Club Focus North Melbourne 2022 - Logue, Tucker, Sheezel, Wardlaw, George, Harvey, Drury, Free, Howe, Turner

AFL Club Focus

What priority picks should North get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I doubt it matters tbh our stats speak for themselves 8 wins over 3 seasons, averaging less than 3 wins a year should easily get you pp

2 years prior to that we were 1 win off the spoon also
On those results, any decent club all the clubs key admin and football department positions would be let go immediately. Start with the no plan CEO.

Guys like De Goey would be a terrible fit for a rebuilding club. I wouldn't be wanting him to guide 18 yos on how to get the best out of themselves.

North would be much better off targeting a few guys rated 18-25 at stronger clubs and using late picks to grab them. Combine them with what could be 3 top 20 picks (with an end of first round priority pick) and keep plugging away.

Could end up something like:
IN: pick 1, pick 19, pick 20, Rhylee West, Ben Miller
OUT: Goldstein, and non best 25 players

Miller is a free agent but i get what you mean.

With all due respect, none of those three will get close to replacing goldy.
They may end up taking his position on the field though.
Ruckman of Goldy's class and longevity are very hard to find.

With all due respect, none of those three will get close to replacing goldy.
They may end up taking his position on the field though.
We'll never know unless they get the chance. With goldy there they aren't getting it.
Alot of young rucks around the league at the moment weren't rated until their senior counterpart left and they were given more opportunity.

What’s Tarryn Thomas value. Needs a change of scenery. Talented but extremely lazy footballer.

What’s Tarryn Thomas value. Needs a change of scenery. Talented but extremely lazy footballer.
Based on this year, third rounder. Maybe a second if a team thinks they can get him to bother trying. Just a lazy footballer you don't want anywhere near a developing list.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Richmond would be mad if they didn’t ask the question. Exactly what you need and his value is at a career low.

I agree I’d be keen to go after him and play him as a full time mid. Seems to have been shafted after having a career best year and found himself in the half forward flank graveyard shift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North will not consider trading Tarryn Thomas

Based on what? A family bereavement a few days ago?
Of course not.
Ignoring this week.

More the fact that he’s taken a massive step back across the whole season and was even dropped from north melbournes side.. at which point the footy GM said he needed to ‘win back the trust of team mates’

So if he asked to leave, would you hold him to his contract?

Of course not.
Ignoring this week.

More the fact that he’s taken a massive step back across the whole season and was even dropped from north melbournes side.. at which point the footy GM said he needed to ‘win back the trust of team mates’

So if he asked to leave, would you hold him to his contract?
The only way I'd be worried is if there was a Tassie team coming in next year. He's not going to ask to leave as Noble won't be coaching next season.

Think a pp has to be on the cards now. The margin of losses is unprecedented. Maybe if they sack the coach they can get a little sugar hit with a new coach.

At bare minimum i think they should get the first pick of round 2 (basically CJJ for free) and a state league package.

More fair would be a mid first round.

Think a pp has to be on the cards now. The margin of losses is unprecedented. Maybe if they sack the coach they can get a little sugar hit with a new coach.

At bare minimum i think they should get the first pick of round 2 (basically CJJ for free) and a state league package.

More fair would be a mid first round.
1656281495699.png

WCE now jumped ahead of North on the ladder.

Being the Wooden Spooner makes it easier for the AFL to donate some Priority pick assistance
A 1 win season and you can lock in assistance. I would be shocked if we got a 2nd win - only ess who can put in a mare of a performance is a small chance.

A 1 win season and you can lock in assistance. I would be shocked if we got a 2nd win - only ess who can put in a mare of a performance is a small chance.
If you beat us we better get a bloody pp

You already did - Andy McGrath.

But you will need 3 years of crap footy - you're in year 1.
Technically we are in year 18, your favourite thread even has the number of days in it!

Back