Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another player uses the gohome link to inflate their pay packet. Well done to him, let's hope for Essendon it works better than it did for Collingwood.

I personally believe (from I heard), Redman is staying for less money at Essendon than what he would have gotten at Adelaide.

The sticky point was the length of the contract imo. No harm in the Crows keeping the Bombers honest and probably forcing them pay an extra 100 K P/A than what he actually is worth though.

I personally believe (from I heard), Redman is staying for less money at Essendon than what he would have gotten at Adelaide.

The sticky point was the length of the contract imo. No harm in the Crows keeping the Bombers honest and probably forcing them pay an extra 100 K P/A than what he actually is worth though.
Likely never had any intention of leaving. Well played.

So is he staying for less, but also we're paying him $100k p/a more than he's worth.

Okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another player uses the gohome link to inflate their pay packet. Well done to him, let's hope for Essendon it works better than it did for Collingwood.
Likely never had any intention of leaving. Well played.
I mean, he has been pretty clear about his investment in the club, publicly, privately, on several occasions over the past several months.

If Adelaide didn't think they were a real chance at landing him, why would they bother? Unless they were just intending to drive his price up... which is sorta random coz you're not going to drive his price up enough to fill the hole in our salary cap without offering such massive overs you'd never want to offer it, which also means that you're unlikely to benefit from pushing up his price because it's not going to be enough to make anything else we might both be interested in unaffordable to Essendon...

I mean, he has been pretty clear about his investment in the club, publicly, privately, on several occasions over the past several months.

If Adelaide didn't think they were a real chance at landing him, why would they bother? Unless they were just intending to drive his price up... which is sorta random coz you're not going to drive his price up enough to fill the hole in our salary cap without offering such massive overs you'd never want to offer it, which also means that you're unlikely to benefit from pushing up his price because it's not going to be enough to make anything else we might both be interested in unaffordable to Essendon...
Adelaide's prime concern was to land Redman, not make Essendon pay him more.

You can now have a celebratory wine for his re-signing

Has he ever come out publically and said he was staying until he did? He was complimentary of the bombers but often the quote was he was leaving things until later. Amidst speculation that got reasonable traction at various points including the desperation angle that played out with the club deeming it necessary to pull out a full on presentation I would have thought a player who had always intended to stay might’ve said so or at least made it clear that was the choice. The way things played out seems more reminiscent of the Grundy chatter before he signed that monster deal.

Nothing wrong with his strategy to extract the maximum from the club but I cannot see how it was ever to the club's benefit that he and/or his manager allowed the speculation to be so rife.

Has he ever come out publically and said he was staying until he did? He was complimentary of the bombers but often the quote was he was leaving things until later.
I didn’t say that he said he was staying in the post you quoted, just that he’s invested in the club (i.e. mentally, emotionally).

That said, we’ve been pretty convinced he intended to stay for a long time (there’s no quote to that effect).
Amidst speculation that got reasonable traction at various points including the desperation angle that played out with the club deeming it necessary to pull out a full on presentation I would have thought a player who had always intended to stay might’ve said so or at least made it clear that was the choice. The way things played out seems more reminiscent of the Grundy chatter before he signed that monster deal.

Nothing wrong with his strategy to extract the maximum from the club but I cannot see how it was ever to the club's benefit that he and/or his manager allowed the speculation to be so rife.
It was your fellow Crows fans who are lately saying that he only used Adelaide to drive up the price 🤷‍♀️

Doesn’t make a lot of sense on Adelaide’s side to be involved in something like that unless they thought they were a chance at landing him, does it?

Whatever his intentions, I can’t read minds. It certainly played out publicly with both clubs making a serious case for his services, while the man himself never really spoke much about it.

I didn’t say that he said he was staying in the post you quoted, just that he’s invested in the club (i.e. mentally, emotionally).

That said, we’ve been pretty convinced he intended to stay for a long time (there’s no quote to that effect).

It was your fellow Crows fans who are lately saying that he only used Adelaide to drive up the price 🤷‍♀️

Doesn’t make a lot of sense on Adelaide’s side to be involved in something like that unless they thought they were a chance at landing him, does it?

Whatever his intentions, I can’t read minds. It certainly played out publicly with both clubs making a serious case for his services, while the man himself never really spoke much about it.

Ok let's just agree and call him a snake and move on. It helps me to move past the trauma.

I don’t feel like Adelaide were ever a realistic option. It was all negotiation tactics.

I expect Adelaide were aware as well and their “offer” to Redman was more a favour to the agent then a realistic hope of signing him.

Back