Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Bombers v Hawks Sat May 7th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Dons by 7 - 20

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Dons by a lot

• Hawks by a lot

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Langford, Snelling, Kelly, Durham, Cox, Guelfi and Stewart are all bottom 6 players and easily replaced, Ridley has been awful this year as well.

Reeves, Lewis, CJ, McEvoy and Wingard are far more significant outs.
The weakest team the Bombers have fielded for the year.

You forgot our ruckman. Ceglar is currently somewhere else. I guess we could have used OBrien...

We were a wooden spoon team and Essendon finals bound. Yet we still sit higher on the ladder.

Celebrating this win shows just how bad the season is going.

So with 12 ins next week it should be a 14 goal win to the Dons ?
Oh get over yourself. Hawks fans have been talking top 8 since your got start to the season and most fans, including myself who admitted I underestimated Hawthorn, have accepted you're not a bottom 4 side and we got it wrong.

Essendon clearly had more significant outs. Stop making excuses, you sound like a sore loser.

It sucks losing to Essendon but you've got to suck it up.

Really happy with the win, look what happens when our midfield has some good deliveries inside forward 50….. Two meter Peter kicks a bag.

Fair to say the umpires were pretty biased towards the Dons in the last quarter but sometimes a good come from behind win is needed in footy. When just about everything falls your way it’s pretty fun to watch.

Reminded me of being at Docklands when the Dons played GC for the first time. I was there and just everything seemed to go our way. Finished the quarter 94-1 or something ridiculous like that.

That’s fine, not everyone is a big football fan. He’s a good honest player whose value is greater than the sum of his obvious parts. Like a Shiels.

Not really an Essendon fan more accurately.

Hawks fans picked those bottom lips up yet?

God no lol. Worst loss in some time and that's saying something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No blame in Essendon supporters getting into us. We'd be doing the same had we got up. Bitter rivalries are great for Football.

Had a feeling all week we were gonna get rolled. Bombers were always gonna be better after being slammed from the media and we really struggle stopping teams with momentum. Both teams had some significant outs, but Essendon having 5 changes 24 hours pre to the game and getting up is a good effort.

Ah well.

No blame in Essendon supporters getting into us. We'd be doing the same had we got up. Bitter rivalries are great for Football.

Had a feeling all week we were gonna get rolled. Bombers were always gonna be better after being slammed from the media and we really struggle stopping teams with momentum. Both teams had some significant outs, but Essendon having 5 changes 24 hours pre to the game and getting up is a good effort.

Ah well.
Thank you…..no shame….but bewildered we couldn’t rack up the points…..how often does the underdog
chew the pants off the supposeed ..yeah yeah….fly boys and all that….

Thank you…..no shame….but bewildered we couldn’t rack up the points…..how often does the underdog
chew the pants off the supposeed ..yeah yeah….fly boys and all that….
Just didn't take the chance to finish it. There was a point in the 3rd where we were 4 goals up. The next goal was vital and we missed plenty of chances to get 5 goals up and maintain the momentum. They ended up getting it, lifted their spirits and went on with it. Just not polished enough.

Back