AFL Player #18: Lewis Hayes

Remove this Banner Ad

We're s**t at developing players, especially tall ones. We just got rid of Eyre, Brand and Francis.

Just worried we're gonna do the same thing with Hayes.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't know much about Hayes but if he was drafted in the 2nd round I'm almost certain he's starting with a higher base than Eyre or Brand and if he's 199cm he's at least got height and reach as an attribute if the athleticism isn't there, unlike Francis.

We're s**t at developing players, especially tall ones. We just got rid of Eyre, Brand and Francis.

Just worried we're gonna do the same thing with Hayes.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we can never develop players, especially talls, we're destined for failure - if you don't believe this can change then the pick is inconsequential anyway

Well, I guess he's behind Eyre, BZT, Reid and Cox (given Cox is training with the backs).

I don't doubt his talent, but I don't understand why we drafted him.
Eyre isnt on the list

Cox is training everywhere

I do agree that all of Zerk, Hayes, Cox and Reid cant work in the same backline. That wont be a problem till 2025 though.

By that time maybe Zerk isnt on the list. I just have to think Zerk is gone in 12 months time. Port need a KPD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But continues my puzzlement with wherr the **** cox ends up.
still in defence, between cox, reid, hayes, and bzt we can have 2-3 tall defenders in the seniors while the others play vfl developing and pushing for spots.
(i know we have stewart but i never want to see him in the afl back line again).

Puzzling selection from a list management standpoint after delisting Brand and Eyre tbh, but he clearly has some talent and I’m happy with the pick. If we can develop a Reid/Hayes partnership down back we’ll have no height issues.

Eyre isnt on the list

Cox is training everywhere

I do agree that all of Zerk, Hayes, Cox and Reid cant work in the same backline. That wont be a problem till 2025 though.

By that time maybe Zerk isnt on the list. I just have to think Zerk is gone in 12 months time. Port need a KPD
Why should Zerk be gone in 12 months? His trajectory has been better than both Cox and Reid's. I don't see any reason he doesn't cement a spot.

Puzzling selection from a list management standpoint after delisting Brand and Eyre tbh, but he clearly has some talent and I’m happy with the pick. If we can develop a Reid/Hayes partnership down back we’ll have no height issues.
How is it puzzling?

Got rid of two KPDs who our team don't rate enough to continue with.

Replaced them with 1 who is highly rated

What's so hard to understand? It's not exactly the hawks drafting 5 thousand defenders or anything close to that....

We got rid of "trash" and were linked being interested in Weddle and Jed Adams, saw a bit of James Van Es mentioned in the build up the last few months as well.... looks like a KPD was always on the cards....

How is it puzzling?

Got rid of two KPDs who our team don't rate enough to continue with.

Replaced them with 1 who is highly rated

What's so hard to understand? It's not exactly the hawks drafting 5 thousand defenders or anything close to that....

We got rid of "trash" and were linked being interested in Weddle and Jed Adams, saw a bit of James Van Es mentioned in the build up the last few months as well.... looks like a KPD was always on the cards....
I personally thought we got rid of them because we thought had too many. Strange to delist a couple of project talls who were tracking alright only to draft another.

Regardless, I hope he goes well.

I think this is a perfectly understandable list management decision when you get rid of 2 tall defenders.

They weren't both dumped for list balance.. they were dumped because they weren't up to par.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back