Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

My final comment is on the name "Gary". Nowadays it is justly infamous for a certain Western District spud, but worse The Rohan has brought the name into complete and utter disrepute.

Not just the Abletts but wonderful players like Wilson and Dempsey bore the name. Even Sidebottom the 1st and the Blood's Frangalas at least had entertaining surnames and they could also play.

New mums and dads now will think twice before they name their bouncing baby child Gary. The choking curse alone will put many off.

My final comment is on the name "Gary". Nowadays it is justly infamous for a certain Western District spud, but worse The Rohan has brought the name into complete and utter disrepute.

Not just the Abletts but wonderful players like Wilson and Dempsey bore the name. Even Sidebottom the 1st and the Blood's Frangalas at least had entertaining surnames and they could also play.

New mums and dads now will think twice before they name their bouncing baby child Gary. The choking curse alone will put many off.

Glitter did it no good either.

Player #9 - Shaun Higgins
1637721194429.png
Pictured: Shaun Higgins featured in the Wiggles' Big Red car in 1995 according to the Wiggles fandom page

Shaun Higgins is a Geelong local who formerly played for the Bulldogs and North. After finding out he would be 33 years old before season 2021 started, Geelong pounced and offered him a 2 year deal, and offered pick 30 to boot. Even Ned Guy had to double check that trade. After they stopped laughing, North accepted the deal.

This year Shaun played in 17 games as a high forward/utility. All the time he spent forward yielded 4 goals for the season. Despite his reputation as a classy player, and an 'elite kick', Shaun went at a seemingly respectable but highly misrepresented 77% DE this year. Let's unpack this a little.
When weighted for the easy options he takes and the kicks he should make, Higgins was *dun dun daaaahhh* the worst kick in the AFL competition.

Seriously:
The AFL world needs to change its view of Shaun Higgins, according to stats guru Daniel Hoyne.
“Everyone assumes this guy is a Rolls Royce, he’s a beautiful mover, he’s a great kick — it’s absolutely not the case. He’s the worst kick in the competition this year,” Hoyne said.
“We’ve got to assess this guy differently.”
Digging deeper than kicking efficiency, Champion Data gives every player a kick rating to measure how often they hit the targets they should.

“He’s almost 10 per cent below the AFL average this year for the kicks he’s trying to pull off,” Hoyne said.
“We’ve talked about Nat Fyfe a lot and his accuracy in front of goal — Shaun Higgins is worse. (He’s had) 15 shots at goal this year for two goals. He’s had 11 shots at goal that have been unpressured.
I haven't seen such a stunning lack of accuracy since I last read the Covid thread on the conspiracy board on BigFooty.

So Geelong paid pick 30 for a 33 year old, gave him a 2 year deal (lol), only for him to repeatedly miss the target so badly his kicking heat map looks like an RSL urinal at 1am on Saturday morning.
To top this off, the guy hasn't met a reflection he doesn't like - he hogs the mirrors at Geelong more than Tommy Hawkins hogs the halftime oranges. The finer points of dracula had to be explained to him 6 times.
Then there's the cost of not picking a youngster with pick 30, and... oh who am I kidding. Chris Scott would never play the kids anyway. Geelong players are of a demographic so advanced that they needed to hire a consultant just to get the Covid vax certificates onto their pagers.
Rumour has it that Geelong's finals failures are in part to opposition players slipping a copy of the Woman's Weekly cake book into the Geelong rooms pre-game and watching them collapse into a teary, nostalgic mess.
1637722329068.png
Pictured: Having 'cook' and 'book' in the same post means Carlton's accountant will subscribe to it

Speaking of finals failures, I must give credit to Shaun Higgins for Geelong's last final. Yes they lost by 83 points and the margin was 29 points at halftime, but that wasn't Shaun's fault because he was the sub and didn't get on the ground in that half. Amazingly, Shaun still has a 7m gained better stat sheet than lifetime achievement award winner Gary Rohan at that stage of the game.

Fun fact: Shaun's sister plays netball for the Geelong Cougers, two words that when placed together trigger horrifying levels of PTSD for too many young men.

Shaun, good luck for your final pre-season that starts soon. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2021.

View attachment 1286323
Pictured: Shaun Higgins featured in the Wiggles' Big Red car in 1995 according to the Wiggles fandom page

Shaun Higgins is a Geelong local who formerly played for the Bulldogs and North. After finding out he would be 33 years old before season 2021 started, Geelong pounced and offered him a 2 year deal, and offered pick 30 to boot. Even Ned Guy had to double check that trade. After they stopped laughing, North accepted the deal.

This year Shaun played in 17 games as a high forward/utility. All the time he spent forward yielded 4 goals for the season. Despite his reputation as a classy player, and an 'elite kick', Shaun went at a seemingly respectable but highly misrepresented 77% DE this year. Let's unpack this a little.
When weighted for the easy options he takes and the kicks he should make, Higgins was *dun dun daaaahhh* the worst kick in the AFL competition.

