Preview Richmond vs West Coast - 1:45pm Saturday the 6th of May @ The MCG - Desperate times call for desperate measures... or do they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bemuses me is Castagna was gifted games for two years on the concept he was guarding space yet he struggled to get the ball and when he did it was invariably often a Clanger.
Now KMac on his wing has been applauded and gifted games for doing the same thing. Cumberland a natural forward gets dropped for not protecting space, but with Jack looks the only bloke that can kick a swag of goals on the day. Our forwards are not responsible for our poor forward entries which allows the opposition to take easy marks and easily the run the ball out of defence. They have been poor at their set shots at goal.
Games against minnows like the Eagles kids should be playing to boost their confidence and gain self belief that they belong in the system.

What bemuses me is Castagna was gifted games for two years on the concept he was guarding space yet he struggled to get the ball and when he did it was invariably often a Clanger.
Now KMac on his wing has been applauded and gifted games for doing the same thing. Cumberland a natural forward gets dropped for not protecting space, but with Jack looks the only bloke that can kick a swag of goals on the day. Our forwards are not responsible for our poor forward entries which allows the opposition to take easy marks and easily the run the ball out of defence. They have been poor at their set shots at goal.
Games against minnows like the Eagles kids should be playing to boost their confidence and gain self belief that they belong in the system.
I personally didnt want him dropped but wanted him to be more accountable for his direct opponent
Against Melbourne Hibberd totally gave him no respect and dominated and last week im not sure who his opponent was but just seen Ballard & Collins constantly at every ball drop that went into the foward line so it possibly was Ballard

Who actually was Cumberlands man ?

I personally didnt want him dropped but wanted him to be more accountable for his direct opponent
Against Melbourne Hibberd totally gave him no respect and dominated and last week im not sure who his opponent was but just seen Ballard & Collins constantly at every ball drop that went into the foward line so it possibly was Ballard

I think both the blokes you mentioned as it takes two men to stop the great Noah Cumberland. 😂

Garbage Mate. Cumberland has been bloody awful last two weeks.
Ball delivery into F50 an issue? You bet it is, maybe because messiah and Jack and others have been playing behInd their opponent looking for the easy possession out the back. Look, I think Cumberland can be a really good player for us, but what he’s produced the last two weeks has been bloody awful.
MJR has copped it big time on this forum from many, yet Noah produces very similar poor numbers but his disciples throw the toys out when he gets dropped. His output warrants a spell.

Ball delivery into F50 an issue? You bet it is, maybe because messiah and Jack and others have been playing behInd their opponent looking for the easy possession out the back. Look, I think Cumberland can be a really good player for us, but what he’s produced the last two weeks has been bloody awful.
MJR has copped it big time on this forum from many, yet Noah produces very similar poor numbers but his disciples throw the toys out when he gets dropped. His output warrants a spell.
Your second sentence is contradictory and supports my argument. I agree with everything else on Junior

Last edited:

Ballard was on Reiwoldt and gave him an absolute bath. They marked everything, if you’re going to hammer cumbo hammer Reiwoldt and Ryan too

Ballard was on Reiwoldt and gave him an absolute bath. They marked everything, if you’re going to hammer cumbo hammer Reiwoldt and Ryan too
Yep, Jack was awful, played from behind the whole game. Ballard took so many uncontested marks from our under pressure kicks into F50. This MUST change

Noah Cumberland is extremely talented, but he is not a gorilla full forward and never will be…He just has to chase and tackle…Or at least be accountable…At the moment he is doing neither…So he goes back…Hopefully he gets the message and can be a part of turning our season around…

As i said im not sure who was on cumberland

Never see a player when he was on the screen and he never got near it so was not on the screen long enough
Ryan had 11 touches and kicked 2 goals and 2 tackles at 73 % DE whilst playing 30% Ruck time

He more than pulled his weight

Now do you know who Cumberlands direct opponent was ?
was it powell ? or Mc Pherson

How Does Graham waltz straight back in it was similar rd1 limited preparation no practice matches and in he comes
I think our concerns may be greater than we care to admit if JG Is a walk up start in our best 23
i don't think anyone minds admitting we would have major facking concerns...

if we weren't #eco

Got no problems with Cumberland and Sonsie getting dropped , but seems to me our kids take the rapt for the failings of our senior players not one dropped all year.Hugo straight in lol always going to the same well.
i gave one point for correct spelling of rapt- bloody well done, bravo!

unforch i removed a point for incorrect usage of said word and

finally, plus 69 pts for being a tiger

total points iiiiiis

whooooooaaaaaaahhhh-

-aaaaahhhrrrrr -aaahhrrrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cumberland was poor last week. The previous game he kicked 3 in a quarter. Riewoldt the the thief stole another off him when it was cumberland who tackled and should've got 4, could've easily marked Dusty's shot and he would've had 5. Our F50 entry kicks are putrid. Riewoldts direct opponent was BOG and gave him an absolute shellacking, same as the no namer for the blues who absolutely pantsed him. But yeah lets blame the 12 gamer who'e averaging 2 goals a game and on peanuts salary wise. Lets ignore the senior players on 3,4 and 5 times his salary with 10 and 20 times as many games as him who are doing FA. Lets blame the kids all season. Any medium fwd gets 3 goals in a game is a decent to good game no matter if they get them all in one quarter or spread out over 4 quarters. WTF did people crack it cos he didn't kick 19 and break the record.

He has been better than Dusty but Dimwit has his favourites

One bad game you say.
I guess 7qtrs in a row still makes 1 game.lol
Averaging 2 goals a game in his short career. Our last 5 games we have averaged 9 goals a game.

So we go and drop him.

Meanwhile Castagna stayed in the side for almost 2 years for guarding space and clangers with far less score board impact.

Genius.

Last edited:
How on earth does Ben Miller stay in this team? That pea hearted effort on Witt’s out of the centre was a disgrace. Our standards have dropped astronomically allowing that rubbish.
He literally had two disposals and one mark despite frequently being involved in marking and ruck contests. That’s after his 1 mark, 6 disposals, and 1 behind game against Melbourne. You know, the game he was subbed off after missing a shot on goal in the 4th quarter.

He really should’ve been dropped this week. If Cumberland had a poor couple of games, then Miller had a terrible couple of games.

Mate seriously friggen grow up , How old are you acting like a friggen child !!
You’re the one making ridiculous comparisons

You are actually the best, troll and s**t stir posters so much but as soon as you get called out you tell them to grow up 🤣

Well it looks like Pickett has been moved from the wing. So, selectors are thinking about it.
Caddy did play wing too. So different types roll through that position.
With a long injury list they don't want to make unforced changes.

As i said im not sure who was on cumberland

Never see a player when he was on the screen and he never got near it so was not on the screen long enough
Ryan had 11 touches and kicked 2 goals and 2 tackles at 73 % DE whilst playing 30% Ruck time

He more than pulled his weight

Now do you know who Cumberlands direct opponent was ?
was it powell ? or Mc Pherson
don’t change the narrative mate - you and a few others are pretty much blaming Cumberland for how easily the ball was coming out of our fwd line arent you?
My response to that is, well if you’re going to have a crack at him for the tall defenders taking 25-30 uncontested marks between them and launching attack after attack from the backline, you should probably also look at the tall fwds that were their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back