Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering season only moved to 17 games last season from 16 games a season. Can’t take much stock in 13 wins gets it done talk.

Considering season only moved to 17 games last season from 16 games a season. Can’t take much stock in 13 wins gets it done talk.
I think it's only common sense to factor in probability when forming an opinion.

We get it, you think improbability means impossibility.

What if Dallas gets thirteen wins?
Then it'll be the second time in 102 years that a team has not won the division with 13 wins.

If I'm a betting man I wouldn't be taking those odds, not sure why you think it's remotely possible but I guess we can all dream!

Then it'll be the second time in 102 years that a team has not won the division with 13 wins.

If I'm a betting man I wouldn't be taking those odds, not sure why you think it's remotely possible but I guess we can all dream!

Look at their schedule, why is it not remotely possible that they get 13 wins?

So what if they do?

Look at their schedule, why is it not remotely possible that they get 13 wins?

So what if they do?
I just told you what would happen if they do, but if you think they are winning five of their last six and we are only winning three I'm not too sure what to tell you. 13 gets us the division title, based on the history of the league there's a 0.9% chance of Dallas winning the division if we get to 13 wins. You side with the 1 year of it happening and I'll side with the 101 other years.

It's not a very compelling argument to make when it's happened once in the history of the league. Just a bunch of "what ifs". I need something more concrete than that, and history is a good measurement especially when it's so convincingly one way.

Dallas have 6 winnable games coming up but so did we against Washington and so did they against Green Bay. Upsets happen every single weekend in the NFL and it's simple to me, Dallas is not going to win 7 of their last 8 games whilst we go on and (look at our schedule) win 3 of our last six.

Last edited:
You're not saying anything at all, other than constantly misunderstanding what can be gleaned from past results in a season where the two top teams in a conference are within the same division.

You said we'd lose to the Giants, now you claim we couldn't lose games.

You're not saying anything at all, other than constantly misunderstanding what can be gleaned from past results in a season where
You're literally asking me to picture a scenario that has happened once in 102 seasons lol. It's not happening dude, let it go. We are winning the division with 13 wins minimum. Looking at the schedule we should finish 15-2 or 14-3 IMO.

Blankenship was having such a great game before making a mess of the Watson td but regardless, he looked good, tackled hard & that was a very clever pick. Obviously want CGJ back but good to know this guy is available.

You're not saying anything at all, other than constantly misunderstanding what can be gleaned from past results in a season where the two top teams in a conference are within the same division.

You said we'd lose to the Giants, now you claim we couldn't lose games.
No again you aren't understanding. I'm talking worst case scenario, minimum required is 13 wins. Minimum required and what I think we actually end with are two different things

No again you aren't understanding. I'm talking worst case scenario, minimum required is 13 wins. Minimum required and what I think we actually end with are two different things

The difficulty isn't that you aren't posting your thoughts with great repetition, it's that they're stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If something hasn't happened it cannot. Everyone knows this. I'll tell the Falcons to go claim their Lombardi.
What chance do you give something happening that has happened once in the last 102 attempts? Are you being deliberately disingenuous or do you just not understand how probabilities work?

The difficulty isn't that you aren't posting your thoughts with great repetition, it's that they're stupid.
Yet yours, that side with the one time something has happened in 102 attempts, is making a whole lot of sense lol

I mean I thought 'defence was good against Washington' was the king of all s**t takes.
Our defense kept us in the game lmao, that was obvious. Our lack of execution on offense and turnovers cost us the game. Pretty simple

Our defense kept us in the game lmao, that was obvious. Our lack of execution on offense and turnovers cost us the game. Pretty simple

So, other than that you don't understand the sport in general, or how divisional standings work, you're going pretty well?

So, other than that you don't understand the sport in general, or how divisional standings work, you're going pretty well?
I would bet I've been following the sport longer than you have if you think 13 wins doesn't win the division haha. You're sitting here arguing for Dallas winning 7 of 8 games and us losing 3 of our last 6, all things considered. Lmao.

I would bet I've been following the sport longer than you have if you think 13 wins doesn't win the division haha. You're sitting here arguing for Dallas winning 7 of 8 games and us losing 3 of our last 6, all things considered. Lmao.

To be fair I certainly don't think the reason you don't understand anything is how long you've been a fan.

To be fair I certainly don't think the reason you don't understand anything is how long you've been a fan.
You are basing your entire opinion off of something that has happened 0.9% of the time. Regardless of what I think, why would you believe in something that happens that often as opposed to what happens the other 99.1% of the time? Incredibly odd

You are basing your entire opinion off of something that has happened 0.9% of the time. Regardless of what I think, why would you believe in something that happens that often as opposed to what happens the other 99.1% of the time? Incredibly odd

It's probably because I don't drink lead and understand the difference between 'hasn't occurred often' and 'literally cannot occur', and am capable of doing the maths on the current standings.

Do you think spam posting the same thing constantly is going to make your idea that it's cool to lose to the giants seem less stupid?

It's probably because I don't drink lead and understand the difference between 'hasn't occurred often' and 'literally cannot occur', and am capable of doing the maths on the current standings.

Do you think spam posting the same thing constantly is going to make your idea that it's cool to lose to the giants seem less stupid?
Hahaha you still don't get it. I said 13 was the minimum to win the division which would mean we win 3 of our last 6 games so think in any world beat the Bears Saints and Giants at least once and then if I'm looking for 3 losses to back up the original argument of needing 13 wins minimum to win the division, we lose to the Giants Cowboys and Titans.

It's very simple to understand. There's a difference in what I think we will need as a minimum to win the division compared to what I actually think happens.

I think we go comfortably past 13 wins, I think we push for 15 and should win every game with the toughest being Tennessee next week and the Cowboys on Christmas Day.

3 more wins wraps up the division and then it's about solidifying 1st place in the conference.

Eagles quarterbacks had run for 157 yards 0 percent of the time before todays' game. I'll tell them that it didnt happen.
What's the likelihood of it happening again? That's the argument lmao. It took 74 years to run for what we did today, so I'd bet that it doesn't happen again for a very long time lmao.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back