Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Alex CincottaOllie HollandsJosh Honey
Brodie Kemp
Emergencies:Lachie CowanZac FisherLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

Just not seeing what Ed brings that Kennedy doesn't. Kennedy is the better mid and I would argue would be a far more effective HF. Only thing Ed has that Kennedy doesnt is the ability to tag - just not sure that is a big enough reason to play him when Hewett could always play that run with role.

In a team that struggles for genuine foot speed, we’ll be missing a trick by not replacing Ed on the HFF with Cotters. That is the one change I feel is a must for our overall setup.

At this stage, I’m happy with Doc as a permanent midfielder to which I also think we don’t need both Kennedy and Hewitt in the same 22.

Bringing in Cottrell gives us further speed and aggression. Bringing him in for Fisher and even having him play stints at HFF means we have runners at all fronts - Cincotta, Saad, Doc, Hollands, Acres and Cottrell.

It will be a big test to see how we stack up on Friday but the findings of Cincotta and Hollands, and acquisition of Acres, will, if all fit and firing and adding to our current crop, help to even out our slower movers and give us a better overall balance
I have a big feeling we may rest Ollie Hollands this week and bring in Cotts. A well earned rest for Ollie.

Was against WCE, but I think Hewett has started to turn the corner. In our ideal setup, I think he is best 22 but as a tagger. Would love to see him go to one of the gun mids each week like our version of Jack Steele.

Need to move past Ed. I do think it's worth Cottrell playing in his place.

Out
Hollands - Managed
Honey - Ommited
Ed - Becomes Sub

In
Binns, deserves his chance
Motlop - form hasnt been great but offers more than Honey
Kennedy - swaps with Ed, although I dont mind playing Bam Bam as sub because he offers flexibility in every position.

I am a little concerned Pittonet rucking all day against McIrney with no real back up or alternative, for this reason it may be worth consideration to play TDK as the tactical sub who could be put into the game in the 2nd half which could give us an advantage. Just becomes risky if we get an early injury and have to activate TDK prior to being ready, but IMO we have enough versatility in our list to be able to counter.

Out
Hollands - Managed
Honey - Ommited
Ed - Becomes Sub

In
Kennedy - swaps with Ed, although I dont mind playing Bam Bam as sub because he offers flexibility in every position.

I am a little concerned Pittonet rucking all day against McIrney with no real back up or alternative, for this reason it may be worth consideration to play TDK as the tactical sub who could be put into the game in the 2nd half which could give us an advantage. Just becomes risky if we get an early injury and have to activate TDK prior to being ready, but IMO we have enough versatility in our list to be able to counter.
I'm not sure Ed brings what you want from a sub.

TDK got a concussion in the 2s, won't be playing this week.

Out
Hollands - Managed
Honey - Ommited
Ed - Becomes Sub

In

Young/Harry can help him.

While we won, dont think West Coast game showed us any improvements in small/mid forward impact. Their lack of impact unsustainable for me.

Our small/mid forwards kicked 5 in a one sided match. Look at Demons small/mid forwards who kicked 12 in the same type of game. That is more sustainable for me.

While we won, dont think West Coast game showed us any improvements in small/mid forward impact. Their lack of impact unsustainable for me.

Our small/mid forwards kicked 5 in a one sided match. Look at Demons small/mid forwards who kicked 12 in the same type of game. That is more sustainable for me.
whilst I agree our smalls need to do more...the example is not convincing.

We have Charlie. Why wouldn't we direct more through him? Line up all the KPFs out of us and Demons and we still have the best 2.

Stats aren't my issue with Fisher it's commitment and physicality.

He's not as shaky as LOB but he's pretty good at avoiding contact and disguising it.
Stats are disingenuous with Fish.
He does very little, then Voss throws him around & he pads out the sheet with nothing touches. No other player gets the ride he does, he has the opportunity to do a little of everything & does none of it particularly well. Cotts is a big upgrade of everything he does (quicker, harder, better disposal, better defensively, better mark & kick for goal) & provides more flexibility in position. Binns is very close to it as well.
People breaking Fish tackles (or attempted corral) consistently creates an out number & hurts us by allowing there transition a head start

I'm not sure Ed brings what you want from a sub.

TDK got a concussion in the 2s, won't be playing this week.
I see what you are saying re Ed, but he can play multiple positions as injury coverage but isnt going to be a player that has an immediate impact when he comes on.. Cotterell seemed to play this role perfectly last year and I thought he could find a niche as a permanent sub, but coming off injury Cotters needs minutes in his legs so would prefer him to play a full game in the 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see what you are saying re Ed, but he can play multiple positions as injury coverage but isnt going to be a player that has an immediate impact when he comes on.. Cotterell seemed to play this role perfectly last year and I thought he could find a niche as a permanent sub, but coming off injury Cotters needs minutes in his legs so would prefer him to play a full game in the 2s.
Cotts was absolutely flying in the 2nd half of the 2s, noticeably better runner than everyone else, he’s good to go

Harry has never taken a ruck contest, even when its in the f50 its always Jack or Cripps then end up taking a throw in or ball up, not Harry..
Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

One small point: I’d like to see McKay snap on his right foot when he marks in close on the left side facing the goals. And I would like him to totally avoid leading to that side otherwise. Just lead up and out of space or ead to the fat side. Leave that side to Charlie.
He tried that v North. It went horribly. Like he'd never done it before. No thanks.

One small point: I’d like to see McKay snap on his right foot when he marks in close on the left side facing the goals. And I would like him to totally avoid leading to that side otherwise. Just lead up and out of space or ead to the fat side. Leave that side to Charlie.
It's shocking how low on confidence he is from that side.

Binns deserves a crack before Cotts.
Agree, I was talking about Cotts coming in as sub.. IMO Binns should come in to replace Hollands who has worked his @ss off but starting to look like a tired first year player and could do with a rest and Binns should be the natural replacement given his form in VFL last 4 weeks.

Agree, I was talking about Cotts coming in as sub.. IMO Binns should come in to replace Hollands who has worked his @ss off but starting to look like a tired first year player and could do with a rest and Binns should be the natural replacement given his form in VFL last 4 weeks.
Think Binns would be better in Fish role, not as big a step up as Hollands role. Let the kid find his feet, Cotts can take Holland roll if Hollands is feeling it/being managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back