Games & Recreation Your best shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night was going to sleep, and yanked my hair tie out and just threw it randomly over my shoulder in the direction of my desk. I hunted around for it this morning, until I found it not just on my chair- but the tiny 5cm part where the seat of the chair connects to the back. A 100-1 shot in the dark. Literally.

What are your best shots, or comebacks.

My 3, 2, 1 would be

3. Pool game v my cousin in law Eddie. He was on the black, i still hadnt even potted one ball. I came back and won.

2. Table tennis v Coops a workmate at my first school. Was down 10-20, and I won it something like 26-24.

1. Best shot I ever did. Year 9 class circa 2010ish- kids were mucking around with paper planes and not doing their work. I had to confiscate, but instead of just putting the plane in the bin, I chucked it in the general direction of the bin several metres away. The plane- I s**t you not- did a full 360 in the air, hit the wall above the bin, then slide thru the lid (yes there was also a lid on the bin) BANG. I reckon if I did that a million times again I wouldnt get anywhere near repeating it.

Hon mentions- all the half full water bottles while I was working at hoyts. I'd launch them from the back of the cinema and try to get them in the bin towards the front. Was fun.

giphy.gif

Local footy U/16's, crumbed a ball off hands about 50 out, broke a tackle, ran to 40 and buried it on the left. Away game we were down by 4 points and the siren went as it sailed over the umpires hat. Only time ive ever celebrated a goal.

Local basketball a couple years ago, got a deflection on the inbound, had to dive and flick to keep it in, got to my feet, got to the corner and hit a catch and shoot three on the halftime buzzer.

Senior footy teammate had a mark about 60 out ran past for the handball recieve, didnt get it, so stopped and he gave it to me, kicked off two steps and it got a ride on a breeze, sailed through from 55 out.

Plenty of the old trick shots during footy training but those three spring to mind.

The best shot re. pool Ive ever seen was a family friend (was down Portarlington i cant recall who he is now)- was playing at my aunty's house there. He was quite a better player than me, but I was holding my own still.

Anyway, he had a penalty shot on the black- with the 8 ball being behind the penalty area nearish to the corner pocket.

He slammed it- the white ball WENT UP ON THE SIDE like- off the table- travelled all the way down it- went over the side pocket, dropped down back onto the table and potted the 8.

Last edited:
Local footy U/16's, crumbed a ball off hands about 50 out, broke a tackle, ran to 40 and buried it on the left. Away game we were down by 4 points and the siren went as it sailed over the umpires hat. Only time ive ever celebrated a goal.

You've shot some big guns in the States havent you???

Are you a decent shot re. that?

I got taught Darts in Canada by some British ppl. Got several bullseyes #notbad at all. It was weird tho, it was hard to figure out my dominant dart arm, im kinda ambidextrous.

You've shot some big guns in the States havent you???

Are you a decent shot re. that?

I got taught Darts in Canada by some British ppl. Got several bullseyes #notbad at all. It was weird tho, it was hard to figure out my dominant dart arm, im kinda ambidextrous.
Nah, i shot handguns in the states, ive shot rifles and shotguns here.

Did clay target shooting for a bucks and i was pretty good. The guy at the range in Vegas said i had good grouping with a beretta (i think).

Nah, i shot handguns in the states, ive shot rifles and shotguns here.

Did clay target shooting for a bucks and i was pretty good. The guy at the range in Vegas said i had good grouping with a beretta (i think).

Sorry but im totally hearing that part of the post ala The guy off The Office bragging about his Go-Karting skills. :tearsofjoy:

Clay Pigeon shooting at a bucks day a few years ago - took out two clay pigeons with one shot.
Still didn't win.

That time when I was in hospital for a dislocated elbow and they gave me a shot of morphine and valium.
A true out of body experience as I was floating on the ceiling watching the doc manipulate my arm back to its normal setting.

1. Hole in one

2. Hole in one

3. Was in my caravan in the Canberra area in the middle of winter and went to bed with a windcheater on and a small bar heater also on. Middle of the night started to get a bit hot so took off the windcheater and threw it. It landed on the heater, which I didn't notice. Woke up later to the pleasant smell of burning polyester/cotton but luckily that was all that was burning.

That time when I was in hospital for a dislocated elbow and they gave me a shot of morphine and valium.
A true out of body experience as I was floating on the ceiling watching the doc manipulate my arm back to its normal setting.
Watching doctors resetting dislocations on shows like 24 hours in Emergency is my favorite. Could watch that stuff all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

playing golf many years ago, sliced the ball off the tee and landed in the hole on the wrong green

at a baseball game in Florida, got called up for a in-between inning promotion to chip a golf ball in to a net about 15m away in front of about a 1000 people, nailed it for the $100 voucher

Got the 8 ball in off the break once. We had no idea what the rules were for it so because it was so flukey I 'won' (this isn't the rule after googling). Proceeded to lose the next 5-6 games anyway

Scored from halfway in soccer once.

