The Chase anyway, I sometimes watch the UK one though which is better than the Aussie version.

Bradley Walsh is a much better host than either AOK or Larry.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradley Walsh is a much better host than either AOK or Larry.

maxresdefault.jpg

It helps that Bradley Walsh has more charisma than both of those combined and is not afraid of taking the piss where he deems it necessary.

Ads for The Block.
Does anyone actually watch that rubbish ?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

People must watch it or Ch9 wouldn't keep making new series of it. I've never watched it myself, watching bogan couples renovate houses with manufactured drama thrown in isn't my idea of great tv. The only reality shows I watch are Survivor and SAS Australia, the rest of them are rubbish.

It helps that Bradley Walsh has more charisma than both of those combined and is not afraid of taking the piss where he deems it necessary.

He used to work as a stand up comedian so he can be quite funny at times.

If she was a true feminist she would have changed her surname back to her original surname after divorcing Jimmy Bartel but she kept his surname as it helped her maintain her WAG status and boosted her career as an influencer and socialite.
Or she enjoys having the same surname as her children. People are so quick to assume the worst in people.

My aunty kept her abusive ex husband's surname, she likes having the same name as her kids. I suppose she's a bad feminist too.

NO NO NO she did it because of and for the kids!!1!!!!!1!!

I think you're downplaying the notoriety of the incidents and the effect that can have somewhat.

And to be clear, I'm not even arguing that there isn't a gender element involved in the response to contentious incidents (because I think there is, along with some other elements such as the typical politics one has to follow if you want to be a traditional "influencer") - its more that I think you chose a poor example in comparing a well known incident to one that most people would have no idea about to prove your point
It’s a poor example of the point you are making not of the point I was making, which is that in spite of allllll that public pressure and allllll those people knowing about the incident Eddie wasnt dropped from any paid gigs.

Georgia on the other hand in spite of it being a fairly quiet incident that not too many people would have heard about (you included) got demoted and suspended.

Dont know if this belongs here or the please me thread

My current resident goanna Graeme has just dug up every strawberry in my Mexican Pyramid of berries

He looks cute doing it and gives you that what ???, look as he does it

Lucky Strawbs are dirt cheap this year because Im not going to grow any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back