Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Me either, but at least we are now in the game……we might well be beaten……but having a go. We have the tools to win. Money and capacity to play Bowes where he wants to play and we could have Pick 7, something that our rebuild needs and quickens it.

Tops if we did win the race BIG IF do you think we would go to the draft with two picks to get two top kids or do you think we would try for pick 2 and only get one kid do we want one of the top 2 kids that much.

Sam seen meeting with Hird today. Surely not??!!!
Keep Away Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Tops if we did win the race BIG IF do you think we would go to the draft with two picks to get two top kids or do you think we would try for pick 2 and only get one kid do we want one of the top 2 kids that much.

I have a feeling IF it happened that pick 24 would go back to the Suns in the deal.

In that case we use pick 6 and 7 every day of the week.

Seems like we're still open to Bowes

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’m trying not to get my hopes up or read too much into this - but for MM to openly say these words seems to me that we’re in with a very real chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trying not to get my hopes up or read too much into this - but for MM to openly say these words seems to me that we’re in with a very real chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To me it just makes the most sense for Bowes to come to Hawthorn over the other clubs…

We easily can absorb the contract but more than any other club give him the opportunity for midfield time…
I think he genuinely struggles for a spot at Geelong and Essendon…both clubs have 6-8 mids ahead of him no matter how well he plays…

If his preseason form is good enough- he walks straight in the midfield here… He needs a club where he will have the opportunity to prolong his career rather than be the steak knives with pick 7 that never really had an opportunity and flames out once the big contract is up…

I have no idea what we would do. If we got two first rounders, 7 and say 16, I would expect we will trade up to get Sheezel, keeping Pick 6. That is because we have spoken to Sheezel and his team a number of times.

I have moved on the subject many times but the additional 16 AND 7 gives us greater flexibility and I think we will exploit it.

All that said, if it was not for the commitment to Sheezel, personally I would not make the trade and keep three first rounders and garner wider talent that I think we need.

Knowing this strategy was in play, I was scratching my head as to why we weren’t being more overtly aggressive. Anyway, it now appears we are. It is most reassuring. We are at least in the game……may not win Bowes over, but at least we are having a go…..we certainly have the money to satisfy both Bowes and GC.

Any way, let’s get to that problem. It will be nice to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back