Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish I could find the clip of jRoo on 360 saying Pickett hadn't proved anything after pointing the scoreboard on Anzac eve and Richmond would show us come September. Great footballer but hate the campaigner.

Rewatched Gus and Gawny Lingers ep and remembered them talking about Clarry having shoulder/groin issues; is that stuff chronic? If not is there any chance we can wrap Clarry in cotton wool for a bit for his long term health? I recall something about how his feet need to be taped ridiculously too and...that sounds just so painful

Rewatched Gus and Gawny Lingers ep and remembered them talking about Clarry having shoulder/groin issues; is that stuff chronic? If not is there any chance we can wrap Clarry in cotton wool for a bit for his long term health? I recall something about how his feet need to be taped ridiculously too and...that sounds just so painful
If you want him to miss a whole season then yeah. Not much else you can do

You will find there are many footballers across the league that have to manage their body very similar to Oliver.
It's well known that Travis Boak is in the similar boat and he's very meticulous throughout the week in what needs to be done during the week in getting up for games. Still going strong at 32 years of age.

You also just can't wrap them up in cotton wool. The fact that he played all 25 games this year says to me he's a complete professional in his recovery and off field requirements in getting his body up each week.

I really wish I could find the clip of jRoo on 360 saying Pickett hadn't proved anything after pointing the scoreboard on Anzac eve and Richmond would show us come September. Great footballer but hate the campaigner.

I really hated the uproar over that. Kozzy can do what he likes, I’m sure he’s aware that there will come a time when someone does it to him and I for one won’t give two shits.

Found it. He wasn't really saying that but was acting like a complete smug know-it-all who wants to go out of his way to tell opposition players how to behave. Loved that Viney told him to piss off.

Kane Cornes was the one saying we hadn't done anything yet and that Richmond players deserved respect

Last edited:
Found it. He wasn't really saying that but was acting like a complete smug know-it-all who wants to go out of his way to tell opposition players how to behave. Loved that Viney told him to piss off.

Kane Cornes was the one saying we hadn't done anything yet and that Richmond players deserved respect

******* dumb campaigner, just confirmed for me what I’ve always known about him. You could tell how hard he was taking it on the pregame broadcast on GF day that we were playing, even made a comment to that effect

Currently the best contested possession accumulator since the statistic has been recorded (with two teammates also in the top-30):

1650947908971.png

Last edited:
Currently the best contested possession accumulator since the statistic has been recorded (with two teammates also in the top-30):

View attachment 1384417
Would be interesting to see Trac's contested poss average if Clayton wasn't there. Clarry clearly a freak though. I still think he's underrated by most footy fans.

7 Brownlow winners out of the first dozen or so. Would be a crime if Clarry doesn't win one. Not the end of the world if he wins a few flags, but he'd be bloody deserving. His speech would be one for the ages too..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look back over his game today and he did play better than I thought originally (keeping in mind possession counts never impress me)

Some of his handballs in traffic around clearances were actually epic, his kicking wasn't great but he did get ****ed by teammates a few times, either not holding marks or slipping over.

It might. Depends which age.

It would easily break the record for the least amount of syllables used in a Brownlow speech...

imagine if Clayton got heavily on the sauce at the Brownlow and won, Jesus Christ, he dribbles enough s**t sober. Would be some inaudible rambling in between awkward pauses.

imagine if Clayton got heavily on the sauce at the Brownlow and won, Jesus Christ, he dribbles enough s**t sober.
Did you see his coaches association speech. They almost had to cut to an ad because he can't talk

Did you see his coaches association speech. They almost had to cut to an ad because he can't talk

he acts 30% shy and 70% like he was dropped on his head at birth.

Give that man a commentary gig.

So glad he can play football , dude can't put 4 words together .
If Taylor Walker can captain a football team and be its number one mouthpiece (even if that football team is in South Australia), anything is possible.

Neither could Jonesy and he got a special comments gig, so there is still hope yet

And never forget Travis Cloke had a media gig for a while too. That bloke was/is quite possibly the dumbest bloke there is

Neither could Jonesy and he got a special comments gig, so there is still hope yet

And never forget Travis Cloke had a media gig for a while too. That bloke was/is quite possibly the dumbest bloke there is
Non controversial, no chance of them saying something negative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back