MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart - Result 4 week match suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Things have changed regarding concussion with all the new evidence and the AFL/Brad Scott/Geelong are delaying serious changes to help Stewart.
It was time to set a precedent but they failed to.
If I hear one more time that Stewart is a top bloke I'll spew up.
The truth is he is a dirty sniper who knocked out a little bloke off the ball.
How many weeks did you want??

The penalty may or may not be wrong here(I personally think it is the minimum acceptable but a match or two light on a fair outcome) but the process is a corruption inviting shambles.

The AFL have:

- used Brad Scott’s careless conduct grading to form the basis of their position at the Tribunal. Brad Scott as the twin brother of GFC coach Chris Scott has a clear conflict of interest

- not explored beyond B Scott’s desk the very arguable grading of intentional conduct.

The hearing should have been about intentional v careless and all the arguments should have been around that. If those arguments fell in favour of careless then fair enough, 4 weeks. But if they fell the other way, 5, 6 or more was well in play.

A system where the prosecutor argues for the minimum feasible punishment is not right. This flaw is not specific to this case. But this case highlights that it needs fixing.
Reading this makes me wonder just what the percentage of Richmond supporters are Q believers

Things have changed regarding concussion with all the new evidence and the AFL/Brad Scott/Geelong are delaying serious changes to help Stewart.

4 weeks is a huge amount of games missed. What did you want them to give them? One instance doesn’t make Stewart less of a genuinely clean and good player. He has shown the upmost remorse too. 4 weeks is pretty much what size expected.

Seems like a top bloke

Yep, totally irrelevant. I don't care if he's a top bloke. It was a thug act. Call it a brain snap , call it what you want but there's no way he thought he was only missing 4 games for that (s)hit. And yeah, concussion is meant to be so important, players can't return to the field and miss the next week if they suffer it, but then when someone inflicts it we give a bloke 4 weeks for knocking someone out?

4 weeks is a huge amount of games missed. What did you want them to give them? One instance doesn’t make Stewart less of a genuinely clean and good player. He has shown the upmost remorse too. 4 weeks is pretty much what size expected.
You are a bit behind the times mate. Concussion causes brain trauma and depression.
Look at Danny Frawley and learn from that.

Cue Geelong fans telling all and sundry how they’re the most suspended side in the last 10 years. Of course you ******* are when you knock-out opponents and make contact with umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a bit behind the times mate. Concussion causes brain trauma and depression.
Look at Danny Frawley and learn from that.

Where did I say otherwise? He deserves a suspension and he got one. Don’t know what you want. I assume you treated Houli the same way as this…

Cue Geelong fans telling all and sundry how they’re the most suspended side in the last 10 years. Of course you ******* are when you knock-out opponents and make contact with umpires.
Don't mind if I do. But-but-but Hocking!

MOST MATCHES MISSED THROUGH SUSPENSION SINCE 2010

62 Geelong
57 Richmond
56 Hawthorn
53 West Coast
52 St Kilda
51 Essendon
50 Melbourne
46 Fremantle
43 North Melbourne
40 Brisbane, Port Adelaide
36 Carlton
35 Gold Coast
29 Greater Western Sydney
28 Collingwood
26 Western Bulldogs
22 Adelaide
18 Sydney

Can't you play well if you are upset?
TBH I doubt the bloke you are quoting has played with anything apart from his own Johnson in his whole life let alone a contact sport.

Another missed opportunity to make a statement on coward acts behind the ball.

The good guy defence is nauseating and you see it wheeled out at community level too which is garbage.

At community level that stuff should have you out for the rest of the season, at AFL level it should be minimum 8 weeks. Just over a third of your season gone, no exceptions

Top blokes don't snipe opposition players out of the game with deliberate dog acts
I've always thought Houli was a top bloke though, seems like he genuinely cares for the community. Never thought I'd meet a Richmond supporter who disagrees!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back