Premier Lg EPL Matchday 34, 35 & 36 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Got lucky with the own goal but their goal by the letter of the law is offside and I do think the penalty call before Sakas goal wasn’t there from the replays I can see.

Managed to hold on through a silly Raya mistake and a definite one which they wouldn’t have got (which is crazy considering Oliver was right there) unless VAR intervened

That was never a penalty for me, not from the replays I’ve seen. The sweeping move from there was glorious to score at the other end. The interplay between Saka and Havertz I can watch again and again.

I knew they’d come back hard in the second half, they had to, it was their grand final and they were well up for it overall. One of those chaotic finishes that I could’ve well done without, Raya’s mistake aged me a few years haha :D

3 huge points to cap off a very hectic schedule for Arsenal in the last few weeks, and now with 7 day gaps between the remaining league matches to contend with. Whether that impacts rhythm or not remains to be seen. Goes without saying, Arsenal need to win the 3 remaining fixtures and hope that somehow City drop points somewhere across their remaining 4.

That was never a penalty for me, not from the replays I’ve seen.

Yes because you're a Gooner lol. If that happened to Saka in the 86th minute and you needed it to win the game and maintain the title charge it would be a disgrace and a stonewall pen.

It was soft but so is the majority of penalties. Trossard lightly kicked the back of Kulus leg

Yes because you're a Gooner lol. If that happened to Saka in the 86th minute and you needed it to win the game and maintain the title charge it would be a disgrace and a stonewall pen.

It was soft but so is the majority of penalties. Trossard lightly kicked the back of Kulus leg

Are we allowed to talk about referee decisions now? Has the ban been lifted?

Yeah nah.

I think the Kulu one was a penalty but whatever not gonna cry over it. Just compounded by them scoring directly from it aswell. Potentially a 2 goal swing off that decision which is the game.
The one where he tried to step over a few times into the box? I thought it was at first but on replay there was nothing in it.

The one where he tried to step over a few times into the box? I thought it was at first but on replay there was nothing in it.
Nah that was Maddison that wasn't a penalty clean tackle by whoever it was. It was Kulu just before it and trossard went across the back of his legs gently and tripped him up.

Kinda funny cause arsenal scored directly from it and it was really the only open play chance created by either side for the whole game

I just think it's funny that people can't put bias aside watching penalty calls.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Tangle of legs between two players nowhere near the ball, move on mate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh my bad lol I didn't realise fouls only count if the balls close. Play on then!
It's two players running past each other getting their feet tangled. It wouldn't be called a foul anywhere else on the pitch, and wasn't called a foul upon VAR review. Cope and seethe.

It's two players running past each other getting their feet tangled. It wouldn't be called a foul anywhere else on the pitch, and wasn't called a foul upon VAR review. Cope and seethe.
Neither coping nor seething big fella but you're weirdly defensive for something that's so clean cut. The old protesting too much I reckon..

That's ok you keep defending it hard though and maybe they'll just keep the decision!

Yeah i think they will keep the decision.

It wasn’t a wrong decision and I think it’s right VAR stayed out of it. Just like if it was given on the field I don’t think they get involved. Neither would be a clear and obvious error. If I’m spurs I’m more dirty at Maddison for his poor dive straight after. Gave it away cheaply with 2 spurs players now on the deck and gave Arsenal all the time in the world to counter.

It wasn’t a wrong decision and I think it’s right VAR stayed out of it. Just like if it was given on the field I don’t think they get involved. Neither would be a clear and obvious error. If I’m spurs I’m more dirty at Maddison for his poor dive straight after. Gave it away cheaply with 2 spurs players now on the deck and gave Arsenal all the time in the world to counter.
Maddisons been s**t second half of the season no doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back