Review Cats defeat Lions by 71 points to make 2022 GRAND FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Still hoping…. But Selwood did say post game that he gave him a hug and was really sad.

Coming out now that Max has been dealing with back related hamstring issues… so question is whether this is a tear or not. If a tear no hope. If not then be interesting to know whether they risk it. Sad reality is that they have some pretty deserving players as emergency too so they will put club first
IIRC Scott said he’s had a nerve related issue with that hamstring 🤞🏻 🤞🏻 🤞🏻

All the Miers doubters put your hands up and your heads down. He was awesome tonight, his running across the ground is elite. The impact he has with his possessions on scoring or forward movement is so impactful for the team.
His banana goal was magnificent 😻

I'm not at all 100% certain of this, but from a little experience of icing injuries I believe ice basically assist short terms inflammation, but may delay full recovery from a very minor injury. If you're out 4 weeks no matter what, ice it. If you may be available the next week, don't ice it.

So I think the lack of ice indicates it isn't a terrible injury, there is a chance he could play next week, and its better to keep the tight muscle loose (ice would tighten it up) to try have it right for next week, as opposed to icing it which would basically rule him out from playing next week regardless.

I think if it was round 14, it would have been iced.

Icing a slight hamstring isn't going to make a difference to long term prognosis, so err on the side of may be available next week and not ice it.

Happy to be corrected, I'm not a physio or in the medical field at all.
“Largely neural hamstring pain is a quicker recovery and requires a different management manual therapy and exercise rehabilitation.”
Hamstring - Tear or Neural - Physio Pro

I am conflicted with Holmes, professionally (working as a physio) I know that you can pick the difference between neural and muscle pretty accurately as there are quite a few tests to bias which one it is, but I have never had one of my footballers pull up like he did from a neural hamstring. Praying for a good outcome for the kid but I somehow doubt it.

No doubt we're into the GF because;

• of the F/S rule
  • of our Home Ground advantage
  • of the change in the rules brought about by Steve Hocking
  • Dion Prestia was taken out by Tom Stewart
  • we're the umpire's pets
  • we're breaching the salary cap
  • Joel Selwood ducks
  • cats have 9 lives...

Tonight, let us bathe in all the opposition's salty tears because we made the GF...

...and tomorrow let's focus in on the task at hand and take this damn thing home!!!

Well. Done. Geelong.
I did spot a thread on the main board that said our strength was Lance Armstrong-esque.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holmes was so good in the first half last night. If he can’t get up this week it will be a blow to our gameplan.
Could be a big moment for Smith to go back to the wing and have a big game. He hasn’t had as much influence on games this year, but he could have more of an impact if he played on ball instead of forward.
I hope Parfitt is the one who comes in he’ll had to our midfield plus he really deserves a shot.

Not sure where my post went, so I'll type it again.

Only saw saw parts of the game amid other emergencies last night..

But, I did see one passage of play ending in that Hawkins goal in the 2nd that has me convinced we have some tricks in our trick bag..

A kick out of d50 straight to a 2 v 1 against right in the centre of the ground.

Goes against every playbook that was ever written right?

No. We simply back ourselves to defend it if it does come straight back in.

But instead, we get a look at it and then move in a wave with elite runners scything through their defence straight through the middle.

F me. That was sheer brilliance!!

No player would ever risk that, if there was even 1 iota of a chance they could play. He was walking around and no noticeable limp. We'll find out Monday, but, I don't think we can write him off on the basis of what the vision has shown and what Scott himself has said.
Look at Marty Egan for a extreme example

Players will never give up untill they are told they can’t play …poor ****ing Egan

Merciless victory.
Good luck next week no matter who your boys play, That was a dominant display.
Brisbane will need counselling.
Good luck for tonight hopefully no injuries for you or Sydney tonight

You’d think after tonight there will be some external questioning about Fagan as that’s another Prem thrashing they have received in recent years

I’m not a medical/conditioning expert, but if there was a mild/moderate concern about Holmes’s hamstring, why the hell wouldn’t they put some ice on it? Even though they won’t know the severity of the injury until scans come back, surely you’d just chuck some ice on it - there’s no harm in erring on the side of caution…?

Logically, having no ice on it either means:

a) it’s absolutely fine and medical staff are 100% confident he’ll play next week

OR b) medical staff have written him off and he’s no chance of playing so they didn’t bother with the ice

In Scott’s presser he said they’re optimistic that he’ll play, so can we rule out possibility b) and therefore assume that a) is correct?
Scans will reveal everything but aparently this has happened before for Holmes and he was fine so there’s that glimmer of hope

Plus his attitude was fanatasric for the club after the game despite his own problems

Love the kid

Scans will reveal everything but aparently this has happened before for Holmes and he was fine so there’s that glimmer of hope

Plus his attitude was fanatasric for the club after the game despite his own problems

Love the kid

Special player. Would be so disappointing for him to miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back