Play Nice Scott Morrison 2.0 - How Long? Part 8 - Lose Unit. Game Over, Bulldozer. Cont in Part 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Part 5 is here:

Part 6 is here:

Part 7 is here:

Part 9 is here:

Last edited by a moderator:

The percentage thing is subjective. Ive known a few people around the industry and for every horse that turns a profit and thus gets looked after it seems like there are 5-10 who dont that get tossed on the scrap heap, worse for the greyhound industry.

I think anyone with ties to the industry is a mile outside the greens wheelhouse. No judgement from me on the profession just saying i dont think they are campaigning for your vote
I have owned and been part owner of horses that never won a race and all of them were looked after as well as those in the stable that were winning metropolitan races. When their racing careers were over, winners and non-winners, we made absolutely sure that these horses went to good homes.

There are people who mistreat their horses but they are certainly not the majority. It would be like saying that all people treat their children badly because some a-hole do. The vast majority of people I have come across in the thoroughbred racing industry are animal lovers first and foremost and those that aren't are being exposed more these days and thrown out.

The vast majority of people I have come across in the thoroughbred racing industry are animal lovers first and foremost and those that aren't are being exposed more these days and thrown out.
That's been my experience with horse owners as well. If horse racing gets banned in Australia it won't be in our lifetime.

I never said you said...the normal thing is for politicians to talk s**t.
Whatever you want to label it, what they're attempting to do to Albo has absolutely no relevance to his competency or preparedness for govt.
They're just trying to make it out like that.

If it was as simple as asking questions about interest rates and unemployment rates to determine whether a politician was up to it or not then we should just line them all up and start asking these questions...any wrong answer and they're out....can you imagine what sort of politicians we would end up with then?

That vision of supposed journos carrying on like a pack of rabid dogs is disturbing on so many levels....most importantly it does not serve the public interest.
I saw a Liberal attack add including the footage of the NDIS 'gaffe'. Main takeaway was how feral the media pack are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media have been fine during the campaign. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
If you are a right wing, knuckdragging, flat earth moron it's been fine.

Everyday Australians I have come across who have voted for the Liberal Party in the past and consider themselves as swinging voters, have been really turned off by the extreme bias being shown by the Murdoch press. How do I know? I come in contact with many of these people (with my mask on) everyday, and even those of my colleagues who are Liberal voters have been shocked at the amount of blatant bias in the Murdoch rags. Then there are those we care for who I wouldn't know from a bar of soap comment on the bias.

This is only anecdotal of course but you'd have to be a real dip-stick not to see the bias.

A scathing critique of the PM here, but well written. NOT for Morrison fans. (link and sample below)

Web capture_9-5-2022_225126_sydneyreviewofbooks.com.jpeg

If you are a right wing, knuckdragging, flat earth moron it's been fine.

Everyday Australians I have come across who have voted for the Liberal Party in the past and consider themselves as swinging voters, have been really turned off by the extreme bias being shown by the Murdoch press. How do I know? I come in contact with many of these people (with my mask on) everyday, and even those of my colleagues who are Liberal voters have been shocked at the amount of blatant bias in the Murdoch rags. Then there are those we care for who I wouldn't know from a bar of soap comment on the bias.

This is only anecdotal of course but you'd have to be a real dip-stick not to see the bias.

Viable alternative?

The media have been fine during the campaign. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
I reject the premise of your one eyed bullshit.

Im quietly confident thay the rest of the country will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back