Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the talent pathway down in geelong is pretty strong, even if they bottom out they will find a few plus trades and free agency and obscene land deals will always help
They are a well run club but they aren't infallible. They have had a golden generation topped up with free agency and done it really well, short of saluting...

But of the 14 29+ players I listed all are best 22. s**t I'd go so far to say they are their best 14 players. No talent pathway is going to replace that.

On the talent pathways, who from that list I provided are products of this superior setup? Sdk is the only bonafide star in the making.

They will bottom out hard.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Jack was a Hawthorn nuffie growing up.

Chances are if he was to come to Hawthorn and Sam said “jump” he’d ask “how high”.
Hes the sort of character who would have been a hard core fan too. The sort of character who would leave Victoria's biggest club in a wide window to move to his childhood team? Possibly..

I hope so, his goal sense is extraordinary, he would be a wonderful get for hawthorn.

Rohan, 2E, Selwood, Hawkins, Guthrie, Duncan, Smith, Stanley, Danger and Blitz are all 30+, are all best 22 and will all be gone in a year or 2. Stewart, Bews and Cameron are also best 22 and will be 30 next year. Higgins and Dahl already cooked.

Leading their team after these plays leave will be Henry, Parfitt, Close, Atkins, SDK, Holmes and Stengle. Not all that inspiring and definitely no match winners in that list

Bruhn will help but if they end up giving over a 1st round pick he won't help all that much.

They're pretty *ed in a year or two.

The worm will turn
Not to be Debbie Downer but this sort of post has been written on our board many many times since the early 2010s and in that time they’ve made 10 prelims. If they pick up Henry and Bruhn and continue to draft well and uncover gems like Stengel then I don’t see why they won’t continue to play good footy. They have a system that works despite the lack of flags, have been bloody lucky (Kelly, Danger, JC), and are able to offer a pretty good lifestyle and the dodgy land deals.

I’m as hopeful as anyone that the cliff comes, and still think they’re a strong chance to choke the flag this year, however, hats off to Wells and the rest of their list management. As the cliff approaches, they’ve been able to find ways to avoid it more than a few times now.

The only way to pry Ginnivan away from the Pies is a ridiculous contract offer e.g TT to the Tigers.
If he's willing, then it wouldn't even need to be that ridiculous. Until Pies can offload Grundy they'll be limited in the type of contract they can match.

Is this really true, or wishful thinking

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

If we are on the lookout for a cheap forward/second ruck. What about Joel Amartey? He’s got good speed and athleticism. I think he kicked over 30 goals in the VFL this year for Sydney. He’s been in the league for 5 years but has had very limited opportunities

Ginnivan to the Hawks because he grew up supporting us…it’s going to be a bloody long 4 weeks.
I’m in for the long haul, what about you Ned?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Mitchell likely to be traded, Gunston possibly leaving, plus the departures of McEvoy, Shiels, Howe and Phillips, Hawthorn will likely go into 2023 as the 16th youngest team in the competition behind North Melbourne and Adelaide. It just goes to show how big the list turnover in the last three years has been.

2022: 13th youngest team in the league
2023: 16th youngest team in the league*

Not to be Debbie Downer but this sort of post has been written on our board many many times since the early 2010s and in that time they’ve made 10 prelims. If they pick up Henry and Bruhn and continue to draft well and uncover gems like Stengel then I don’t see why they won’t continue to play good footy. They have a system that works despite the lack of flags, have been bloody lucky (Kelly, Danger, JC), and are able to offer a pretty good lifestyle and the dodgy land deals.

I’m as hopeful as anyone that the cliff comes, and still think they’re a strong chance to choke the flag this year, however, hats off to Wells and the rest of their list management. As the cliff approaches, they’ve been able to find ways to avoid it more than a few times now.

Nah im not buying this. They have been strong for 10 years because of their core, plus some shrewd signings. All of these players will leave in 2/3 years. All.

Who will be the mid 20s stars making up their core in 3 years? SDK? Holmes? Parfitt? Bruhn?!

Im not some reactionary all upset about bruhn. I respect Geelong. But nobody can replace 14-16 of their best players overnight.

He's contracted through 2024 but.

I get RL dropped this, but gee... its pretty next level hypothetical IMO.
You're right. Thought I'd read he was only on his 1 year rookie deal. All Pies have to do is sit tight then.

Exactly. This wall has allegedly been coming for years.

Here's the exclusive footage of Geelong heading towards the wall:

RevolvingBothBlackrhino-max-1mb.gif

Hes the sort of character who would have been a hard core fan too. The sort of character who would leave Victoria's biggest club in a wide window to move to his childhood team? Possibly..

I hope so, his goal sense is extraordinary, he would be a wonderful get for hawthorn.

His whole family is.. What ever that means for us now.

RoughandLove says Hello
G’Day Lads.

Hope you’re all well, even the haters, we share a common passion, a love for the hawks.

The ups & downs of off season, our time will come. Be patient.

I’ll keep sharing info, please feel free to ignore my posts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly. This wall has allegedly been coming for years.

Here's the exclusive footage of Geelong heading towards the wall:

View attachment 1506464

I've never claimed they were headed to the wall, couldn't care less what others have said. I am claiming that now though.

So go on, rather than post sarky gifs, tell me who will be their best 5 players in 3 years?

It is like swallowing razor blades, but their List Management has been stunning.
AC and GW had a similar aim BUT failed dismally in execution.
I supported the ambition dramatically, that we failed, it was a massive disappointment.

All that said, let’s not worry about Geelong, the HFC will rise again, let’s be realistic it will take time. It is critical for us to buy extra collateral. The Club knows it, it is committed to it, it will happen.

Hold the line.

It is great to hear from RoughandLove. He is a great guy and his love for the Hawks is succinct and very real. He just wants us to grow and succeed.

Last edited:
Nah im not buying this. They have been strong for 10 years because of their core, plus some shrewd signings. All of these players will leave in 2/3 years. All.

Who will be the mid 20s stars making up their core in 3 years? SDK? Holmes? Parfitt? Bruhn?!

Im not some reactionary all upset about bruhn. I respect Geelong. But nobody can replace 14-16 of their best players overnight.

The thing about them though is that it doesn't matter who they bring in, they perform.

They have this unbelievable knack of getting the best out of players with very limited ability.

I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I've never claimed they were headed to the wall, couldn't care less what others have said. I am claiming that now though.

So go on, rather than post sarky gifs, tell me who will be their best 5 players in 3 years?

Settle down big guy, that post wasn't aimed at you specifically. If I had intended on aiming it at you then I'd have quoted you directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back