Got the 8 ball in off the break once. We had no idea what the rules were for it so because it was so flukey I 'won' (this isn't the rule after googling). Proceeded to lose the next 5-6 games anyway

8 Ball gets reset yeh?

I nailed a fullcourt soccer goal at a mates bucks (it was bubble soccer). Our team was up like 6-2 and the dude running it said next goal wins so took a ping and nailed it, the buck was on the other team and the dude running it was like "Mate i tried everything to get you guys to win".

Hed played a decent level of soccer in the UK and i had never played outside of school teams.

What pocket did it even go in? Am assuming back left or right corner

8 Ball gets reset yeh?

I nailed a fullcourt soccer goal at a mates bucks (it was bubble soccer). Our team was up like 6-2 and the dude running it said next goal wins so took a ping and nailed it, the buck was on the other team and the dude running it was like "Mate i tried everything to get you guys to win".

Hed played a decent level of soccer in the UK and i had never played outside of school teams.

Ill never forget playing air hockey v a proper goalie who played it in college.

I legit kicked his ass 3 games in a row. He was filthy to say the least.

What pocket did it even go in? Am assuming back left or right corner
Back left. Only time I've ever seen it happen

Yeah respot the ball or completely start again, Phantom. That said I just googled again and it says you win so who knows haha. Everyone plays different rules

Back left. Only time I've ever seen it happen

Yeah respot the ball or completely start again, Phantom. That said I just googled again and it says you win so who knows haha. Everyone plays different rules
Man. You are not wrong there. Had several arguments over in the US over pool. Their rules are bs

Man. You are not wrong there. Had several arguments over in the US over pool. Their rules are bs
We played guys in LA in 2017 and they argued so much about the rules. Even had the nerve to say "it's even like this in Australia".

The yanks just suck the fun out of everything...

What about your worst shots.

Working at hoyts for the opening of the broadmeadows cinema, they had some essendon footballers come for the day/promo it have a handball comp whatever.

So we set up the handball and i was the first one to "test it"- have my shot- the ball lands maybe 2 feet in front of me. And yes ppl were watching.

Also was taught by an Aboriginal how to throw a boomerang up in FNQ. It went straight into the ground, twice.
Was embarrassed to be an Aussie.

Last night was going to sleep, and yanked my hair tie out and just threw it randomly over my shoulder in the direction of my desk. I hunted around for it this morning, until I found it not just on my chair- but the tiny 5cm part where the seat of the chair connects to the back. A 100-1 shot in the dark. Literally.

What are your best shots, or comebacks.

My 3, 2, 1 would be

3. Pool game v my cousin in law Eddie. He was on the black, i still hadnt even potted one ball. I came back and won.

2. Table tennis v Coops a workmate at my first school. Was down 10-20, and I won it something like 26-24.

1. Best shot I ever did. Year 9 class circa 2010ish- kids were mucking around with paper planes and not doing their work. I had to confiscate, but instead of just putting the plane in the bin, I chucked it in the general direction of the bin several metres away. The plane- I sh*t you not- did a full 360 in the air, hit the wall above the bin, then slide thru the lid (yes there was also a lid on the bin) BANG. I reckon if I did that a million times again I wouldnt get anywhere near repeating it.

Hon mentions- all the half full water bottles while I was working at hoyts. I'd launch them from the back of the cinema and try to get them in the bin towards the front. Was fun.

I'd be even more impressed if your cousin Eddie's surname was Charlton.

Playing cricket for Crib Point v Tyabb. I hit a six over mid wicket that cleared the fence, pine trees, into the tennis courts and hit a bloke in the shoulder on the full as he was in the ball toss of his serve.

Playing for Edmonton Parks v Edmonton at the South Cairns Canecutters footy oval (same dimensions as the GABBA apparently), the pavilion is / was 2 stories, changerooms on the ground and bar and pokies up stairs with a balcony you could sit out on and watch the action. I hit a six that high that it came down at just the right angle that it missed everything on the way down, bounced of the concrete base of the balcony and went straight through an open door into the pokie area.

Playing for North Shore v Geelong Cement at the Cementies home ground which is very picturesque but tiny. It was late in the day, I hit a six to long on that never climbed anymore than about 5 or 6ft off the deck, it went like an absolute rocket. Right near where the ball was heading, near the boundary fence was the wife of one of the opposition players with their 2 year old daughter pushing / riding a scooter type thing. The kid was about 6 ft from mum and I yelled out as soon as I saw it was wide of the mid on, mum only had time to look up and pick up the track of the ball. We all started bolting towards her, she didn't have any time to even move towards the kid. It missed the little girl by about 4 inches. I was almost sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back