It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. But it's always good to see what is out there, hear their views and opinions. Having the blinkers on rarely works out well. Especially when he's already burnt the club.
I think if they wanted a proven coach he was last left standing pretty much. Or they could just get Essendon,GWS and North to email through their notes from the same blokes from their processes

Unbelievable in modern professional sport that the Saints didn't go through a coaching process. I guess it's no wonder they are and have always been a complete basket case of a club

Never been caught cheating.

Brad Hill will be rapt with this.
23FrCo18DC1231-1-.JPG

Ross Lyon has said he is ready to "give everything" the second time round, after St Kilda's announcement that he is the Saints new coach.

Lyon returned to Moorabbin as senior coach on Monday with a new four-year deal, 11 years after he sensationally left the club for Fremantle.

Sure. Give everything.. until he smells a better opportunity somewhere else that is silly enough to head hunt him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would have been better for Ross if he had a say in the trade period.
He may have drawn a line through a few players on the list already.
I think he will play Max King further up the ground Nick Riewoldt style and look to someone else to play full forward imo.

Were there issues between Ross and Brad at Freo? From the outside, Hill clearly played his career best footy under Ross.

I wouldn't say issues i think Ross is a coach which has diminishing returns at a club will give you a chance at success but tapers off quickly.

His style of play and his demands are incredibly taxing on the team you get 2-3yrs at the top.

I like this move even more considering Lenny Hayes and Robert Harvey are/will be there as assistants. I think that's important. You need guys who played under Ross; they can help with adoption of the new regime.

I love it, I love listening to Ross, I love the Stk fans having to pretend they’re happy after most (on here anyway) sunk their boots into him on his way out.

I can’t wait to see how he goes, I almost hope for stk to do well.

Ross is a great coach, do the Saints have the cattle to be a contender - we will find out as he will get the best out of them.

Freo 2016 was a disaster with 4 wins but I felt like he got us 2-3 wins a season extra each season from 2017-19.

Back