Unofficial Preview Hawthorn Board 2022 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another year of boring old footy done and dusted for us, it's time to get into the real meat and 'taters of the AFL world, the draft. This year is going to be very interesting at the top end, with a myriad of options for each team in the first round and plenty of trades still to come. However, in the interest of getting organized early, this thread will be up for people to nominate which team they would like to pick for. Right now we'll aim for starting on Thursday the 17th of November, two weeks prior to the draft. We won't catch all the trades, but we aren't going to be accurate anyway and hopefully get things done before the draft starts. The rules are simple:

- One team per member.

- You have one hour to pick your player between 10 am and 6 pm. Picking will continue in the hours outside of this range, but no one will be moved on too quickly.

- If you do not pick in the required time frame, I get to pick for you. I will be relatively fair, if not under-researched.

- If you know you may be away, you can send in a "preference order" for each pick. I'll keep this on a (private) spreadsheet and let that auto-pick for you.

- Father-son and Academy player bids will be matched, but if you are bidding on them please add in a second preference to get this moving quickly. I doubt anyone won't match a bid, so be prepared for that scenario. I'll do the bid calcs.

- Trades are allowed, but no future picks unless it's reasonable. For now, send in requests to me and I'll asses if they're appropriate. I feel with all the bids coming to this draft teams like Brisbane and Essendon will look to build up points, but I won't be letting you trade future firsts just to get into the 3rd round this year.

- Not a rule, but lurk around some team draft boards to see who they're interested in. No need to post or ask directly, but the boards will have a decently alright idea of team needs if nothing else.

TEAMS:

Adelaide - Titch3Votes0MooreAA
Brisbane - Sirlemsip
Carlton - chopflop
Collingwood - Hawker399
Essendon - Blackhawk42
Fremantle -Gollum
Geelong - theiaofseed
Gold Coast - Dominic03
GWS - BIGHAWK23
Hawthorn - TDS7
Melbourne - I got the outside word
North Melbourne - RIOLINWITPUNCHS
Port Adelaide - SSSSSS
Richmond - Rioli2Rioli
St. Kilda - Bardo State
Sydney - Judd2Sewell
West Coast - bigconornash
Western Bulldogs - BurnaHawks

This isn't a hard-and-fast ruleset either, if you have a suggestion feel free to throw it in and I'll consider it.

Last edited:
Round 1
Pick 1 - GWS - Aaron Cadman
Pick 2 - Brisbane - Will Ashcroft
Pick 3 - North Melbourne - Harry Sheezel
Pick 4 - North Melbourne - George Wardlaw
Pick 5 - Essendon - Mattaes Phillipou
Pick 6 - Gold Coast Suns - Rueban Ginbey
Pick 7 - Hawthorn - Elijah Tsatas
Pick 8 - Geelong - Jhye Clark
Pick 9 - West Coast Eagles - Bailey Humphrey
Pick 10 - St Kilda - Cam Mackenzie
Pick 11 - Carlton - Josh Weddle
Pick 12 - Western Bulldogs - Jedd Busslinger
Pick 13 - West Coast Eagles - Darcy Jones
Pick 14 - Melbourne - Isaac Keeler
Pick 15 - Sydney - Harry Barnett
Pick 16 - GWS - Matt Jefferson
Pick 17 - Collingwood - Lewis Hayes
Pick 18 - Sydney - Ollie Hollands
Pick 19 - GWS - Ollie Hotton

Last edited:
Round 2
Pick 20 - GWS - Lachlan Cowan
Pick 21 - West Coast Eagles - Elijah Hewett
Pick 22 - Western Bulldogs - Jacob Konstanty
Pick 23 - Essendon - Brayden George
Pick 24 - North Melbourne -
Pick 25 - Hawthorn -
Pick 26 - Collingwood -
Pick 27 - West Coast Eagles -
Pick 28 - Adelaide -
Pick 29 - Collingwood -
Pick 30 - St Kilda -
Pick 31 - Carlton -
Pick 32 - Fremantle -
Pick 33 - GWS -
Pick 34 - St Kilda -
Pick 35 - Port Adelaide -
Pick 36 - Melbourne

