Preview Round 18 - Essendon Bombers vs Geelong Cats - Saturday, July 15th - 7:25 pm - GMHBA Stadium

Did anyone notice I kept forgetting to add a poll?

• No, because polls are stupid

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes, we love the polls. Polls for everyone

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Hobbs reminds me to Selwood, but with a bit more forward nous.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Tomahawk has the best nickname in the AFL.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No to Fantasia. We need to look forward not backward. Upward, not forward.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards victory.

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it is wise putting either Cox or Voss in against the Cats. They haven't played any senior footy and would probably get monstered.

Save for later IMO.
Cox is almost the perfect sub for mine. And we're not really in a position to ease anyone in.

Atm unless you're playing the bottom 3 you can throw a blanket over the rest of the league, tough no matter what.

If I recall correctly we literally put no pressure on Geelong last time.

They had so much space to time their kicks (which they had more of), whereas we looked to dispose it the moment we got it with many panic handballs (which we had more of), leading to unforced errors which they capitalised on (they had more intercepts).

We also won the hit-outs but they sharked ours around the ground when we had less time to set up, but we won centre clearances.

However since then I think we have improved on how much we cover the ground, pressure acts, causing/capitalising on unforced errors by the opposition, tackling, stoppage clearances and locking the ball i50 (which has probably been aided by the inclusion of Menzie and Guelf). Although this time I do not think we will win the hit-outs like last time, but will have the opportunity to shark theirs.

Oh yeah and we have Wright to compete in the air with a more improved Langford. Hind must be the sub for dash cos we will tire.

In order to do differently than last time we must bring those improvements into this match. However it is at GMHBA so it is going to play a massive part.

Last edited:
We were on a 5 day break post the Anzac Day shmozzle

Not sure now is a better time to get them

They have just got their season back on track. At home, need to win to keep the dream alive. No ruck for us, Ridley will be a late out.

We are close on the ladder but Cats should be massive odds on favourites.

Time for us to stand up to this mob. They've dominated us for too long and we have an opportunity tonight to change that and keep ourselves firmly in the hunt. Won't be easy but I want us to make a statement.

They have just got their season back on track. At home, need to win to keep the dream alive. No ruck for us, Ridley will be a late out.

Huh?

Ridley will be a late out based on what?

Do you have any inside scoop or are you just guessing based on last weeks injury scare?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back