Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qld don't have an election to worry about until 2024. WA not until 2025.
As long as Covid is around I cannot see QLD or WA opening up to outsiders, and that could be for some time. What do others think?

As long as Covid is around I cannot see QLD or WA opening up to outsiders, and that could be for some time. What do others think?

Pretty much on the money i think, only thing that will change if the popularity drops.

The West Aussies will turn once the Eastern states start heading O/S more specifically Bali, if that happens and they cannot go he will be run out of state.

Rule of thumb people on the left want more rules to prevent deaths and further you go right more and more freedoms and accept deaths.
What an utterly stupid and dumb thing to say. On what do you base this "rule of thumb"?

Pfffft they can suck eggs. If they wanna live in a hermit state forever, go for it. It’s their loss.
Freo, WC, GC and Brisbane can come and hub in other states for an AFL season. Not a chance in hell clubs are going to fly over to QLD/WA and sit in a hotel for 2 days next year.

Pfffft they can suck eggs. If they wanna live in a hermit state forever, go for it. It’s their loss.
Freo, WC, GC and Brisbane can come and hub in other states for an AFL season. Not a chance in hell clubs are going to fly over to QLD/WA and sit in a hotel for 2 days next year.
There is more freedoms in those states without any fear of getting the ronna when you have 100 people around to your house

The only thing we cant do is get back if we leave......stay away long enough and that may change.
If the non NSW/ Vic states can manage a 90 plus % vax rate quickly and without the hardships of a lockdown or masks they win the gold standard Ronna management award.....its going to involve good luck and good management

Think QLD will end up opening towards the end of December. Always back self interest and they will be open for December/January holidays

Sadly, this is extremely likely. The tourist industry wants tourists but not covid, can’t have both options. The current CHO wants 95% vaccinated. There’ll be a new CHO in a few weeks, maybe he’ll be less alarmist, we’ll see. We’re still lagging well behind with only 56% fully vaxed. It’s going to take a while.

Two DAYS or two weeks? I think our club is all quarantined and bubbled and hubbed out. No more. I’d rather forfeit games than have them go through that for the third year.

Sadly, this is extremely likely. The tourist industry wants tourists but not covid, can’t have both options. The current CHO wants 95% vaccinated. There’ll be a new CHO in a few weeks, maybe he’ll be less alarmist, we’ll see. We’re still lagging well behind with only 56% fully vaxed. It’s going to take a while.
Our town is choc a block with tourists
Lots of Qlders but a friend of a friend just sold her house to a French couple...dont know if they have been here for the whole time or did the 2 week quarantine ???

Places that need to fill beds with plane loads arent doing as well but the drive to destinations are doing real well
You can still get to places from other parts of Australia just not Vic/NSW

Our town is choc a block with tourists
Lots of Qlders but a friend of a friend just sold her house to a French couple...dont know if they have been here for the whole time or did the 2 week quarantine ???

Places that need to fill beds with plane loads arent doing as well but the drive to destinations are doing real well
Where do you live (in general terms, not the specific address!)?

We’re still lagging well behind with only 56% fully vaxed

Thing of it is though, if an infection comes in you can hit it with contact tracing and other measures, suppress the spread and it’ll take a couple of weeks to start creeping into triple figures, even if those measures aren’t completely successful. By then you’ve almost reached your vaccination targets. And it might spur an increased vaccination rate, as we’ve seen in NSW and Victoria.

Doubt it will happen, but I think it’s time our governments took lockdown off the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the Southern Great Barrier Reef
Never been there but would love to. I was booked to go to Port Douglas in August this year, but it was cancelled. Closest I have got to north QLD

I think it’s time our governments took lockdown off the table.
There is no turning back once we hit 80% in Melbourne. I think there would be mass riots if there was even a hint of a new lockdown. With infection numbers still high that is a scary thought for the CHO and Premier

There is no turning back once we hit 80% in Melbourne. I think there would be mass riots if there was even a hint of a new lockdown. With infection numbers still high that is a scary thought for the CHO and Premier
You try and deal with the virus with vax or ICU
Vax is easier but the people have had enough unfortunately

Which polls? The 68% one?

Honestly this is a bad take. He said all along when vaccination targets were hit we would open up.

lol... 68% poll, who really believed that was factual?

Andrews sole focus is making sure he looks good politically, everything else is a side show and distraction.

COVID is a useful tool for Andrews to get his head on TV daily, and it's a politicians dream to be able to hold press conferences and be sure the media will show up and report on it.

Andrews sole focus is making sure he looks good politically, everything else is a side show and distraction.

COVID is a useful tool for Andrews to get his head on TV daily, and it's a politicians dream to be able to hold press conferences and be sure the media will show up and report on it.
Im sure he would have preferred it if he was handing out shiny new stuff not punishment.

Yeah the 44% poll held recently is more realistic ;)

But it is funny to see how Dan's made some major changes and concessions to his roadmap and the DAK are pushing the line this is what was always promised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back