FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Skins played on that line so finely, and by using cast that were actually that age and not 5-10years older it got a bit more praise. I remember when MTV tried to recreate the show for the USA, it was accused of pedophilia
And knowing American, the 'sex scenes' were probably all quick cutaway scenes that showed nothing more than kissing.

Like I said Skins UK was done in a way that you think it has nudity, but it doesn't, it didn't shy away from sexual content at all, it felt real. It just kept the nudie bits hidden.

First new show of the year, everyone's favourite sadomasochist Nicolas Winding Refn's Copenhagen Cowboy. His follow up to the beautiful mess that was Too Old To Die Young. Has all the hallmarks of a NWR joint - the lipstick pink titles, neon everywhere, slow camera pans, one too many women being abused...and yet I can never look away. A revenge tale of sorts, played by a relative newcomer (Angela Bundalovic) who has like maybe at max 3 minutes of dialogue across the 6 hours, but just has a demanding screen presence.

And knowing American, the 'sex scenes' were probably all quick cutaway scenes that showed nothing more than kissing.

Like I said Skins UK was done in a way that you think it has nudity, but it doesn't, it didn't shy away from sexual content at all, it felt real. It just kept the nudie bits hidden.
I just watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode, yep, nudity galore

Hunters , was going to watch S2 then found out I couldn’t remember anything much about the story so went back to the start

The storyline is a bit tired , Nazis hiding in plain sight tracked down by the ‘ A Team ‘. Al Pacino is OK but it seems he’s just a guy now nothing special like you would expect when he was younger

The actor who plays the kid is ok but annoying at times , decent production values and the main Nazi bad guys are suitably nasty

5/10 and I’ll probably stick with it because there isn’t much else I’m interested in ATM , If it gets any more contrived though I’m out because I’m really at my limit

Watched the first season of Wednesday not what I was expecting but quite funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making my way through Vikings. Just about finished season 4.

It's entertaining enough but hasn't grabbed me as much as I thought it would've.
It loses the plot at a certain point. Recently rewatched it up to the end of season 4 and then knew it was gonna get bad after that

Got through the four seasons of Fargo. I paid less attention with each successive season but I enjoyed bits of each one. Angus Sampson, Jeffrey Donovan and Sam Axe Bruce Campbell in season 2, for example.

I never, ever want to listen to David Thewlis eat ever again. Now I'm off to alternate between House, Cheers and the first season of Ted Lasso.

Colin From Accounts, about five minutes in. Unfortunately that's about where the show peaked.
my missus is right into this, sadly so am i by osmosis. it takes a few goes but there are some laughs in the next few episodes. one of the funnier characters is the girls mothers partner, leigh. his awkward and inappropriate comments gave us a few belly laughs

my missus is right into this, sadly so am i by osmosis. it takes a few goes but there are some laughs in the next few episodes. one of the funnier characters is the girls mothers partner, leigh. his awkward and inappropriate comments gave us a few belly laughs

What's everyone's watching habits in a multi-person household? My wife and I rarely watch anything together, except movies on the weekend, because we have different tastes.

I look at it like reading a book. Nobody sits and reads a book together so why do the same with TV?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back