EPL Matchday 20 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

They get called but it's frustrating when it's the keeper initiating the contact but he can basically get away with anything because he's a keeper.

I agree. For me it should only be given if the attacker plays the man / has eyes on the man instead of the ball. I would have given it personally, others wouldn't.

Definitely not a VAR call though.

It is only 6 points. Lose to Chelsea and Liverpool and there is 6 points lost

This place is weird how early supporters are willing to concede a title is over

Probably because whenever anyone talks positively about their team, they get derided and told to take it to their team thread.

It is only 6 points. Lose to Chelsea and Liverpool and there is 6 points lost

This place is weird how early supporters are willing to concede a title is over

I said this last week.

Momentum and consistency is everything, and City have it in spades more than any other top 4 contender.

The only thing that will stop Citeh from winning the Premier League again is compliancey, which I don't think Pep will allow happen.

They are head and shoulders by far the best team in England, not one team is capable of going toe to toe with them for the rest of the season.

I said this last week.

Momentum and consistency is everything, and City have it in spades more than any other top 4 contender.

The only thing that will stop Citeh from winning the Premier League again is compliancey, which I don't think Pep will allow happen.

They are head and shoulders by far the best team in England, not one team is capable of going toe to toe with them for the rest of the season.

The only thing that could stop them is an injury decimated squad.

I said this last week.

Which is fine, I think City will win it as well but it is not over with 19 games left.

United were 8 up with 6 to play in 11/12. It wasn't like they were an average team either, they still finished on 89 despite dropping those points. City have already lost to Palace and Tottenham and dropped points to Southampton so it is not like they will go through and beat every weaker team

I agree. For me it should only be given if the attacker plays the man / has eyes on the man instead of the ball. I would have given it personally, others wouldn't.

Definitely not a VAR call though.

On field ref made the call, VAR just didn't overturn it.

It's still way too early in the season. No, City don't look like dropping points but all it takes is a few weeks of bad form and Liverpool or Chelsea could come right back into it.

We were 5 points clear after Matchday 12 or something, still plenty of time left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because whenever anyone talks positively about their team, they get derided and told to take it to their team thread.
No problems with being positive about your team but when they are dismissive of players in other teams in doing so that is when people start reacting. Then a couple of losses later they quickly say the title is over when the season just hits the halfway mark

There’ll be surprise results with city, like palace beating them at home 2-0. They’re an impressive side, but 6pts at this stage of the season can be reigned in.

Liverpool & Chelsea still in the hunt.

They get called but it's frustrating when it's the keeper initiating the contact but he can basically get away with anything because he's a keeper.
Frustrating for you and you're a neutral. I was annoyed all morning.
We've legitimately had the ball in the net 3 times yet drawn 1-1 and fans are moaning about not taking our chances.

Well.. We did. Just that Mike Riley is the head of an incompetent body that can't get things right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back