Recommitted Mitch Georgiades - Signs on for another 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I don't think he will be superstar. That term tends to get overused too much.

I must have skipped the rest of your post sorry mate.

I don't think there probably is more than 3 superstars in footy at the moment (Our Charlie being one of them, Petracca and probably Bont the others)

Dusty and Dangerfield clearly were but are winding down in their twilight years.
Toby Greene?
Nick Daicos?
Jeremy Cameron?

Everyones definition ia different though. If yours is just the top 3 players in the comp iyo then thats fine and i like when people quantify it

They can't play together in the backline?

Scrimshaw, Sicily, Blanck is our best combination from a tall perspective.

That's been proven the second half of this season since Scrimshaw returned to the side.

Jury is still out on DGB as a senior footballer, but he's shown some promising signs as a forward the past fortnight. Not saying he has the same ceiling, but watching him fly at absolutely everything and crash packs like Aaron Naughton on Sunday afternoon was great to see.

He’s been undersold a lot here, he played some really good footy as a young marking forward as a 19 year old which is hard to do. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he managed to have that great season in a year that Charlie Dixon was on the park and playing fantastic footy. He might be the type that of player who needs a big bullocking type next to him to be at his best.

Is that code for nobody else is offering enough money to move?

Got no idea. It's interesting if he stays because Ken just doesn't seem to rate him for some stupid reason, although there is also a line of thought that Ken has reduced power (sorry pun not intended) at PAFC regarding his contract extension, esp with things like match day selection.

Port definitely wouldn't get a fair return for MG's talent if he left, so hope he stays at Alberton.

What's he waiting for though? It's not like he's waiting to see if he gets selected for finals. Must be gone...
Would definitely be different if he re-signed now. Seems odd there's like no firm links anywhere though

He’s been undersold a lot here, he played some really good footy as a young marking forward as a 19 year old which is hard to do. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he managed to have that great season in a year that Charlie Dixon was on the park and playing fantastic footy. He might be the type that of player who needs a big bullocking type next to him to be at his best.
He is an undersized key forward who relied on agility more than anything. Are you really surprised people have concerns he may never be that player again now?

Would definitely be different if he re-signed now. Seems odd there's like no firm links anywhere though

If I am MG, I would sign a 2 year deal at Port (for unders) back their surgeons and medicos to look after him, and he when he gets back to his best (maybe in another 18 months) Port will reward him big time (not just financially but maybe a premiership medal too)

He is an undersized key forward who relied on agility more than anything. Are you really surprised people have concerns he may never be that player again now?
I get it but he’s also got fantastic hands and judgement in marking contests and an ACL isn’t a footballing death sentence anymore, more often than not players come back and you wouldn’t even know it’s happened. If you can nab him and he’s next to Lewis I think it’d be an awesome fit. Would suit him much better than before next to Marshall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it but he’s also got fantastic hands and judgement in marking contests and an ACL isn’t a footballing death sentence anymore, more often than not players come back and you wouldn’t even know it’s happened. If you can nab him and he’s next to Lewis I think it’d be an awesome fit. Would suit him much better than before next to Marshall.
Players whose main strength is their agility are the ones most impacted by ACLs. When you add being undersized on top of that the risk is high. Very high.

PSD level high.

Mick.McGuane in the HUN reckons MG is leaning towards staying at Port Adelaide.
It's been widely reported lately in SA that he is more than likely signing a 4 year contract with Port
Players whose main strength is their agility are the ones most impacted by ACLs. When you add being undersized on top of that the risk is high. Very high.

PSD level high.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA PSD? are you on drugs?

It's been widely reported lately in SA that he is more than likely signing a 4 year contract with Port

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA PSD? are you on drugs?
I don't understand your question. Are you saying you don't know what the PSD is or that you don't think a player out of contract who will miss most of next year with an ACL wouldn't consider PSD if port is intransigent?

I just looked it up. April 23rd, so round 6. He should get a pretty full preseason in. Might actually miss the first few rounds depending on progress.
Yeah I thought it was round 10 or something because I had been thinking about us trying for Mitch this season well before it happened.

I just really hope he is ok because I think he was amazing pre-injury.

Like Robbie Gray? Its not the end of a career. I think Mitch will come back from this ok.
How did I know someone would bring up Robbie Gray?

Yes he was highly agile before his injury, but Gray's best attribute by far was his incredible footy IQ. Like Sam Mitchell from my club, he could have walked around the ground and still dominated. It is disrespectful to put Georgiades in that conversation.

If I genuinely thought Mitch had those sorts of smarts though I would happily pay pick 3 for him. A taller Robbie Gray? Sign me up!

PSD level high.

Charlie Curnow did his ACL twice and is now the best player in footy.

Mediocs and Surgeons can work wonders these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back