Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It most certainly can and will there’s zero point if our most promising prospects * off after 6 months, what’s the point of trying to build anything

The games about talent and we’ve barely got any and we are about to lose a big chunk of it in a unprecedented quick fashion

Nothing has happened yet.

Yes it will. Can’t get any worse :) !
Belt up because it will get worse before it gets better, going into next trading period as spooners with pick one and next pick in the 50s because of trading out our 2nd rounder and the 3rd round swap. Then another 12 months of the same because we still have jz and polly in contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly the point we need talent and he has us over a barrel as only two clubs are in the running we aren’t going to get requisite value to replace him with
If he is the type of person that wants to hold the club over a barrel, he was never the right person anyway.

We want people that want to be part of the club and buy into it, not someone that wants to run when things get a bit tough.

I’m not saying he is either, but if there is any truth that he has made up his mind after only 6 months that he doesn’t want to be here, then it’s in our best interests he does leave.

It takes character and commitment to be successful and anyone with the attitude of cutting and running when it gets a bit hard, suggests to me that they don’t have what it takes anyway. There’s a lot of truth to the saying when it gets tough, the tough get going.

Let’s hope the kid has that character and toughness in spades, sticks it out and wants to be a big part of creating a winning and successful culture.

Last edited:
If he is the type of person that wants to hold the club over a barrel, he was never the right person anyway.

We want people that want to be part of the club and buy into it, not someone that wants to run when things get a bit tough.

I’m not saying he is either, but if there is any truth that he has made up his mind after only 6 months that he doesn’t want to be here, then it’s in our best interests he does leave.

It takes character and commitment to be successful and anyone with the attitude of cutting and running when it gets a bit hard, suggests to me that they don’t have what it takes anyway. There’s a lot of truth to the saying when it gets tough, the tough get going.

Let’s hope the kid has that character and toughness in spades, sticks it out and wants to be a big part of creating a winning and successful culture.
The issue is we won’t get anything near value

Pretty sure plenty would like to utilise the time off in the bye week to spend some time with their partners, family & friends.
Pretty sure they are professional footballers playing the worst brand of football and longest streak of losing margins for the past 40 years. Throw in discipline issues with TT and JHF and a stack of players who just can't get on the park for various reasons (Polly, Bonar, WilPhil, Big Charlie) then two days away wouldn't hurt anyone. Oh i forgot to mention that we have a massive void in on-field leadership too.

However if they'd prefer to spend time with their family (when we have a bye weekend) then that's fine i guess. Another 20 years treading water mid to bottom of the ladder is incredibly appealing.

The club has a Fitzroy style stench to it at the moment
If we don’t start looking like we have any idea how to fix this mess, then more talent will leave

Pretty sure they are professional footballers playing the worst brand of football and longest streak of losing margins for the past 40 years. Throw in discipline issues with TT and JHF and a stack of players who just can't get on the park for various reasons (Polly, Bonar, WilPhil, Big Charlie) then two days away wouldn't hurt anyone. Oh i forgot to mention that we have a massive void in on-field leadership too.

However if they'd prefer to spend time with their family (when we have a bye weekend) then that's fine i guess. Another 20 years treading water mid to bottom of the ladder is incredibly appealing.
Pretty sure one additional night away with teammates is not going to solve all those problems…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back