Preview Round 18 - Essendon Bombers vs Geelong Cats - Saturday, July 15th - 7:25 pm - GMHBA Stadium

Did anyone notice I kept forgetting to add a poll?

• No, because polls are stupid

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes, we love the polls. Polls for everyone

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Hobbs reminds me to Selwood, but with a bit more forward nous.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Tomahawk has the best nickname in the AFL.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No to Fantasia. We need to look forward not backward. Upward, not forward.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards victory.

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the late changes we make every week the emergencies are the most important part of the actual changes, only published in one place i can find them, and deleted after the game is played, so they really need to be recorded.

EMG
[13] Nik Cox,[19] Nick Hind,[33] Alwyn Davey Jnr,[39] Patrick Voss

Which of these are 'in' from last weeks emergencies?

They can inject the area with local anaesthetic too, I think that’s a common one.

I have a weird memory of an article I read once about a player who played with an epidural? Although I bloody hope that doesn’t happen in 2023!
Salmon had an epidural in the leadup to the 93 GF to relieve pressure in his back.

How do we not even name Baldwin on the bench?
This must be what Scott means when he says we've learned a lot. Or something.
People were calling for Scott's sacking when Bryan was playing well in the VFL for a few weeks and Scott wasn't playing him, finally Phillips needs a week off and Scott has to bring in Bryan against West Coast, and turns out he's nowhere near AFL level.

Maybe Scott just happens to know more about when players are ready to play seniors than we do.

People were calling for Scott's sacking when Bryan was playing well in the VFL for a few weeks and Scott wasn't playing him, finally Phillips needs a week off and Scott has to bring in Bryan against West Coast, and turns out he's nowhere near AFL level.

Maybe Scott just happens to know more about when players are ready to play seniors than we do.
I was thinking about something he'd said about learning since Round 7 (?). I'm wondering if the implication was around match-ups becaus if I recall, once they were switched with BZT going to Cameron we defended better... I think? Memory's hazy. Was it Laverde to Hawkins and BZT to Cameron?

Given the late changes we make every week the emergencies are the most important part of the actual changes, only published in one place i can find them, and deleted after the game is played, so they really need to be recorded.

EMG
[13] Nik Cox,[19] Nick Hind,[33] Alwyn Davey Jnr,[39] Patrick Voss

Which of these are 'in' from last weeks emergencies?
I have all of them in the spreadsheet that's posted everywhere (sticky contracts thread, injury thread, etc. link also in sig)

You can also get all the old team announcements off the club website, those don't change the way the match centre does.

How do we not even name Baldwin on the bench?
This must be what Scott means when he says we've learned a lot. Or something.
He's probably still injured.

What are they doing with Shiel. Right now he is Scott's biggest misstep. Two weeks that he shouldn't have played (a better sub and we wont the Port game) and now injured.
It's quite odd. Not sure if it's Scott's fault exactly. As the coach he listens to the medical advice and watches the player train... if available, can choose to select him.

What's most unusual is that he's apparently regarded as medically fit, and then gets injured anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week's Don The Stat is out now.

Note that I'm missing from this one. That might make you more or less likely to want to listen (Former Essendon and Western Bulldogs Football Analyst Andrew Walsh has filled my shoes).

Would love the AFL/media to conduct the coach's pressers AFTER the team announcements. Would make is more meaningful IMO.

Remove all the guff re selection.

Am I right in assuming that even if Ridley plays he will be on a Rohan/Henry type, with Laverde and BZT taking Hawkins/Cameron? Or would Ridley be more likely to play on Hawk/JC?
It's a secret.

Even after that first quarter/half

Its something Scott may do but even Zerk did ok on Dixon and then as soon as Lav was back in the fold he took Dixon and took him to the cleaners

Will be brave if he does go that way
Yep. See if he's learnt anything.

Also see if having a midfield defending in front of him makes any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back