AFL Player #18: Lewis Hayes

Remove this Banner Ad

We're s**t at developing players, especially tall ones. We just got rid of Eyre, Brand and Francis.

Just worried we're gonna do the same thing with Hayes.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rubbish, any other position yes, but he’s a defender, we can develop those standing on our heads while boiling a kettle.

Not a concern.

Not sure why people here think Cox will end up a defender. Scotty said he’s not sure where he will play. Think he will play the Blicavs role eventually which is more like a mobile ruck who can defend.

Going to take awhile to play senior football with his light frame but his football ability is more advanced than Brand and Eyre and will get over 200cm.

Profile from Rookie Me, not done by myself but still a good read haha

He is skinny....but he's strong skinny if that makes sense. Already has plenty of muscle definition and I suspect has good functional strength already. His efforts on Humphrey at the champs suggest he's quick for his size (not sure how he tested).

I think he's more ready to go than Reid was in first year (not suggesting he'll be better long-term) tbh and he's miles more accomplished than Brand or Eyre. BZT has a few years and few KG on him but again, Hayes is the more talented athlete and footballer. I can see him playing sooner than many might think.

It's not a pick that fills a glaring need but I was high on Hays after the game v. Vic Country and thought he would go 1st round. I think he's a really good player.

He is skinny....but he's strong skinny if that makes sense. Already has plenty of muscle definition and I suspect has good functional strength already. His efforts on Humphrey at the champs suggest he's quick for his size (not sure how he tested).

I think he's more ready to go than Reid was in first year (not suggesting he'll be better long-term) tbh and he's miles more accomplished than Brand or Eyre. BZT has a few years and few KG on him but again, Hayes is the more talented athlete and footballer. I can see him playing sooner than many might think.

It's not a pick that fills a glaring need but I was high on Hays after the game v. Vic Country and thought he would go 1st round. I think he's a really good player.
2.99 over 20m

I am keeping the receipts of this thread for when in 4 years time, Hayes and Reid are putting opposition forwards in handcuffs in a preliminary final.
the rules of the game committee must be stopped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not within 4 years poor Lewis get on it boy as you won’t have time to develop Essendon don't have a plan!! But good luck buddy .... trust me you are going to need it year mate get off this page

Puzzling selection from a list management standpoint after delisting Brand and Eyre tbh, but he clearly has some talent and I’m happy with the pick. If we can develop a Reid/Hayes partnership down back we’ll have no height issues.
Not really because Brand and Eyre are rubbish hence why we delisted them. This kids a gun a great intercept mark who can also turn defensive into attack. Actually puts his body on the line not scared of contact. He can also mark the football unlike Eyre who fumbles everything.

Straight into the thick of it is Lewis.

317675567_10160212170694356_940918543829355399_n.jpg

Also, NUMBER ALERT!

317802860_10160212170769356_8175613144138187793_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back