Recommitted Will Day [re-signed for 4 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would hawks not want a crows future 1st?

That’s still going to be a top 10 pick, and hawks aren’t competing now.

I reckon hawks would snatch that pick up pretty quickly.
If we were to lose day we would want someone now, not in 18 months time. And with guys like caddy, Reid etc all projected around that pick, I think that’s what we would be gunning for. Also no certainty that Adelaide Don’t jump and make finals. It’s also supposed to be a stronger draft this year

If we were to lose day we would want someone now, not in 18 months time. And with guys like caddy, Reid etc all projected around that pick, I think that’s what we would be gunning for. Also no certainty that Adelaide Don’t jump and make finals. It’s also supposed to be a stronger draft this year

Yeah well that’s probably the ideal isn’t it, but what if Adelaide don’t offer you rachele or their pick 6 (or whatever it turns out to be)

They don’t have a history of being nice guys at the trade table, I don’t even think they’ll start with a future 1st on the table.

They’ll probably offer you a 2nd and some s**t like McHenry.

Maybe day turns in an amazing year , and crows are so keen they throw their first at you, but in all likelihood day has a good to very good year where he shows his promise and crows do the crows.

Yeah well that’s probably the ideal isn’t it, but what if Adelaide don’t offer you rachele or their pick 6 (or whatever it turns out to be)

They don’t have a history of being nice guys at the trade table, I don’t even think they’ll start with a future 1st on the table.

Maybe day turns in an amazing year , and crows are so keen they throw their first at you, but in all likelihood day has a good to very good year where he shows his promise and crows do the crows.
I don't know if Day wants to come home, and specifically Adelaide's offer, but if he does I'm sure the club won't be offering up what on current form looks like a top 5 pick.
He's not Rankine. Or JHF.
A future first even will probably still be a top 8 pick.
Is Day worth that? Probably not

We could play just as mean, refuse to trade and then pick him up in the PSD since we'll likely have pick one.

In all seriousness though, I'd argue we need him more than any other player on our list not named Lewis or Sicily. Losing Day after 3 seasons of development just sets us back further, even if it netted us another first round selection.

We could play just as mean, refuse to trade and then pick him up in the PSD since we'll likely have pick one.

In all seriousness though, I'd argue we need him more than any other player on our list not named Lewis or Sicily. Losing Day after 3 seasons of development just sets us back further, even if it netted us another first round selection.
Yeah daysy is more important to us than any realistic pick we would get for him.

Don’t think there’s any world where they offer up rachele. If it ends up being a top 6 pick I could see us giving something back. A pick between 7-10 for day seems about right. Id be hoping that we target a key forward so aslong as one of the highly rated kf’s fall to us I’d be happy. They don’t really have anything to threaten us with, we’ll finish below them on the ladder and there’s enough teams that’ll finish below them that would snap day up in a heartbeat. Personally I believe he’ll get a good pay bump and stay at the hawks but always good to work through the different scenarios

I'm not worried about day. Rather get our own players in the draft.
You’re mad, If a young player like Day wants to come to your club you get them to your club we are screaming out for talent in the midfield and if he doesn’t succeed as a midfielder which I think he will succeed we’ve got ourselves a good flanker instead which we also need

You’re mad, If a young player like Day wants to come to your club you get them to your club we are screaming out for talent in the midfield and if he doesn’t succeed as a midfielder which I think he will succeed we’ve got ourselves a good flanker instead which we also need
We don't know what's going to happen though so why would you talk about poaching players all year. You'd be f@ckin annoyed if oppo supporters were talking about getting rachelle in 2 years. It's just annoying dude so why do it.

Last edited:
Cause day has put off contract talks until the end of the year and is from Sa, is a massive need for the crows and this is a football forums trading and draft board?
Until rozee says hes putting contract talks on hold speculating he may want to go and play for st kikda. The team he supported growing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until rozee says hes putting contract talks on hold speculating he may want to go and play for st kikda. The team he supported growing up.

You’re on a football discussion forum trading thread for will day complaining about crows fans talking about trading for will day. Think about that for a moment.

We don't know what's going to happen though so why would you talk about poaching players all year. You'd be f@ckin annoyed if oppo supporters were talking about getting rachelle in 2 years. It's just annoying dude so why do it.

if this annoys you, then i suggest you stay out of an internet player trading forum that titles "will day"

Hawks have increased their offer to 4 Years (one of the SA clubs is coming hard for him)

I wonder if they may have to increase it to 5 (they definitely have the cap space to do it)

Day and his management really have positioned himself nicely here, but I expect he stays a Hawk.

Hawks have increased their offer to 4 Years (one of the SA clubs is coming hard for him)

I wonder if they may have to increase it to 5 (they definitely have the cap space to do it)

Day and his management really have positioned himself nicely here, but I expect he stays a Hawk.
It will really all depend on if he wants to come home or not..

Both crows and hawks have the money to match each others bids and contract terms..

If he’s happy to stay in Vicotria then I expect he’ll re-sign pretty soon..

If he hasnt re-signed by mid season then you’d think he’s wanting home..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back