Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since the latest camp stuff we’ve been cast as the heels of the AFL. Ruined Kennedy’s farewell, ruined Cunnington’s comeback and “stealing” poor Rankine away from the mighty Suns. Let’s hope we can fully embrace the role and send Robbie out with a demoralising Showdown loss… icing on the cake.

I don't think the context makes the actions better at all
Of course it does, he was pissed off because he gave away a 50 for dissent after being pushed into the ground. He wasn't pissed off with Rutten. He was pissed off and didn't want to be consoled.

The way they portrayed it was he did it during a flogging and was ignoring instructions from his coach.

Ever since the latest camp stuff we’ve been cast as the heels of the AFL. Ruined Kennedy’s farewell, ruined Cunnington’s comeback and “stealing” poor Rankine away from the mighty Suns. Let’s hope we can fully embrace the role and send Robbie out with a demoralising Showdown loss… icing on the cake.
Then steal JHF

I don't think the context makes the actions better at all
Thats what I thought..

So what he gave away a stupid 50…

He still did a pathetic act in first tryimg to sit away from his coach and then following it up by bizarrely blatantly ignoring him..

Not sure how the extra context changes that.. in fact it probably makes it worse.. now he’s basically brushed his coach, and been a flog, over a very minor thing (giving away a 50) that was of his own doing!..

Of course it does, he was pissed off because he gave away a 50 for dissent after being pushed into the ground. He wasn't pissed off with Rutten. He was pissed off and didn't want to be consoled.

The way they portrayed it was he did it during a flogging and was ignoring instructions from his coach.

So when you're pissed off with something you just don't even acknowledge the coach at all, even as he's directly speaking to you?

I don't think there's any excuse regardless of the circumstances. You act like that towards your boss it doesn't matter. No respect.

Man I hope clarkson ends up at essendon. To stick it up roos fans. They've been so cocky recently. Saying JHF will do whatever he says.

So when you're pissed off with something you just don't even acknowledge the coach at all, even as he's directly speaking to you?
I think in the heat of moment that there are times when you are so pissed off that you just want to be left alone. Again he wasn't angry with the coach, he wasn't ignoring him as they were getting flogged. The media provided no context behind it and sensationalised it. I'm not sure how anyone can't see that.

Why though.. pathetic umpiring or not.. he gave up a 50..

How is that Ruttens fault?..

How does that justify him throwing his bum in the corner and very rudely treating his coach who was more than likely only wanting to give him a bit of support if anything.

It was the act of an immature child.

See above, it’s old footage after he gave away a 50 metre he was pissed about. Dodgy by the media

A show that involves Caro, Manure, Jane and Portchy making s**t up? Never!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A show that involves Caro, Manure, Jane and Portchy making s**t up? Never!
Yeah, explains why I never watch the show... only clips when posted here.

Why though.. pathetic umpiring or not.. he gave up a 50..

How is that Ruttens fault?..

How does that justify him throwing his bum in the corner and very rudely treating his coach who was more than likely only wanting to give him a bit of support if anything.

It was the act of an immature child.
That’s what happens sometimes in the heat of the moment. The media - as always - tries to make it into something more than it actually is.

With Carlton potentially missing Finals yet again, you have to wonder if they should have made a bid for Clarko.

I know Voss is only in his first year, but the Blues look again like the same team that has missed finals for years and years.
They are sure to be considering it, esp now Essendon are on the scene

I was trying to share the video from the Showdown where Robbie Gray was a grub and deliberately ducked his head into Luke Brown as he ran past to get a 50 metre penalty, but it seems as though it's been edited out of the footage.

The footage just shows Gray marking the ball and then it just magically jumps to him being right in front of goal.

How's this from Cal Twomey ...

"But the remaining holes on Essendon's list are obvious in their trade and free agency targets this year: a bigger-bodied midfielder (Angus Brayshaw), a small forward (Izak Rankine), a key forward (Ben King) and a key back (Alex Pearce). "

How's this from Cal Twomey ...

"But the remaining holes on Essendon's list are obvious in their trade and free agency targets this year: a bigger-bodied midfielder (Angus Brayshaw), a small forward (Izak Rankine), a key forward (Ben King) and a key back (Alex Pearce). "

Is that all they’re after?

What's with the looking for any chair except the one next to Rutten though?

What's with the looking for any chair except the one next to Rutten though?
Possibly because he knew Rutten was going to talk to him about it and he didn’t want to.

Look it’s obviously not great to shun your coach but it needs to be taken into context, it wasn’t during Sundays debacle. If he had done that when they were getting flogged then if I was Truck I would have hit him. The media usage the footage to build a story but didn’t provide any context. Rutten looks like a chump accepting that in the wake of a bad loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back