Opinion Which Hawthorn players are set for a breakout season in 2022?

Which players are set for a breakout season in 2022?

• Will Day

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Mitchell Lewis

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Ned Reeves

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Emerson Jeka

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Conor Nash

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Max Lynch

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 15 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t the question who is not set for a breakout season?

Mcevoy, shiels, Moore (although should be even better), bruest, frost.

outside of this everyone is set for huge improvement and sicily 🤤

Denver showed all the tools when fit last year and he has been putting in a ton of work this off season judging by his insta.

Can't wait to see him patrolling our back 50

P.s Day should not be allowed to be voted for in here, the GOAT can't break out.

Denver showed all the tools when fit last year and he has been putting in a ton of work this off season judging by his insta.

Can't wait to see him patrolling our back 50

P.s Day should not be allowed to be voted for in here, the GOAT can't break out.
Agree, Denver putting in massive yards in the gym in WA at present.

Reeves looks a chance to be a quality ruckman with a good leap - something we haven't had since, I don't know - Greg Dear?

a fully fit number 19 will be a massive bonus for us too (if its possible) - his body hasn't been right since 2018

Think Will Day broke out in 2020 didn't he when he finished top 10 in the Crimmins?

I see Bramble, with a big professional pre-season, having a break-out.

I didnt see the breakdown of B&F votes but you would think Bramble's 2nd half of 2021 was top 5 or 6. The way he could be moved around between and during games but excel at every stage was just brilliant.

He has a real football mind and his ability to deliver the ball cleanly was great. And he isnt afraid to grab the ball and run. And his delivery inside 50 was nearly as good as Brad Hill at his best.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard not to see Nash and Day having big ones. Day needs to get 15+ games in him I think- he's had a horrid run of injuries and such.
DGB and Finn could also.
Would love for Downie to have a great one, too.

I'm stoked that we're in a position where we have so many youngsters who are in contention for this.
Seamus I think will get exposure later in the year, Brocky will continue to subtly flourish and show deftness (need to sign him ASAP), and I think a young ruck will come on massively.

Nash - continuity in his correct position will do him wonders

O'Seamus O'Mitchell - I'm really hoping he has a massive pre-season & gets games with the bigs

Mitch Lewis - Really want to see him become a boss CHF & just work hard all game. Lead up the corridor at the ball carrier when the ball rockets out of defence & drift toward the wing as cover if we have to kick down the line. Will hopefully become a dangerous combo with Gunston.

Will Day.

A genuine break out contender is pretty tough this season with the coaching transition I recon.
I’m really big on Jekka to have the penny drop over the preseason and force his way to CHF.
I love the way this kid moves and think he has all the tools and then some to be the no.23 for the next premiership.

Nash with a full pre season as a mid is a scary prospect.
Worps as a Sammy fav is every chance to have a bounce back year.
Brockman is a strong chance.

Reeves, I had penciled in for the starting gig in 2022 a fair wile back. If he can get his game to the next level of consistency he will be massive this year in how the Hawks perform. If he has the breakout season it will be the most valuable breakout that the Hawks have seen for quite some time IMO.

Last edited:
No love for Josh Morris? Has a lot of competition for a spot in the backline but was very impressive when moved down back at BH. Starting to develop some genuine speed/power and a real penetrating kick. Will probably need some injuries to get a look in but may surprise.

Worpel. If Sammy gives him a better role look out. Would be better for the team in the long run too.
All the mids need to find a second role they can excel at so the newer mids get a go
Problem is it crowds out the flanks to run other new kids through

Don't know where to put this but the AFL website published a list of top 5 speeds recorded for each team. We are one of the two slowest with shitney.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Something we've identified with our recent drafting.

Probably the 2 fastest players on our list have yet to debut.

All the mids need to find a second role they can excel at so the newer mids get a go
Problem is it crowds out the flanks to run other new kids through

all the best 22 teams posted are 50-50 old to young (bramble 23Nash 23 scrimshaw 23 worpel 22 maybe the cut-off) so is it really such an issue?
Loss of players from injury will only skew that younger with replacements
Only 14 current players are 24 or over

Last edited:
Back