Toast Ross Lyon returns to St.Kilda #UnfinishedBusiness

Happy?

• Yes

Votes: 225 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand wanting to see an explanation. I think the counter argument is whether a public explanation would be counter-productive.
Moment please.
We have third possibility.
A counter-counter argument that would be counter-counter productive…..

Amazing.

What's a shaka?
meditation-chakra.gif

Our new Social Media person is leaving thier mark I see.
He was the same guy that did the stuff for Melbourne Victory for the past year.
If we win the flag he might cut some chocolate milk out of the cup

In any organisation, if you don't give an employee the support they require to succeed, then of course you sack them.
That's pretty standard practice mate. I don't see why you have your knickers in a knot about it.
Trust me, I’m all for the sacking. But I want to see that review sent to members so we can get a better understanding of what they found and what they intend to do moving forward.

I largely agree with almost all the changes made in the last month, I have slight reservations about Goddard, but I also think we could do with a hard nut like that at the club.

I’m just not 110% behind Bassat for the reasons I listed in my previous post. His hit rate hasn’t been good at the club, and while I like what I’m seeing now - I’m not ready to blindly back him in.

I said at the time Rattens extension was being discussed that if Ratten gets sacked in the next 18 months, everyone involved needs to go with him. From the President to the board, nobody had been held responsible for poor decisions and that still doesn’t sit right with me.

Trust me, I’m all for the sacking. But I want to see that review sent to members so we can get a better understanding of what they found and what they intend to do moving forward.

I largely agree with almost all the changes made in the last month, I have slight reservations about Goddard, but I also think we could do with a hard nut like that at the club.

I’m just not 110% behind Bassat for the reasons I listed in my previous post. His hit rate hasn’t been good at the club, and while I like what I’m seeing now - I’m not ready to blindly back him in.

I said at the time Rattens extension was being discussed that if Ratten gets sacked in the next 18 months, everyone involved needs to go with him. From the President to the board, nobody had been held responsible for poor decisions and that still doesn’t sit right with me.
I agree with the sentiment but the reality is that whatever they do release (if anything) will be so watered down and vanilla that it won't shed any further light.

Hey George I heard a whisper, but can’t say it on here🤫

Why do you bother with this stuff?? Just so people can ask you questions and you can be like oh look I'm so popular?

You'll never be as popular and good looking as me. I get all the best inside info from the most gorgeous women, you need to show me how much you want it before I even consider handing it off to the unwashed.

A gorgeous sigma with throbbing quadriceps and pulsating pectorals, and a moderator on a footy forum to boot.

You wish you knew what I knew. But I can't say it here.

I agree with the sentiment but the reality is that whatever they do release (if anything) will be so watered down and vanilla that it won't shed any further light.

C’mon; we need to know!!!!!!!!!

w3Sl0MO.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope I remembered correctly and we're back November 22nd instead of 21st. Working from home so will undoubtedly get down to our first session of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield sides didn't do so well this year. The Cats had no players on the top 50 for clearance averages. Bombers, Hawks and Eages all had multiples. Dogs and Demons are the 2 best midfield in footy but didn't make it. Collingwood had Crisp and DeGoey as their main men, Geelong had a patch work to save their old guys for finals. Sydney played guys like Warner and Parker on ball but rotated a a lot, their outside run is their best quality.

We have a lot of quality on the inside but lack talent out on the wings and players who can dominate the high half forward and running defensive wings. DMac is good and Wood did well but those spots for the running outsiders is probably where we need to get better and the forward line was the area that let everything down this year. If King and Snags kicked above the league conversion average we won. If King had a bad day we lost. That can easily be fixed just by spreading the load.
Again you are looking at stats. Ask the unbiased footy people about geelongs midfield and they will tell you the balance is excellent. You don’t rate Guthrie I gather because of stats but those unbiased footy people know his importance. Our midfield has terrible balance but you are so hung up on stats you can’t see it. Surprisingly it nearly looked it’s best in the last game of the year when crouch didn’t play and Steele probably attended many less bounces than normal and we different types in there like hanners and owens. Not surprising to me that a different type of player helped our midfield. Luckily we look to have potentially different types of mids because using the same will get us the same average results. Midfields decide results over a season. They can save ordinary backlines or make ordinary forward lines look good.

Again you are looking at stats. Ask the unbiased footy people about geelongs midfield and they will tell you the balance is excellent. You don’t rate Guthrie I gather because of stats but those unbiased footy people know his importance. Our midfield has terrible balance but you are so hung up on stats you can’t see it. Surprisingly it nearly looked it’s best in the last game of the year when crouch didn’t play and Steele probably attended many less bounces than normal and we different types in there like hanners and owens. Not surprising to me that a different type of player helped our midfield. Luckily we look to have potentially different types of mids because using the same will get us the same average results. Midfields decide results over a season. They can save ordinary backlines or make ordinary forward lines look good.

I don't think it's just the stats he's looking at. If you watch Geelong they spread the load and the mids never really dominated other teams outside of probably the GF

Sure they have an excellent balance but it was the way they played together. Stack them up 1v1 against other teams' mids and no matter how you look at it they're only average or slightly above.

I think for the past few years Bassett has been backing in Lethlean who seemed to be doing an ok job at the time. Now that we were stuck in no mans land he’ll be making more decisions and we’ll be better for it. I was skeptical of this review but so far it has been a glorious one.

Lethlean is lucky to survive for mine but the fact that he’s moving to CEO which is less of a football decision making role is probably what’s saved him because ultimately he’s made most of the decisions which have got us to this point. I don’t blindly back in anyone anymore and I was just about ready to give up but the results of this review have dragged me back in.

I think for the past few years Bassett has been backing in Lethlean who seemed to be doing an ok job at the time. Now that we were stuck in no mans land he’ll be making more decisions and we’ll be better for it. I was skeptical of this review but so far it has been a glorious one.

Lethlean is lucky to survive for mine but the fact that he’s moving to CEO which is less of a football decision making role is probably what’s saved him because ultimately he’s made most of the decisions which have got us to this point. I don’t blindly back in anyone anymore and I was just about ready to give up but the results of this review have dragged me back in.
Agree, Leathlean very lucky to be still employed, hopefully he does a better job as CEO then he did when he was in charge of the footy department

Thats why we do it at the pub instead.
Can't watch open training at the pub. Could all turn up with a case of beers though, crush the cans after we're done and hurl them at the players, help Rossy instill some mental toughness in them all

Yeah, I'm heaps happier with Lethers out of the footy department. He's much more in his wheel house as CEO.

We look like we have our best off field set up possibly ever. Bassat has realised that austerity hasn't served the on field team too well finally and has left nothing off the table.

I'm not vindictive and happy to give them another chance in more suitable roles. As much as everyone loved Finnis, I don't think he had an interest in the football stuff.

Back