• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know more about this kid

Billy Dowling is a complete midfielder who has dominated the opening four rounds of the SANFL Under-18s. He stands 21 disposals clear of second place and is averaging 1.5 goals per game. Dowling is a classy user who is prolific as a ball-winner and accumulator. He reads the game exceptionally well and often can be found pushing behind the ball to intercept, but then forward of centre is equally damaging and hits the scoreboard seemingly at will. With Dowling's start to the season, he belongs in the discussion with this draft's best midfielders.

No issue with that.

Sure, Bont and Cripps are great, but there are plenty of great <183cm mids, who would walk into our side.

3-4cm doesn't make or break a midfielder.

I'd take a Voss and Ablett Jnr, who were a couple of handy sub 183 players. I don't think they'd struggle in today's game.

Give me someone who has some acceleration, is hard at it, can tackle, and can use the ball well (decision making and execution).
This was Jones :)

Anyway I don't disagree. I just want pure and classy top end mids despite their size.

Bock was end of first compensation.
Davis was first round.

Less than what we wanted, but way more than we'd expect for Jones to Tassie.

Hard to say what the compo would be for a new Tasmanian side. I imagine it will be a shitfight sorting it out, as a bunch of sides have had really long rebuilds made worse by the concessions given to GWS and GCS.

Anyone know why knighmare no longer posts on the draft board ?
He drowned from drinking his own bathwater....

His last couple of years half his time was spent pumping up the tyres of mature agers that had been passed over multiple times by recruiters and then when he got called out he basically claimed he was right and the recruiters wrong. Had way way way more misses than hits in that regard.

Tyler Keitel and Jye Bolton two of his favourites.

I always found him hard to stomach. Seemed to be trying to blow his own trumpet too much.

But PMBangers, now there's a draft commentator you could set your watch to.
PMBangers and eDPS are both brilliant!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young guns vs Vic metro here..you may have to sign up to Cluch to watch...

big bodied mid/forward Jai Culley highly impressive, Toby Murray good in the air in the 1st quarter.

Young Guns 27 lead VM 20 at the first break.

Last edited:
Good to see a relatively high scoring game for a juniors match
My boy Charlie Molan surely gets a rookie spot with someone soon..
Yep rated him as a mid-ND selection last year, provides some real nice run. Would be stiff to not be selected in the MSD, or by December at least, you’d think

Back