EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably lucky to go in tied but we've had a couple of chances, how Bowen shot so wide on the first one.

Best game I've seen from Fabianski in a while also.

Yeah disappointing effort from Bowen, but aside from that has looked quite lively. No surprise he's looked his busiest out wide, just don't think the central role suits him. Reasonable shape for you guys with Antonio missing though.

How does VAR overturn the Walker pen?

I guess the thinking is his last touch was heavy and Walker beat him in a 50/50???? But his planted foot for the shot was on the ball...

This league, far out.
I've watched it so many times and have no idea how it's been overturned. It's just a stonewall penalty.

Yeah disappointing effort from Bowen, but aside from that has looked quite lively. No surprise he's looked his busiest out wide, just don't think the central role suits him. Reasonable shape for you guys with Antonio missing though.
Probably should play Vlasic up top and move Fornals back on the left. Moyes thinks Bowen is our best backup striker probably because of his workrate more than anything.

When Rice has been able to dictate we've looked good. Need some better crosses from Cresswell / Coufal also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supposedly leaked Spurs line up, Son back is pretty big.

So against limp Palace it is 3 DM’s and against dangerous Chelsea it is one. Okay Nuno.

Better be playing on the counter as they’ll shred us trying to play on the front foot

And?

It was still a foul that lead to a goal.

Understand you think it was a mistake mate but it was pretty iffy and it didn't cost you any points, so not sure how the dodgy pen in this game is 'payback' for something that didn't cost you anything.

Seems a bit odd that Pep is trying to excuse the performance due to the CL even though he was able to rotate his squad and bring in top quality Internationals, while playing at home against Soton. Not as if they were playing Chelsea or Liverpool.
Not to mention we played CL also and still won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back