Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Right.

You can post a nonsense source if you want from a bigoted commentator.

Just expect to be called on your bullshit, again and again.

That's just an ad hominem, it does nothing to discredit the actual issue that you're apparently avoiding talking about. Try playing the ball occasionally.

I think I'm beginning to see why the Gender Education Gap isn't a bigger issue. People like this who would do anything to keep from discussing it.

The extent of your discussion was:

I always find it weird how liberals don't care about the gender gap in education. All the focus on mainstream media is about getting more women into STEM. Meanwhile boys and men fall behind at every year level.

The rest of your post was about the article, and the first paragraph from it. That's not a discussion.
Leaving aside the author, the article references a report but provides no link. I can't find the report on this page: https://nscresearchcenter.org/ but maybe you'll have better luck. It's probably hidden amongst some of the enrollment details but I couldn't locate a direct discussion of the gender gap in the most recent report I read.
The problem I see with the article is that it picks and chooses what evidence to present. There's some nice stats about gender parity, and enrolment details of vets. A 2009 study that indicated men prefer working with things. But then the author starts making inflammatory comments about how hardline feminists are making assumptions about STEM imbalances, that STEM is going the way of humanities.
And then they focus on astronomy, the "wokest" of the STEMs. Female astronomers make up between a fifth and a quarter of all astronomers. Guess that makes it woke. The author then writes multiple paragraphs about an unverified anecdotal experience from a book that appears to be have been published with a clear agenda in mind.

What do you think of the author's statement that the most brilliant scientists are workaholic men who think of nothing else but science, and stating that Einstein wouldn't even be able to enrol these days?

Clearly you thought the article had merit, but I personally think it's full of holes. There is definitely merit in examining why boys aren't progressing educatively as they once did, but I don't believe it's the fault of females. This article is not the best form of the argument, not even close.

And finally, if you think it's an issue, what do you think should be done about it? What's your plan for improving or changing male engagement in education?

The extent of your discussion was:

The rest of your post was about the article, and the first paragraph from it. That's not a discussion.

I didn't say we were having a discussion, maybe we can start one.

Leaving aside the author, the article references a report but provides no link.

And finally, if you think it's an issue, what do you think should be done about it? What's your plan for improving or changing male engagement in education?

You're right that I didn't think much of the article, it was just a reminder of this issue that's mostly gone unaddressed for a while, and I posted it just as a reference.

I don't know, they say males learn differently in general, require more movement in the classroom, etc. I suspect there may be gender biases, or that having more male teachers would help.

But the real problem to solve first is why it's not even being addressed, certainly not on mainstream media.

That's just an ad hominem, it does nothing to discredit the actual issue that you're apparently avoiding talking about. Try playing the ball occasionally.
You going to be ok?

You've actually raised nothing worth talking about other than an amorphous male education gap, with some some article from a nonsense source you (apparently) don't even rate.

I didn't say we were having a discussion, maybe we can start one.

You're right that I didn't think much of the article, it was just a reminder of this issue that's mostly gone unaddressed for a while, and I posted it just as a reference.

I don't know, they say males learn differently in general, require more movement in the classroom, etc. I suspect there may be gender biases, or that having more male teachers would help.

But the real problem to solve first is why it's not even being addressed, certainly not on mainstream media.

I'm sorry, but you posted that article with no disclaimers about your thoughts on its quality, and then bemoaned how boys are falling behind and how women are getting into STEM. So you'll have to forgive me for assuming that you felt it represented your beliefs.

Perhaps you could find an article or reference that you do like, that does support your thoughts on this matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry, but you posted that article with no disclaimers about your thoughts on its quality, and then bemoaned how boys are falling behind and how women are getting into STEM. So you'll have to forgive me for assuming that you felt it represented your beliefs.

Perhaps you could find an article or reference that you do like, that does support your thoughts on this matter.

You can find any number of articles on Google that talk about it.

Ill say what I want. You trying to cancel me, champ?

For someone who wants a dialogue, learn to have one.

You don't want a dialogue, obviously, you've been using every cheap trick in the book to avoid this subject and others. So I'm not going to force you.

You're being invited by 2 posters and you still piss and moan about bullshit.

You don't want a dialogue about this issue.

Sure I do, go ahead. The obstruction so far has been your quibbling about pedantic stuff like where a particular source is, and attacking people's character. Oh, and now projection apparently.

Feel free to lay all that to the side and return serve on the actual topic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back