List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson averages 1.0 contested mark a game (AFL rank =90) and Luko 0.55 contested marks/game (AFL rank =173), Dawson ranked =90 total marks 5.48/game, Luko ranked 5 total marks 7.82/game
A lot of KPPs and 3rd talls in that top 100, though. Dawson would be quite high on that list when compared to midfielders and fellow wingmen

Do we really want Luko now Dawson is almost over the line, very similar players currently.
Rankine is more of a need..

but theres no way im saying no to luko if he wants home and wants to play for the crows.
would probably look to slot him straight into that lynch connector type role..

oh, and we are all assuming Dawson is going to used as a HB/wing player at the crows.. maybe they have other plans..

Rankine is more of a need..

but theres no way im saying no to luko if he wants home and wants to play for the crows.
would probably look to slot him straight into that lynch connector type role..

oh, and we are all assuming Dawson is going to used as a HB/wing player at the crows.. maybe they have other plans..
Dawson could be used like westhoff was..a genuine utility at either end or on the wings

All Credit to Nicks has really turned things around in 2 years from a culturee standpoint.

23 and counting players have signed contract extensions

Lynch and Talia wanted to re-sign and big calls made.
Crouch takes a smaller contract
Mackay and Kelly the only ones who didn't re-sign

Dawson agrees to join.

Burgess on the way

This result so far is beyond all expectation.

A lot of KPPs and 3rd talls in that top 100, though. Dawson would be quite high on that list when compared to midfielders and fellow wingmen
Had a quick look and it's all talls and a few key interceptors like Lever before Dawson, only Toby Greene, Danger and Fyfe that you wouldn't class as a tall before him.
Surprising he equal with Grundy and infront of Nic Nat, Keath, Bont etc.

There are going to be some interesting times ahead in terms of how we structure our side, especially with the signing of Crouch, Dawson moving over and the possible return of Milera.

1. How does our midfield look? Do we run with Crouch, Laird and Sloane as our mids? What happens to Keays? Does Sloane find a new role? If Dawson becomes part of the mids, what impact does it have on Schoenberg? Does Berry get burried at half forward? What opportunities for Pedlar or McHenry? How do we run our preferred midfield while also developing the next midfield group?
  2. Who is our preferred back 6-7 players? Butts, Doedee & Smith are certain. After that? Is Jones a first choice? I'd say yes. What about Brown? Does he automatically get picked? McPherson? Will we settle on Murray/McAsey as the 2nd tall? Does Milera return to the back half? What of Hamill? Could we really persist with Frampton? Lot's of questions.
For me the answers are:

1. Crouch, Laird, Sloane is far too slow and one paced. We simply can't run that as our midfield. Sloane needs to find a new role. If there is 300% available for mids (3 positions at 100% game time), then my 300% is: Crouch 80, Laird 70, Keays 50, Schoenberg 45, Berry 25, Sloane 10, McHenry 10, Other 10. I have Dawson & Seedsman playing wing, with rotations possibility of Keays, McHenry, Sloane and Hamill (if selected on bench). Sholl is out of the side at present.
  2. In defence, my first picked are: Jones, Butts, McPherson, Doedee, Murray, Smith, Milera. Brown is next in. Hamill is wing or backup for running defender. Worrell will have to push for a position still. McAsey will need to really improve his strength in the contest to get close.

There are going to be some interesting times ahead in terms of how we structure our side, especially with the signing of Crouch, Dawson moving over and the possible return of Milera.

Really hope Milera has moved past his injuries, it would be a wonderful "addition" to our current team to go with Dawson and Pick 4.

Our starting 21 will start to look very promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope Milera has moved past his injuries, it would be a wonderful "addition" to our current team to go with Dawson and Pick 4.

Our starting 21 will start to look very promising.
If he can get on field and find his speed and form again, he makes a huge difference to our side.

It's a huge IF though.

All Credit to Nicks has really turned things around in 2 years from a culturee standpoint.

23 and counting players have signed contract extensions

Massively underrated.

When Nicks took over, we were an absolute shambles of a club. Huge splits in the playing group, lots of frustrations and anger.
You could see it in the early days of Nicks tenure, with player resisting and not being committed. He really turned that around incredibly well. We have a realy tight group now, that is 100% on board and committed.

What he has done in this space should not be underestimated.

So does the inclusion of Dawson make Seedsman a potential trade candidate? Really we have Dawson, Sholl and Cook all shaping to play wing in 2022.

If we could somehow squeeze an early 2nd for Seeds, I'd probably take it
Probably should, but no chance it happens. I think we will go for Seedsman and Dawson on the wings primarily, with either Cook, Sholl or Hamill coming off the bench in a rotation. The other two will be playing SANFL I'd guess.

Probably should, but no chance it happens. I think we will go for Seedsman and Dawson on the wings primarily, with either Cook, Sholl or Hamill coming off the bench in a rotation. The other two will be playing SANFL I'd guess.
I think Cook plays permanent half forward and with Lynch gone I think our forward structure will be re-jigged.

So does the inclusion of Dawson make Seedsman a potential trade candidate? Really we have Dawson, Sholl and Cook all shaping to play wing in 2022.

If we could somehow squeeze an early 2nd for Seeds, I'd probably take it
We could actually improve drastically next year with a stable midfield group like this:

Dawson ~ Crouch ~ Seedsman
O'Brien ~ Laird ~ Keays

I feel that spots in the first 22 next year will be very competitive this summer.

There might only be half the side who are locks right now. The rest is up to the players to make the summer work for them.

Interesting times....with optimism too!

I think Cook plays permanent half forward and with Lynch gone I think our forward structure will be re-jigged.
Yeh good call. He could definitely take that role. Will cover the ground well and offer something both up the ground as well as in the F50. Going to take another year or so, but if he can build his strength and fitness this off season, he could have a big impact in that role.
Could be a Rising Star candidate next year.

I feel that spots in the first 22 next year will be very competitive this summer.

There might only be half the side who are locks right now. The rest is up to the players to make the summer work for them.

Interesting times....with optimism too!
Yep. A LOT of players who are young and hungry and will want those spots. Not a lot of absolute guaranteed first 22 in the squad.

I'd say only the following are certain (assuming full fitness and availability):

Sloane
Tex
Butts
Smith
Doedee
Seedsman
Laird
Keays
Crouch

I'd say the rest are either close but not certain (Brown, Jones, Schoenberg etc...), or still to prove themselves.

Yep. A LOT of players who are young and hungry and will want those spots. Not a lot of absolute guaranteed first 22 in the squad.

I'd say only the following are certain (assuming full fitness and availability):

Sloane
Tex
Butts
Smith
Doedee
Seedsman
Laird
Keays
Crouch

I'd say the rest are either close but not certain (Brown, Jones, Schoenberg etc...), or still to prove themselves.
Good take. But I think our man Dawson might get a game too.😁

Sloane
Tex
Butts
Smith
Doedee
Seedsman
Laird
Keays
Crouch

Schoenberg and Thilthorpe are also certain. Schoenberg has yet to be dropped in his career (and has truly nailed his spot down), and Thilthorpe is the crown jewel of this rebuild.

Back