List Mgmt. Todd Viney - New GM of Football - Welcome to North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

We are so incredibly lucky to have this man at our club. Todd has gone in to bat for our football club, it’s employees and its supporters on many occasions this year in circumstances a 10+ year GM might have once within that decade.

Day in, day out and on days off - this bloke shows up, is calm, measured and still displays a hard edge when the going is tough.

No matter what’s thrown at our club, we have some f***ing incredible humans steering the ship.

Give the man a payrise and keep him at all costs. He was due to move on end of 2025 but we need him longer than that.
Just pay the man what he asks North ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Clarko doesn't return, Todd will leave at the end of the year.

There will be no reason for him to hang around.

I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong.

What a range of strengths - smart and articulate yet plain talking and accessible, warm and open but with a very sure underlying "don't even think about trying anything" unspoken undertone.
Funnily enough, its a pretty similar set of strengths to Sonja.
Communicates very well to a wide cross-section of society.

If Clarko doesn't return, Todd will leave at the end of the year.

There will be no reason for him to hang around.

I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong.
A few things:

1. I think Clarko returns; that's the narrative. It also acknowledges the need for, and role of 'wellness' leave, which is, thankfully, becoming more normalised nowadays. I too have been through a dark period where a friend noted that all you can do, day to day, is put your face to the ground and wait. It might be a dark night of the soul, but the sun will rise, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. (I know I'm not alone here.) Plus, I think Clarko has got unfinished business with us, and with football. In fact, once he's through this patch, I can well imagine him wanting to 'stick it up' a few people and one club, in particular.

2. Even if Clarko didn't return, I think Viney would hang around from a sense of duty to ensure the club is where it needs to be, before he'd head off. Don't underestimate the leadership of Sonja (and Jen?) and the infectious Shinboner culture. While some of the circumstances he's had to deal with aren't great, I can imagine it being managed with grace if the support around you is solid, which it seems to be.

3. Remember when Clarko was appointed, some people suggested he might want his own choice of CEO, which was rightfully corrected as silly because you can't have a coach nominating a CEO... that's the Board's role. But, apparently you can pick your own immediate supervisor! ;) :D (NTTAWWT.)

A few things:

1. I think Clarko returns; that's the narrative. It also acknowledges the need for, and role of 'wellness' leave, which is, thankfully, becoming more normalised nowadays. I too have been through a dark period where a friend noted that all you can do, day to day, is put your face to the ground and wait. It might be a dark night of the soul, but the sun will rise, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. (I know I'm not alone here.) Plus, I think Clarko has got unfinished business with us, and with football. In fact, once he's through this patch, I can well imagine him wanting to 'stick it up' a few people and one club, in particular.

2. Even if Clarko didn't return, I think Viney would hang around from a sense of duty to ensure the club is where it needs to be, before he'd head off. Don't underestimate the leadership of Sonja (and Jen?) and the infectious Shinboner culture. While some of the circumstances he's had to deal with aren't great, I can imagine it being managed with grace if the support around you is solid, which it seems to be.

3. Remember when Clarko was appointed, some people suggested he might want his own choice of CEO, which was rightfully corrected as silly because you can't have a coach nominating a CEO... that's the Board's role. But, apparently you can pick your own immediate supervisor! ;) :D (NTTAWWT.)
Good to see you round Kimbo.

When Viney talked about being cursed and it turning and what happened at Melbourne I could hear it in his voice that he's staying till we get it together. Could be wishful thinking but just something about the way he mentioned the guys who stuck it thru (McDonald and Jones) and what it meant to them... I think he'd want to do that again because it obviously meant alot to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back