Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He just looks broken, spiritually, mentally. And he looked incredibly sore. When you are feeling low internally, your body feels achy. He is really struggling,

If he comes to the conclusion the answer for him is to move to Sydney (which i personally think is NOT the answer to his issues), then we are going to be stuck. I think we will get ripped one way or another, be it at the trade table of having to wear his contract. Its going to be very hard to have a happy divorce with Dusty if he decides its in his best interest to move.

Personally, i think the idea of moving states, house after a trauma is NEVER the right move. It is running away from your problems, but when your issue ois mental health, its impossible to run away from yourself.

His best decision would be to retire, or step down for a season and walk away. If he chose to do that i would be happy to keep him on the list for a year like we did with Rance to save his spot. Trading him to NSW is going to be a lose/lose for both parties i think (RFC & Dusty)
I 100% agree with this
But that’s only assuming he really is struggling mentally & physically which he does appear to be.
And when you are struggling mentally everything is hard, body aches, harder to prepare for games and just life in general..
And the losses and failures as small and insignificant they might be hit a lot harder and takes toll

I reckon he just needs the support of his close mates, family and the club to get thru this tough period
Obviously we are all hoping the fire and mental drive for his footy rekindles but if it doesn’t then we thank him, and wish him all the best in whatever future he chooses

And yes we would get bent over hard if he does ask to be traded end of the season
Was talking with mates last night and they think a late first rounder/2nd rounder at absolute best and no club is taking his full contract on
So we would have to eat a lot of the $$ up

Last edited:
Found it odd last night that with 3 minutes to go you kept attacking instead of running down the clock, slowing play and holding on to possession.
Fortunate a few turn overs late due to rushed kicks didn't hurt in the end.
Thoughts, as you guys have been so good at controlling games under pressure for so long?
I was at the game and thought the same thing.. wtf we playing on and moving it so fast in the last few mins
Wind down the clock!!
And it was experienced players like shedda doing it
I was mind boggled

Found it odd last night that with 3 minutes to go you kept attacking instead of running down the clock, slowing play and holding on to possession.
Fortunate a few turn overs late due to rushed kicks didn't hurt in the end.
Thoughts, as you guys have been so good at controlling games under pressure for so long?
It's the Richmond way, constantly give a sniff to the opposition by making the most fundamental of errors just so they keep trying right up to the final siren.

We played so bad last night at times I thought we might be tanking. One of the reasons we got up was because Ross was not playing despite our mistakes
You'd prefer 15 touches from Ralphsmith and just skirting around the outside, butchering a good chunk of his touches, or Ross getting it 25 times, laying tackles, funnelling it out to better players, helping us win more clearances?

Yes we played bad but part of that was Ralphsmith, he butchered some good forward chains.

I'd prefer the harder body which would assist our other insiders.

He just looks broken, spiritually, mentally. And he looked incredibly sore. When you are feeling low internally, your body feels achy. He is really struggling,

If he comes to the conclusion the answer for him is to move to Sydney (which i personally think is NOT the answer to his issues), then we are going to be stuck. I think we will get ripped one way or another, be it at the trade table of having to wear his contract. Its going to be very hard to have a happy divorce with Dusty if he decides its in his best interest to move.

Personally, i think the idea of moving states, house after a trauma is NEVER the right move. It is running away from your problems, but when your issue ois mental health, its impossible to run away from yourself.

His best decision would be to retire, or step down for a season and walk away. If he chose to do that i would be happy to keep him on the list for a year like we did with Rance to save his spot. Trading him to NSW is going to be a lose/lose for both parties i think (RFC & Dusty)

Stick to the footy.
Your constant opinions on Dusty’s mental health are appalling. None of your business and you have NO idea what anyone is dealing with at a personal level.

You'd prefer 15 touches from Ralphsmith and just skirting around the outside, butchering a good chunk of his touches, or Ross getting it 25 times, laying tackles, funnelling it out to better players, helping us win more clearances?

Yes we played bad but part of that was Ralphsmith, he butchered some good forward chains.

Ralphsmith before Ross any day. Ralphsmith looks like he is still developing and growing, Ross may have peaked

Yes…but he wasn’t Robinson Cruscoe. Twice he led & was well clear of his marker and the kick fell short or flew miles over his head.

Haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else but what sort of a job did we do on Robbie Gray!!! Hardly sighted him…

Last edited:
Yes…but he wasn’t Robinson Cruscoe. Twice he lead & was well clear of his marker and the kick fell short or flew miles over his head.

Haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else but what sort of a job did we do on Robbie Gray!!! Hardly sighed him…

Gray is in departure lounge

Don’t think Ross has ever had 25 possies his ave is 15 and misses targets when making simple kicks and horrible decision making
At least Raplthsmith provides some drive and when he does turn it over its when he’s kicking into 50

If we want a cub in to help with clearances Dow is the one I would be bringing into the side
90712ED3-4915-4BE6-A55B-55755FBD5A70.png EDF7F69A-35F1-4608-91EB-410573B0E607.png

Absolutely shocking standard of football. Not sure what it looked like on TV, but live it was pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, Ralphsmith was putrid. Clearly not a wet weather / slippery type of player. There was a 2 min period that summed his game up for me, open on the wing kicks the ball into the forward line straight to a Port player all by himself, turn over ball going the other way, Ralphsmith runs in the protected zone gives away a 50 and goal. NFI

the day rance retired i happened to be walking round the back of punt rd and browne was there trying to do the news flash on it.

i say trying cos no joke i watched the campaigner duck it up 30 times in a row and this is in the first sentence.

he literally had about 25 seconds of dialogue [monologue?] to get through without a mistake and i walked off after half an hour and he still hadnt got it right.

i was looking at the crew in amazement and they were giving me wry grins like yep, this is the norm.

very strange unit.
billy madison today junior GIF

Disappointed you didn’t give him one of these but…

mad billy madison GIF

I 100% agree with this
But that’s only assuming he really is struggling mentally & physically which he does appear to be.
And when you are struggling mentally everything is hard, body aches, harder to prepare for games and just life in general..
And the losses and failures as small and insignificant they might be hit a lot harder and takes toll

I reckon he just needs the support of his close mates, family and the club to get thru this tough period
Obviously we are all hoping the fire and mental drive for his footy rekindles but if it doesn’t then we thank him, and wish him all the best in whatever future he chooses

And yes we would get bent over hard if he does ask to be traded end of the season
Was talking with mates last night and they think a late first rounder/2nd rounder at absolute best and no club is taking his full contract on
So we would have to eat a lot of the $$ up
we jsut all need to leave the goat alone here. Let the club do the best thing for him which they will, form here on every game is a bonus.

Got no issues with Dusty’s performances

Hes probably averaging 2 goals a game since his return

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just leave him in the forward line like lethal. The oppo s**t themselves any time he’s close to goal. Probably should have had more goals last night

Wait we won? I was following along in the game day thread and thought we'd lost by 4 goals.

A win is definitely nice but as you can all understand I am sad to hear about the immediate delisting of Soldo, Bolton, Riewoldt and Dusty.

Got no issues with Dusty’s performances

Hes probably averaging 2 goals a game since his return

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
IIRC, The power got a mini break with the first 2 goals, then Dusty won a centre clearance at the next bounce and went forward to score initiating a momentum swing for the remainder of the first 1/4.

I was at the game and thought the same thing.. wtf we playing on and moving it so fast in the last few mins
Wind down the clock!!
And it was experienced players like shedda doing it
I was mind boggled
Thought exactly the same.
They were racing ahead with three minutes to go.

It is not right to speculate with ambit claims on Dusty's mental health, or anyone else's, for that matter.
Speculation is a waste of time.
In terms of Shai, there were a couple of skill errors, we must allow for slippery conditions, many players fumbled on the night, kicks went astray.
Real feel temp would have been about 4 degrees, bitterly cold and damp.

Last edited:
we jsut all need to leave the goat alone here. Let the club do the best thing for him which they will, form here on every game is a bonus.
What u mean leave him alone here?

This is a forum where everything Richmond related is discussed. You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to that’s fine
It’s not going to have any affect on Dusty, I highly doubt he reads big footy

What the duck was nankervis doing in the ruck? Barely hit a mid in a Richmond jumper and didn’t think to smack it clear of the stoppage until the last quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Him and Soldo were woeful

Back