Seriously:

I haven't seen such a stunning lack of accuracy since I last read the Covid thread on the conspiracy board on BigFooty.

So Geelong paid pick 30 for a 33 year old, gave him a 2 year deal (lol), only for him to repeatedly miss the target so badly his kicking heat map looks like an RSL urinal at 1am on Saturday morning.
To top this off, the guy hasn't met a reflection he doesn't like - he hogs the mirrors at Geelong more than Tommy Hawkins hogs the halftime oranges. The finer points of dracula had to be explained to him 6 times.
Then there's the cost of not picking a youngster with pick 30, and... oh who am I kidding. Chris Scott would never play the kids anyway. Geelong players are of a demographic so advanced that they needed to hire a consultant just to get the Covid vax certificates onto their pagers.
Rumour has it that Geelong's finals failures are in part to opposition players slipping a copy of the Woman's Weekly cake book into the Geelong rooms pre-game and watching them collapse into a teary, nostalgic mess.
View attachment 1286332
Pictured: Having 'cook' and 'book' in the same post means Carlton's accountant will subscribe to it

Speaking of finals failures, I must give credit to Shaun Higgins for Geelong's last final. Yes they lost by 83 points and the margin was 29 points at halftime, but that wasn't Shaun's fault because he was the sub and didn't get on the ground in that half. Amazingly, Shaun still has a 7m gained better stat sheet than lifetime achievement award winner Gary Rohan at that stage of the game.

Fun fact: Shaun's sister plays netball for the Geelong Cougers, two words that when placed together trigger horrifying levels of PTSD for too many young men.

Shaun, good luck for your final pre-season that starts soon. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2021.
* yeah i always remember Mum busting out the Womens Weekly cake book and telling me to pick a cake.

I remember picking the " Pool " one
Had those choccy fingers as the pool and green jelly

Think this, only " early 80's "
d6155df80fa6f74dcb580deaf95649de-985267.png

Green Jelly.....the * was i thinking !

It'd make " Mofra's shittest 50 birthday cakes " list for sure

fu** yeah i always remember Mum busting out the Womens Weekly cake book and telling me to pick a cake.

I remember the " Pool " one

View attachment 1286339

green Jelly.....the fu** was i thinking !

It's make " Mofra's shittest 50 birthday cakes " list for sure
I actually had the pool cake for my 8th birthday. No little dolls in it though.

I can't express clearly just how terrible it was having to endure a year of Missy Higgins. Anyone who doesn't support Geelong should count themselves lucky they don't have to watch him almost every week. The Hawfs on this site who watch us more than their own side would have been frothing.

It was clear early on in the season that the game has passed him by but Scott's refusal to develop someone else in the role for what would have amounted to at worst similar production pretty much drained any confidence I had remaining in his coaching.

I hated the trade at the time and consider it one of our biggest missteps in the last 15 years.

The guy is almost at Nafey level of FIGJAM. His refusal to shepard also directly led to Duncan getting injured in a tackle which derailed his season and considering Mitch is our best ball user it was a major blow. His inability to convert in front of goal was glaring but I'd put money on it that he was in the top 3% of players league wide for clangers targeting a player in the F50.

It gets said a lot in this thread but I just can't see how there are 8 bigger s**t trucks. Muffra has been generous by putting him at 9.

fu** yeah i always remember Mum busting out the Womens Weekly cake book and telling me to pick a cake.

View attachment 1286339

Green Jelly.....the fu** was i thinking !

Now that is an elite cake.

View attachment 1286339

Green Jelly.....the fu** was i thinking !

It's right up there with Jonathan Patton's ice cream cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually had the pool cake for my 8th birthday. No little dolls in it though.

We made the train for one of my daughter's birthdays.
Then we went free-lance and made a bob-the builder cake of our own design for my son.
I remember an 8 year old one too, where the 8 was like a figure of 8 racing track with little motorbikes on it.

View attachment 1286323

Seriously:

View attachment 1286332

You forgot the squibbing and allergy to shepherding.

Spent much of the afternoon digging out the site for a new sceptic tank at our fishing retreat. It gave me a time to develop a rare insight into, and a new respect for, the recent inductee into the Hall Of Fame - Levi Casboult. Now, I ain't arguing he did not deserve the award. But consider what he had to endure during his nine year, 154 game "career."

Rather than immerse himself for another season at Carlscum he became an anti-vaccer. Fair enough, and a gentleman's way to not urinate on his former fellow inmates. However, when the chance arose to join a club with a future he realised the error of his ways and agreed to get vacced if he were rookied. I salute you Levi - a man of principles and rare discernment.

View attachment 1286323

Seriously:

View attachment 1286332

Surely they can't get better than this?

😮😮😮

Cannot believe Shaun Higgins was included - the man is elite, elite I tell you.

#1 in the league in finger pointing; do as I say, not as I do; and I’ll man the mark, you chase my opponent forward for me......

You haven't seen squibbing until you watch Jason Johanisen play, the only thing in the world quicker to run away from physical contact than him is the French Army.
Cale Morton wants JJ to hold his beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back