• Harry Sheezel

Votes: 155 92.3%
  • Elijah Tsatas

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • George Wardlaw

Votes: 146 86.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I suppose it depends what you mean by recruiting team. The club would have several scouts working and providing notes that you'll never find the names of and they might be leaning on these guys for knowledge moreso than usual.

Does Tsatas' disposal concern you vs Sheezel's ?

Does Tsatas' disposal concern you vs Sheezel's ?
Tsatas' execution does concern me - I'd be hopeful he improves this in a full-time environment.

1:45 at the clip above shows you what he's capable of by foot, but I find he doesn't quite hit them well enough.

I should note that I feel his best game of the year was the final game for Oakleigh vs. Bendigo. He had it 34 times, kicked a goal but it was his use by foot that stood out; was by far the best I've seen from him.

Last edited:
Tsatas' execution does concern me - I'd be hopeful he improves this in a full-time environment.

1:45 at the clip above shows you what he's capable of by foot, but I find he doesn't quite hit them well enough.

I should note that I feel his best game of the year was the final game for Oakleigh vs. Bendigo. He had it 34 times, kicked a goal but it was his use by foot that stood out; was by far the best I've seen from him.

Sorry Souupy, I haven’t seen a lot of him, is the issue with with his kicking technique or needing to learn to compose before kicking?

there needs to be another option post trade: sheezel and tsatas.

not saying i want it, but i believe its a distinct possibility. gws takes wardlaw and we pass on cadman, crashing bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wardlaw is the most complete mid in the draft and an excellent athlete we can choose to replace - you guessed it - the complete mid who excelled athletically that we just traded to Alberton. Don't make another Selwood-type mistake and pass on him because of some injuries in his U18 season.

Sheezel is as damaging in the forward half as any with the ball in hand. Who cares if he isn't lightning quick? He'll be a huge impact per possession player whilst actually accumulating a good amount of it. He'll be dynamite in a Clarkson side.

Tsatas is a good inside-outside tweener that can play multiple roles well, but isn't the best of ball users. Need we go much further? We're always whinging about sh** ball use on this board and we're going to spend one of our prized top three selections on potentially more of the same?

I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong if we go with Tsatas and I'll support all our lads to the death, but to me the choices are pretty clear.

Wardlaw is the most complete mid in the draft and an excellent athlete we can choose to replace - you guessed it - the complete mid who excelled athletically that we just traded to Alberton. Don't make another Selwood-type mistake and pass on him because of some injuries in his U18 season.

Sheezel is as damaging in the forward half as any with the ball in hand. Who cares if he isn't lightning quick? He'll be a huge impact per possession player whilst actually accumulating a good amount of it. He'll be dynamite in a Clarkson side.

Tsatas is a good inside-outside tweener that can play multiple roles well, but isn't the best of ball users. Need we go much further? We're always whinging about sh** ball use on this board and we're going to spend one of our prized top three selections on potentially more of the same?

I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong if we go with Tsatas and I'll support all our lads to the death, but to me the choices are pretty clear.
Yep - I would prefer Humphries to Tsatas. I hope we aren’t dazzled by speed. Also Clarko is a huge fan of those that are good by foot.

Brady said it’s a clear top 3 for us. Reaaaaally interesting when every single media source has a big 4 from Ashcroft.

I’m scared now it’s Wardlaw GWS want and we’ll pass on Cadman

Really worried about Wardlaw's hamstrings (the ghost of garner stirs this forum still) but i prefer him over tsatas.

In an ideal world GWS want Wardlaw to replace Taranto and Hopper. That way we still get Cadman.

Really hope we get the sheez. Get Toby Greene vibes from him.

Back