Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard the same RE: Redman. I heard it from an SA based mate a few months ago

Would have to be the crows, dont think port would have salary space. Crows could lose Tex and Sloane this year which would free up space.

Have heard the same RE: Redman. I heard it from an SA based mate a few months ago

Would have to be the crows, dont think port would have salary space. Crows could lose Tex and Sloane this year which would free up space.

Parish to hawthorn was the initial rumor i think.

I think Tex still has at least 2 seasons left in him. Sloane definitely most likely going to retire though.

Lol. He moved to Adelaide when he was 16. Went to high school in Adelaide city. Was with Glenelg from 18s till drafted.

I heard it from a bloke whose son played with him at Glenelg.
Shooting Star GIF

What type of player is Redman? I haven't seen a lot of Essendon last couple of years.

I think he's a run & carry half back flanker, can kick a goal, tall, lots of hair.

Does he defend as well? Can he intercept?

I'm thinking he's a lot like Brodie Smith (Adl)?

Intercept half forwards are sometime over-rated, but Redman seems to be appreciated here.

Edit; meant 'half backs' are sometimes over-rated.

Last edited:
What type of player is Redman? I haven't seen a lot of Essendon last couple of years.

I think he's a run & carry half back flanker, can kick a goal, tall, lots of hair.

Intercept half forwards are sometime over-rated, but Redman seems to be appreciated here.
Not really an intercept player. Very aggressive with the ball and without.

He's good on a second small but can't really play on the Charlie Cameron types.

Not really an intercept player. Very aggressive with the ball and without.

He's good on a second small but can't really play on the Charlie Cameron types.
Thanks - Aggressive is good, that's something the crows are really going for.

We don't need another intercept either, he would probably fit in perfectly with Adelaide.

Edit; meant 'half backs' are sometimes over-rated.
Smith isn't a bad comparison. probably a good step quicker.
both have massive, yet accurate kicks on them. I reckon Mason may be stronger size wise too. but not that much more

Has really come on defensively this year too. I remember a bad game rd.2 and I seriously questioned his ability to play defence. im still wiping the egg off.
Great at organising, and he's become a bit of an on-field leader too.....

what am I saying - nah, he can't defend, kick, run, handball, etc.
no good. no need to enquire :p

I would have thought crows have more pressing list needs than a hbf but yes they will have more cap space than port so its probably them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry about salary cap last thing Port need is another HBF but he was elite this yr.

Yeah port would have cap space easily, for the moment at least. Our young stars are a few years away from demanding big bucks. But a long term high dollar contract for a hbf would not be ideal for us.

can’t see us wanting to splash the cash we have on a hbf when we’re stocked there.

I'll be surprised if he left we have a tone of cap space.

If he does then we will be asking for a bit in a trade imo a hbf that's quick and can kick goals are worth their weight in gold
Hes a free agent.

Restricted sure, but why would either team trade?

The team that wants him, some of the appeal would be that he’s a free agent, and I’m not sure they’re throwing the world at a 21d hbf free agent if they have to trade for him.

Whatever band pick dons would get for him, I can’t see a trade getting considerably better.

Doubt dons fans have much to worry about.

Hes a free agent.

Restricted sure, but why would either team trade?

The team that wants him, some of the appeal would be that he’s a free agent, and I’m not sure they’re throwing the world at a 21d hbf free agent if they have to trade for him.

Whatever band pick dons would get for him, I can’t see a trade getting considerably better.

Doubt dons fans have much to worry about.
Reckon the club would match very highly rated at Essendon but yep reckon he won't be going anywhere

I'll be surprised if he left we have a tone of cap space.

If he does then we will be asking for a bit in a trade imo a hbf that's quick and can kick goals are worth their weight in gold

A HBF that kicks 3 goals in 20 games?? Is that where we draw the line for "can kick goals"? That is where heaps of them sit, like Docherty, Starcevich, Scrimshaw, Hinge, Duggan and even bloody Alex Keath

Back