Universal Love Overlooked/unheralded moments from the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked the wild chasm in the commentary from BT swinging between great to unbelievably bad.

Bang… Bang Bang Bang was great.

The bit in the fourth quarter when he says “and the Melbourne fans are going unbelievably…” then just gave up on the sentence. I’m still wondering. Unbelievably what?
Or when he said the crowd noise was illegal! Was expecting the cops to show up and shut the place down in the last quarter..

Start of the last quarter - ball came out of the centre Brayshaw was first to the loose ball and handballed it to our player and got the ball moving our way before Brown iced the game.
For me was pivotal for the players and fans to get the first of the last to ease the potential nerves
Agree with this. As great as that end to the 3rd quarter was, it was pivotal we got that first one in the last quarter. The fact we got it so easily and quickly put to rest the nerves and allowed us to simply enjoy the last quarter.

Agree with this. As great as that end to the 3rd quarter was, it was pivotal we got that first one in the last quarter. The fact we got it so easily and quickly put to rest the nerves and allowed us to simply enjoy the last quarter.
Great post. After the Oliver goal it would have taken a miracle for the Dogs to win the game. The ease of the Brown goal showed that the third quarter burst wasn’t a fluke and that we had them totally cooked, and so the miracle wasn’t going to happen.

This gets me because I think of the symmetry of that poor bastard openly weeping when the Dons smashed us to bits in 2013. To go from feeling the grief of a club that was borderline terminal to losing our s**t because a day we never thought would come was arriving 8 and a bit years later. Holy ******* s**t, Batman!

My week long hangover has finally subsided, so what better time to do a rewatch and get drunk.

So far:

- the female paramedic that eye *s ANB while he lines up for his first goal
- Lever's one on one defensive efforts are actually superb
- Gawn really had such an 'almost' game. 0.3 could have easily been 2.1 or 3.0. Had three really good pings from difficult spots.

3QT musings:

- Oliver not giving Bont an inch of space at any defensive 50 stoppages
- Harmes from zero to hero. We all know the importance of his kick to Fritta, but I have to praise him for not dropping his head after a total * up in the back half (and a poor game in general until then)
- Sparrow's goal off a step came from within a box of four Dogs players closing in, all half a second away from getting their hand on him. Now THAT is ice in the veins...

Maybe the wrong thread for it but * me shutup campaigners. Every single * head talks over the siren and into the song making the moment amount them except the MMM Perth bloke. Let the siren sound and play the song.
I hate it on TV aswell after a big win when the commentators wanna keep talking. Let the siren and the crowd noise tell the story and let the song play through once.

Full time:

- agitated Dogs supporters screaming over the fence at Salem in the D50 with about 9 mins to go. Let it all out fellas. Let it all out.
- Salem's face when he sees his goal go through. Priceless.
- Daisy with about 5 mins to go - this isn't my club, it's Neale Daniher's club. Proud of the boys for staring down a 19 point deficit, a red hot Bont and 57 years of history. Bloody well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the wrong thread for it but fu** me shutup campaigners. Every single fu** head talks over the siren and into the song making the moment amount them except the MMM Perth bloke. Let the siren sound and play the song.
I hate it on TV aswell after a big win when the commentators wanna keep talking. Let the siren and the crowd noise tell the story and let the song play through once.

Love the crowd booing max for not going the torp.

Love the crowd booing max for not going the torp.
Yeah side note you can tell which stations have the crowd noise down low to make it all about the commentary and why didn't ya go the barrel Gawny ya campaigner that was a GF moment in history about to happen

slightly better copy

His happiness doubled 40 seconds later

Full time:

- agitated Dogs supporters screaming over the fence at Salem in the D50 with about 9 mins to go. Let it all out fellas. Let it all out.
- Salem's face when he sees his goal go through. Priceless.
- Daisy with about 5 mins to go - this isn't my club, it's Neale Daniher's club. Proud of the boys for staring down a 19 point deficit, a red hot Bont and 57 years of history. Bloody well said.

Daisy struggled to get it all out, then she forgot about her good friend Nathan Jones, I think JB steadied the ship mentioning rod grinter leading the way for former players.

I wanted to mention Ed Langdon's goal in the last, won the ball in the back pocket and then finished at the end of the chain in the forward pocket. campaigner was absolutely spent.

• Jack Viney smashing Macrae twice at the opening bounce
  • Rivers scrapping with Naughton whilst the dogs had a fast break on the flank
  • Olivers tackle on the Bont in the third QTR
  • Kosi laid a huge tackle on Williams prior to our first goal. Williams was all over the place for the rest of the game.

Maybe the wrong thread for it but fu** me shutup campaigners. Every single fu** head talks over the siren and into the song making the moment amount them except the MMM Perth bloke. Let the siren sound and play the song.

I recommend listening to the entire WA MMM call, Cometti and the other guy call it beautifully.

Bowey's first touch in the 1st, the composure of the kid to just settle with the ball and take the game on down the line... magnifique..
I also liked when he hand balled to space in the last to avoid the tackle, then trots forward to take his own handball. One of the most composed 7 game players I have seen

The two misses from BBB and Langdon at the end of the first quarter could’ve put the Dogs on the rack early.

Conversely, if Bailey Smith’s flying shot during the second goes through instead of hitting the post, we’re in a spot of bother.

Brayshaw’s hit on Schache in the 3rd could’ve been a free kick/goal against the flow.

Fritsch missing a flying shot on goal at the start of the third (also from the first centre clearance IIRC) also important, possibly could have avoided a lot of stress if that goes through by starting the third with a quick goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back