Recommitted Mitch Georgiades - Signs on for another 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

If he wants more senior games, makes no sense for him to want to go to Geelong.

Hawthorn make the most logical sense out of all interested suitors
Hawks definitely make more sense but it doesn't make zero sense with the age of Hawkins and Cameron.

I personally think we'd end up having to play one of him or Ollie Henry so probably not but stranger things have happened

He has a lot of work to do to get past Dixon/Marshall/Finlayson.
Dixon is totally cooked. Be surprised if his body has 20 games of AFL footy left in it. Marshall is fast becoming the third McCartin brother and Finlayson could very well spend an extended time away from the game at some stage given the sad circumstances that surround his wife and mother of their child.

All that being said, I'm on record in this thread saying I couldn't blame Mitch a single iota if he wants to leave. He'd really be Port giving a second chance if he decides to stay.

Dixon is totally cooked. Be surprised if his body has 20 games of AFL footy left in it. Marshall is fast becoming the third McCartin brother and Finlayson could very well spend an extended time away from the game at some stage given the sad circumstances that surround his wife and mother of their child.

All that being said, I'm on record in this thread saying I couldn't blame Mitch a single iota if he wants to leave. He'd really be Port giving a second chance if he decides to stay.
When they're on the park all 3 look miles better than Georgiades in his current form. Getting games through injury ain't going to help his development either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youd think he may aswell stay at Port and wait for Dixon to retire then

Has shown he can play and still a few years away from hitting his potential.

I’d take him ahead of Ash Johnson. Would even offer Johnson and Carlton’s 2nd pick (high 20s).

I have a die in the wool port nuffy mate multiple time crack it and say he doesn’t want him over the last two years
My wife is a more dedicated port fan than half the port board here and she's happy to see him go. She's currently winning her work tipping comp by about 5 games and beating me by around 10 too.

My wife is a more dedicated port fan than half the port board here and she's happy to see him go. She's currently winning her work tipping comp by about 5 games and beating me by around 10 too.
Yeah I’ve supported him more then my port mates but I don’t see him as a key forward, like Dardy mccrafty thrive as the third fwd target potential 40-50 goals in a attacking team but asked to lead the line, **** on a bull as they say.

Yeah I’ve supported him more then my port mates but I don’t see him as a key forward, like Dardy mccrafty thrive as the third fwd target potential 40-50 goals in a attacking team but asked to lead the line, **** on a bull as they say.
I was saying in the cats thread the other day he could play a lot like the way we played Dan Menzel as a second forward. If you get him 1:1 against the second defender and kick it his advantage he'll deliver but outside that might not add much

Has shown he can play and still a few years away from hitting his potential.

I’d take him ahead of Ash Johnson. Would even offer Johnson and Carlton’s 2nd pick (high 20s).

Port would take that in a heartbeat.

Always odd to read this on here, what well-run club would ever guarantee a player a best 22 spot? And would someone write it into the contract?

I don't think it is meant on the way that it is written and no, it wouldn't appear in any contract (performance based clauses and bonuses often are though).

I think it more means which club can sell the vision they have of where the player fits in their plans. For Port for example, they can highlight that they have a preferred 3 tall structure. They may then advise that as such, he is competing with Dixon, Finlayson and Marshall for a spot and does he back himself to earn his place? They may also highlight that Dixon may only have 1 year left, opening up another long term opportunity at their club (and for that spot would 'only' need to beat out Ollie Lord and the not yet proven KPP's on their list).

Hawthorn, on the other hand, may come in and offer a better contract, highlighting that we've got Mitch Lewis but that we think Georgiadis can be our long term 2nd key forward. We can point to the fact that we've tried Kozi, signed and tried Fergus Greene and in recent weeks, have given DGB a go (who has struggles and we prefer as a defender). We can sell the vision that we have a clear hole to fill and wish to do so with him. That we are a team of similarly aged players, looking to rise back in to premiership contention together and that he i central to our plans.

It's not 'guaranteeing' best 22 so much as it is demonstrating the opportunity available, much as we did with Lloyd Meek last year (highlighting our demonstrated intention for a 2 ruck game plan, meaning he only had to beat one of Reeves or Lynch for a spot, rather than Darcy and Jackson)

Can we please swap Jack Graham for Mitch G, please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back