Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Bell on Trade radio right now, will write notes

Bell: Wing or Halfback for Clark

19 is valuable, day in between and can reassess and look who slipped, assume offers are presented but if a player is there that we love we have no hesitation in using it.

Needs basis for Clarks best position, we see Clark slotting in across half back but he did play good footy on the wing, will leave it upto coaches, discussions with Clark has been half-back or wing

Seems most talk is we want him for half back, interesting

Not thought about sliding up in the draft yet, will think about it but comfortable with 6 and 8

Wells (Cats) on Tradio now

Only did deal if benefitted everybody, Mackie managed whole negotiation

Think deal reflects value on Jordan

On the Clark phone call, "It simply didn't happen, Jordan and I had a conversation but it didn't get heated"

Would have loved to have him back but when he asks to go we are respectful particular because second year in a row

Happy with 22 and the future to let him go

Freo made it clear right from the start that 19 was never on the table, so the whole period was focused on 22

Bell on Trade radio right now, will write notes

Bell: Wing or Halfback for Clark

19 is valuable, day in between and can reassess and look who slipped, assume offers are presented but if a player is there that we love we have no hesitation in using it.

Needs basis for Clarks best position, we see Clark slotting in across half back but he did play good footy on the wing, will leave it upto coaches, discussions with Clark has been half-back or wing

Seems most talk is we want him for half back, interesting

Not thought about sliding up in the draft yet, will think about it but comfortable with 6 and 8
So that spells the end of Wilson then.
He’s definitely a winger. Can play similar to Langdon’s role. Run up and down using the speed

People complain I use hindsight when complaining about Lobb, when I did not want him from the start.

Clark is work pick 40.
Clark is worth pick 40. At least his value is closer to 40 than 22. I'd like to think though, that playing him will raise his value again, then it won't look as bad in hindsight. I'm pretty confident this will be how it plays out.

Wells (Cats) on Tradio now

On the Clark phone call, "It simply didn't happen, Jordan and I had a conversation but it didn't get heated"

Would have loved to have him back but when he asks to go we are respectful particular because second year in a row

Happy with 22 and the future to let him go

Freo made it clear right from the start that 19 was never on the table, so the whole period was focused on 22

Damage control 2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So overall someone help me recap.

Out: Cerra, 22, 27, future something for both trades ?

In: 6, 19, Brodie, Clark, F4
#22 and #27 can't both be outs because #27 was turned into #22 with a F3.

So our position is:

In: #6, #19, #61, #69, F4 (Geel), Clark and Brodie
Out: Cerra, #27, F2, F3, F4

Lol at this concept of ''overpaying" for an undeveloped asset! Life (and football) doesn't work that way. Kid's a talent in an identified area of need. We established what we were prepared to pay and got what we wanted for that price. Let's see what he delivers, but whatever he does deliver, no-one will give a f*** whether we paid pick 14, 22, 28 or 75. And don't get me started on 2028 rants about who Geelong ends up selecting with the 22 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back