Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 11 - Swans v Tigers Fri May 27th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Play only stops once the umpire signals it. Siren is literally only there to signal to the umpire the end of the quarter/game.
Isn’t play over when the umpire hears the siren, not when he signals it as it takes a second or two for the signal?

That’s why they alwys consult on tight end of quarter calls as to whether they heard it.

Umpire must have thought Bolton heard it, as other players around stopped. A bit different to this one, he obviously didn't hear it.

Other players around the contest looked at the ump when the whistle went as well. They were aware.

Shouldn't be seen that way, and I'll explain why.

MRO has made a ruling thay ANY head contact is medium impact, not low. Refer to Pickett bump - Moore gets straight up and isn't concussed but it's graded as reckless, high contact and medium impact.

If the MRO has any integrity Buddy's smack will be graded intentional, high contact, medium impact. Simply can't do that crap anymore.

I’d agree if Lynch went a few weeks ago for the same thing

50 has to be paid. Same scenario could happen and you can kick it out of the stands to get your players time to get back on the goal line to defend a kick from max distance. (Imagine it was an open goal line) pay it he same way. Every. Time.
It’s harsh in this instance to pay it though. It’s clear as day he’s just overjoyed and elated at the result that he’s smashed his foot through the ball. It’d be extremely harsh to effectively overturn a result when it’s clear to everyone watching what occurred (bar the commentary and Tiges players)

If only the obvious buddy running through the mark or paddy mccartin just dragging in and sitting on the ball in front of goal was paid. You pay 60 frees and not those obvious ones in front of our goal. That is the game there. I don't think I have ever watched a sport that is regularly decided by umpiring.

Common sense argument is absolute bullshit. That is never used in games when it is too loud for players to hear, it’s still paid against. To ask the higher ups to make the call aswell is bullshit, too; it should set a precedent for every time a player kicks it away after a free kick for it to be given to the 3rd umpire to make the “common sense” call.
It's used all the time when a player kicks or handballs after a kick is paid, no one makes a big deal out of it then because usually the result isn't hanging on it.
If they pay it on every occasion you'll be back here whinging when it goes against you.
Reiwoldt should be reported for umpire dissent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rules state….

A 50 cannot be payed after the siren.
A similar situation happened earlier in the year to the pies and the ump was heard to say on the mic “I wish I could but the rules say I can’t!”

So as soon as the siren went….no 50 can be paid.

No point going at the umps.
How about we direct the vitriol to the AFL?!?

Why would you want to direct vitriol to the AFL about this?

If only the obvious buddy running through the mark or paddy mccartin just dragging in and sitting on the ball in front of goal was paid. You pay 60 frees and not those obvious ones in front of our goal. That is the game there. I don't think I have ever watched a sport that is regularly decided by umpiring.
Youre not serious? Richmond was getting away with holding and throwing the ball all night. Should have been 50+ FAs

Then there is the fact that he didn't give the ball back to the player who's free it was directly. Either way, it was 50m.
But the giving it back directly is to prevent delay of game I.e. stopping a team from moving the ball quickly.

Who was Prestia gonna pass to?

If it was 50, it was overturned for dissent, so who gives a s**t? Richmond obviously, and seemingly a few Bulldogs supporters I guess.

Great game of footy, and glad Buddy pulled a win out of his ass after we were shithouse in the first half.

Ladhams was BOG IMO. Fair case can be made for Buddy, but Ladhams was great for four quarters.

Last edited:
Back