Prediction Jordan Dawson : Becomes A Crow What Day OF The Trade Period? 1 - 10?

Remove this Banner Ad

Juat read fox footy article that Sydney did increase their offer to $600k / season over a 5 year deal.

Reported that our offer is $650k / season over 5 years as well.....

Sydney obviously rate him highly

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Youre not related by any chance to my fav Pole?

609424fef791926465885ba2d25693ea.jpg

uncle

I'm predicting the Swans will play hard ball which is fair enough on their part.
Trade period opens on Monday 4th October - Closes Wednesday 13th October
I'll plonk for day 9 - October the 12th.

Though I think day 10 would be favourite if a poll was held.

Play hardball how? If there's Pick 23 in front of them, and they're down to the wire on the last day, they'll take it.

Crows should just put that in front of them, set it/forget it, and continue on with other business.

Play hardball how? If there's Pick 23 in front of them, and they're down to the wire on the last day, they'll take it.

Crows should just put that in front of them, set it/forget it, and continue on with other business.
Swans played handball with Papely who was contracted however they don't have a history of playing handball with uncontracted players seeking a trade

I guess we will know soon enough

I predict we will find discrepancies with Jordan Dawsons contract with Sydney but before we tell the AFL, they send him to the PSD and we get him for nothing. Sydney lose draft picks and Lachie Murphy goes to Collingwood and their CEO runs a COVID hotspot winery.

I know it doesn’t matter in this trade, but out of interest, if Dawson was a free agent and we lured him over with the reported 5 years at $650k deal, what would the AFL give the Swans as compo?

I know it doesn’t matter in this trade, but out of interest, if Dawson was a free agent and we lured him over with the reported 5 years at $650k deal, what would the AFL give the Swans as compo?

This is probably the best article about the "formula" the AFL use: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...free-agency-compensation-20180221-p4z16j.html

Of course there is an absurd amount of leeway to allow the AFL to do whatever they want.

Given his age is at the lower end, it _could_ be a 1st round pick (i.e. pick 13), but it's more likely that the ~$600/year (how much is guaranteed?) would make it an end of first round pick - so 19. Not far away from 23.

Juat read fox footy article that Sydney did increase their offer to $600k / season over a 5 year deal.

Reported that our offer is $650k / season over 5 years as well.....

Sydney obviously rate him highly

As they should. He was one of their most important players this season, taking into account Sydney were a finals side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be arguing over stupid future pick for like 4 days instead of keeping it simple and just doing a simple swap of 23 for Dawson

So Thursday day 4 and it will be full of future pick swaps

i.e Sydney- Pick 23, Future (ADL) 2nd round, (ADL) 4th round
Adelaide Dawson, Future (SYD) 3rd, round (SYD) 4th round

2nd rd pick, so 27 or 28.

cant believe some ppl think this will be done early, no chance of that, will be last day probably last hour

Why are Sydney talking like they hold all the cards? He's uncontacted, and selected a club of choice.

We could easily say pick 37 and a 3rd rounder next year take it or leave it or we'll go down the pre season draft route

Anything more than 23 would be over paying on our end purely because we have the option of the pre season draft

Here is his wikipedia entry...'interesting' middle name :D

Jordan Judas Dawson (born 9 April 1997) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Sydney Swans in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted by Sydney with their third selection and fifty-sixth overall in the 2015 national draft.[1] He made his debut in the one point loss against Collingwood at the Sydney Cricket Ground in round three of the 2017 season.[2]
Well, Judas only committed one betrayal :$

Who names their kid Judas? I wonder if he's Catholic and got to choose his middle name himself? 🤔

Anyways ... what do we think of Dawson & Syd pick 31 for our 23 & 37?

We might not have list room to use 3 picks and this way we move up 6 picks on 37.

Here is his wikipedia entry...'interesting' middle name :D

Jordan Judas Dawson (born 9 April 1997) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Sydney Swans in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted by Sydney with their third selection and fifty-sixth overall in the 2015 national draft.[1] He made his debut in the one point loss against Collingwood at the Sydney Cricket Ground in round three of the 2017 season.[2]
That was site vandalism, only edited today. I have changed it back to show only "Jordan Dawson". It was probably a disgruntled Sydney fan, or a jealous port adelaide power person,..... or someone from Geelong. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back