Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a good game. Lets be honest: he was treated pretty badly by us and has held himself up well throughout the whole thing. I would have been happy for him to win last night and hope he gets another crack at it. He should get another go over the next few years with the dogs. It's our loss but there's no reason we shouldn't wish the best for him.

We saw Petracca and Oliver dominate a game. Nothing to with Treloar’s defensive work.
Petracca, Oliver, Viney and the rucks were just awesome. But when a team gets torn apart by a midfield continually breaking from stoppage through the front of the square, something has gone wrong defensively. I'm certainly not blaming Treloar as I'll need to watch that a fair few times to see how it went down again and again.

Hope Grundy took notes on how to be a ruckman, considering his comments a few years ago about wanting to be remembered and held in the same regard as Dean Cox.

Hope Grundy took notes on how to be a ruckman, considering his comments a few years ago about wanting to be remembered and held in the same regard as Dean Cox.

Sure it wasn’t Shannon Cox?

I don't want him to win a grand final
You don't want him to win a grand final because we booted him?

He comes across as a nice person and was a good guy around the club during his time with us. Is there something you know about him that makes you feel like this?

I'd want him to win one, but only with us.

I'm torn on it to be honest, and all brought about by the club. Can never forgive that.

Just watching the replay. Some of his handballs put his teammates under a lot of pressure or didn’t hit the mark at all. Some of these poor hanballs resulted in a 1-2 which actually inflated his stats. . His kicking was good albeit he tended to opt for the short option . But most of his possessions were handballs.

Was very poor at the centre clearances. Tended to anchor his feet to wrestle his direct opponent but that just left him slow off the mark when the ball hit the deck.

Just watching the replay. Some of his handballs put his teammates under a lot of pressure or didn’t hit the mark at all. Some of these poor hanballs resulted in a 1-2 which actually inflated his stats. . His kicking was good albeit he tended to opt for the short option . But most of his possessions were handballs.

Was very poor at the centre clearances. Tended to anchor his feet to wrestle his direct opponent but that just left him slow off the mark when the ball hit the deck.

No surprises there, he’s not a superstar. He’s just a good solid player that used to break the lines and hit the scoreboard.

Unfortunately we put him on superstar money which led to an ugly divorce.

First quarter he looked nervous. He was showcasing the patented Adam Treloar panicked handball. You've got to give him credit for lifting and getting them going in the second quarter though.

First quarter he looked nervous. He was showcasing the patented Adam Treloar panicked handball. You've got to give him credit for lifting and getting them going in the second quarter though.

Definitely - he was part of the spark that got the doggies going.

I'd want him to win one, but only with us.

I'm torn on it to be honest, and all brought about by the club. Can never forgive that.

<Insert cheesy quote here about forgiveness and finding inner peace. Accompany it with a pic of a sunset, maybe birds flying, or maybe even a puppy dog. Actually, imagine a dog riding a bird into the sunset>

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, imagine a dog riding a bird into the sunset
Pretty sure that is what happened last trade period. The sunset was on Ned Guy’s tenure as list manager.

No but I'd prefer we didn't get a pineapple up the rectum for him either, reckon he's worth a lot more. Instead we reamed ourselves. can never be forgiven.

So with hindsight you’re happy we did the deal given the kids we got - that’s what’s important.
All your other angst around the deal is just wasted energy - let it go.

However you wanna word it, club fkd up - that can never be justified.

How does repeating yourself incessantly change things?

They ended up in the position they ended up in and heads have rolled because of it.

Despite all that I’m comfortable that the three players they chose to move on were the right three. ( edit… they also shopped Cox but couldnt get a deal done. Treloar was always at the top of the list though).

Last edited:
I’ll give you benefit of hindsight and ask - given the quality of Kids we’ve recruited , would you still have preferred we kept AT?
Treloar didn’t get us all the kids. So I would be happier if we had been able to keep Treloar but given the state of our list and the rebuild maybe it doesn’t matter in the long run.

Other way to look at it is do you think any of the 6 we drafted from the main draft will end up as good a player as Treloar. I would say probably not.

Treloar didn’t get us all the kids. So I would be happier if we had been able to keep Treloar but given the state of our list and the rebuild maybe it doesn’t matter in the long run.

Other way to look at it is do you think any of the 6 we drafted from the main draft will end up as good a player as Treloar. I would say probably not.
Henry will. Kids got it

Henry will. Kids got it
He would be most likely but its still a pretty high bar to become as good a players as Treloar has been.

Ollie looks plenty talented but he is undersized if he wants to remain a marking forward predominantly. Will need further developing, he could become as good as Trelaor but probably doesnt.

Ollie could easily become as good as Gunston, Fritsch
And McCrae could comfortably be as good AT.

He would be most likely but its still a pretty high bar to become as good a players as Treloar has been.

Ollie looks plenty talented but he is undersized if he wants to remain a marking forward predominantly. Will need further developing, he could become as good as Trelaor but probably doesnt.
He's a marking forward due to his speed and ability. He's like Jamie Elliott. He's small but plays a marking forward.

So with hindsight you’re happy we did the deal given the kids we got - that’s what’s important.
All your other angst around the deal is just wasted energy - let it go.

Umm no, we got way unders for 3 players - 2 arguable a graders.

If you're happy with a packet of chips for quality players and paying for them play elsewhere then you're easily pleased.

Club fkd up big time, can never be forgiven for that just admit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back