Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 2 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Many years ago, one of the ladies at work used glad wrap to her advantage. One of the guys in the office (Dave) was like a washing machine on legs when he ate, and this lady came prepared to a section lunch one day. The human garbage disposal sat opposite her, so she covered her food with glad wrap, to protect it from potential projectiles.

Dave really was incredible. He used to love KFC (let's be honest - who doesn't?), but his method of eating it had to be seen to be believed. At one point, he was choking on a bone, while trying to force even more chicken down his gullet. I jokingly told people that I shook his keyboard one day, and a 3 course meal fell out :).
Who wastes KFC by eating that fast?

We don't already?
rat-fight-rats.gif

One slight blemish in my career is that I’ve only won one Fred Medal, called the Alf Andrews Medal in its time.

I won it while at the Dragons all the way back in Season 11.

If very much love to win a 2nd 23 seasons later. It’d really reinforce my longevity and dominance. And it’d be an honour to win it with the Swamprats.

A 2nd Fred, a 2nd premiership and 1000 goals by the end of season 35 and I can finally drift off into the sunset as an immortal.
spongebob-blah.gif

Does okeydoke7 still play for the Rats? I hear that he's as washed up as Renée Zellweger's acting career.
The idea that I’m ‘washed up’ is a bit washed up itself I reckon. I averaged around 30 posts per game last season and ruffled plenty of feathers. For every post I contributed there’s be another 6-8 posts tagging me or replying. I became the topic of conversation quite easily. A target. Which is great!

Case in point, you’ve gone out of your way to reference me looking for a reaction, which you’ll get, because I love it. But by definition that means I’m not washed up or irrelevant or whatever people want to call me.

And for all the disrespect, 99% of which is faked in the name of banter because people know I can take it and know it is there to go against my egotistical persona, I just played my 350th game and kicked my 900th goal in round 1.

Washed up? No. I’m in my prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The idea that I’m ‘washed up’ is a bit washed up itself I reckon. I averaged around 30 posts per game last season and ruffled plenty of feathers. For every post I contributed there’s be another 6-8 posts tagging me or replying. I became the topic of conversation quite easily. A target. Which is great!

Case in point, you’ve gone out of your way to reference me looking for a reaction, which you’ll get, because I love it. But by definition that means I’m not washed up or irrelevant or whatever people want to call me.

And for all the disrespect, 99% of which is faked in the name of banter because people know I can take it and know it is there to go against my egotistical persona, I just played my 350th game and kicked my 900th goal in round 1.

George R.R. Martin should get in touch with you.

Wizard Of Oz Rain GIF by EricaLYNN

Wish I could argue. In the same way any LeBron James team is "Him feat. Whatever team he's basically taken over".
I assume it's like this (hate to use the Daily mail btw) but with a vastly inferior player

Many years ago, one of the ladies at work used glad wrap to her advantage. One of the guys in the office (Dave) was like a washing machine on legs when he ate, and this lady came prepared to a section lunch one day. The human garbage disposal sat opposite her, so she covered her food with glad wrap, to protect it from potential projectiles.

Dave really was incredible. He used to love KFC (let's be honest - who doesn't?), but his method of eating it had to be seen to be believed. At one point, he was choking on a bone, while trying to force even more chicken down his gullet. I jokingly told people that I shook his keyboard one day, and a 3 course meal fell out :).

I can't stand it when people chew with their mouth open and even worse if they have a chew that turns the food around and around like a washing machine.

It's worse than finger nails on a chalk board for me.

I can't stand it when people chew with their mouth open and even worse if they have a chew that turns the food around and around like a washing machine.

It's worse than finger nails on a chalk board for me.

Good god what paddocks have you dined in?

Tell them they don’t have to eat it all at once, there’s plenty of Tupperware to save some for later.

Unpopular opinion week 2:

The Simpsons is an overated TV show.
At one time, Simpsons was one of the greatest things on TV. At some point (season 10? I don't remember) the decline was clear.

The degeneration and pandering evident later in Apu's elimination became complete with Diz-Neez takeover of the entire franchise plus.

I must be getting old. Now, I can't tell when philreich is making a real point, or a dad joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back