Last edited:

Round 3
Pick 37 - Western Bulldogs -
Pick 38 - North Melbourne -
Pick 39 - Hawthorn -
Pick 40 - Sydney -
Pick 41 - North Melbourne -
Pick 42 - Fremantle -
Pick 43 - Gold Coast Suns -
Pick 44 - St Kilda -
Pick 45 - Carlton -
Pick 46 - Collingwood -
Pick 47 - Hawthorn -
Pick 48 - Richmond -
Pick 49 - GWS -
Pick 50 - Geelong -

Last edited:
Round 4
Pick 51 - Adelaide -
Pick 52 - Port Adelaide -
Pick 53 - Giants -
Pick 54 - Richmond -
Pick 55 - Geelong -
Pick 56 - Carlton -
Pick 57 - Fremantle -
Pick 58 - Essendon -
Pick 59 - Western Bulldogs -
Pick 60 - North Melbourne -
Pick 61 - Gold Coast -
Pick 62 - Essendon -
Pick 63 - Essendon -
Pick 64 - Gold Coast -
Pick 65 - Sydney -
Pick 66 - Fremantle -

Last edited:
Another year of boring old footy done and dusted for us, it's time to get into the real meat and 'taters of the AFL world, the draft. This year is going to be very interesting at the top end, with a myriad of options for each team in the first round and plenty of trades still to come. However, in the interest of getting organized early, this thread will be up for people to nominate which team they would like to pick for. Right now we'll aim for starting on Thursday the 17th of November, two weeks prior to the draft. We won't catch all the trades, but we aren't going to be accurate anyway and hopefully get things done before the draft starts. The rules are simple:

- One team per member.

- You have one hour to pick your player between 10 am and 6 pm. Picking will continue in the hours outside of this range, but no one will be moved on too quickly.

- If you do not pick in the required time frame, I get to pick for you. I will be relatively fair, if not under-researched.

- If you know you may be away, you can send in a "preference order" for each pick. I'll keep this on a (private) spreadsheet and let that auto-pick for you.

- Father-son and Academy player bids will be matched, but if you are bidding on them please add in a second preference to get this moving quickly. I doubt anyone won't match a bid, so be prepared for that scenario. I'll do the bid calcs.

- Trades are allowed, but no future picks unless it's reasonable. For now, send in requests to me and I'll asses if they're appropriate. I feel with all the bids coming to this draft teams like Brisbane and Essendon will look to build up points, but I won't be letting you trade future firsts just to get into the 3rd round this year.

- Not a rule, but lurk around some team draft boards to see who they're interested in. No need to post or ask directly, but the boards will have a decently alright idea of team needs if nothing else.

TEAMS:

Adelaide -
Brisbane -
Carlton -
Collingwood -
Essendon -
Fremantle -
Geelong -
Gold Coast -
GWS -
Hawthorn - TDS7
Melbourne -
North Melbourne -
Port Adelaide -
Richmond -
St. Kilda -
Sydney -
West Coast -
Western Bulldogs -

This isn't a hard-and-fast ruleset either, if you have a suggestion feel free to throw it in and I'll consider it.
Consider me for Collingwood.

- One team per member.

TEAMS:

Adelaide -
Brisbane -
Carlton -
Collingwood - Hawker399
Essendon -
Fremantle -
Geelong -
Gold Coast -
GWS -
Hawthorn - TDS7
Melbourne -
North Melbourne -
Port Adelaide -
Richmond -
St. Kilda -
Sydney -
West Coast -
Western Bulldogs -

I can be Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take Brisbane... I can even do it right now for you:
  • Match bid for Ashcroft (F/S)
  • Match bid for Fletcher (F/S)
  • 5th round pick: Upgrade Rhys Matheson to Senior list
  • Rookie 1st round: Preston Johnson

Done

inb4 West Coast bid on Fletcher with pick 3.
bigconornash you know you want to do it.
As long as people are being reasonable with Fletcher bids, things might get a little funky. I get the feeling he'll end up more like Finn (mid/late 2nd round) than bolt into the 1st round, but we'll see what the combine testing shows.

Will be interesting to see what picks Brisbane take into the night that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back