Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
From the sun, giants have approached us no indication from either the club or Jaegar if he wants to make the move

PR machine warming up. Allows the club to tell members and supporters that we wanted to keep JOM, but he was keen on the move and the offer was good enough for Hawthorn to take (or along those lines).

Do you have to be in a leadership group to actually be a leader ?

Certainly suggests a bit, yes.

I'm not against trading both Tom and O'Meara, but you can't spin Frost, Harry, Chad, Scrimshaw and Impey and say we'll be fine for leaders.

Sicily, Dimma and Moore are young emerging leaders. Bruesty brings experience.

It's aggressive, so I'd rather us be bold. Buy there's absolutely risk to it, given how much leadership we will be giving up in one season.

Absolutely be big picture in 2023 if it happens. It will be bumpy.

Last edited:
I reckon North have done really well getting picks 2 and 3. If GWS take Cadman as is being reported, there's every chance North are taking the two players they rated 1 and 2.
They'll get Tsatas and Wardlaw. It's golden.

I reckon North have done really well getting picks 2 and 3. If GWS take Cadman as is being reported, there's every chance North are taking the two players they rated 1 and 2.

Larkey and Zuhaar are going to end their careers prematurely if North Melbourne don't find someone to play as a second key forward. Cadman would have been ideal for them, even accounting for the typically longer time it takes for key position players to mature. They gave away a player they rated the best in the draft less than 12 months ago for a downgrade in picks and a 2023 first round pick plus some kitchen knives. I'd be ropeable if I were a North Melbourne supporter with Brady Rawlings. He's been bent over.

In 2004 we had 5 picks inside the top 26.
In 2005 we had 5 picks inside the top 22.
As we know with drafting, not every pick is going to make it, but the more picks you have inside the first two rounds the higher the likelihood of landing some gems. If it means we need to go backwards next year to move forwards, I'm all in on this rebuild!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larkey and Zuhaar are going to end their careers prematurely if North Melbourne don't find someone to play as a second key forward. Cadman would have been ideal for them, even accounting for the typically longer time it takes for key position players to mature. They gave away a player they rated the best in the draft less than 12 months ago for a downgrade in picks and a 2023 first round pick plus some kitchen knives. I'd be ropeable if I were a North Melbourne supporter with Brady Rawlings. He's been bent over.
I don't agree. Everything I have read all year has Cadman outside of the top 3-4 mids (Ashcroft, Tsatas, Wardlaw, Sheezel). Seems a reach for a tall. Paddy McCartin over Petracca areas.

Losing eight players with 100 games experience will hurt and this will set us back slightly. On the bright side though, if there’s ever a time to have a top 4 draft pick, 2023 would be the year to do it.

Another reason to try to keep our 1st,2nd,3rd picks next year unless we can turn them into another future 1st as we could have our best hand since the last super draft in 2001 when we had 1,16,20,32,36

We’ve had not luck with ex GWS players in the past. If he’s traded, here’s hoping O’Halloran can buck the trend.
Let’s hope so. His stats are not great but he was a Vic metro captain and profile says a combination of speed and endurance and ability to play mid and forward, so fits the bill in that regard.

Would prefer to get O’halloran as part of a package rather than paying a premium pick for Bruhn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back