Recommitted Will Day [re-signed for 4 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mail is strong this is done now. Hopefully an announcement soon šŸ¤ž
It was strong since the day his manager told media he was looking to build into the year before recommitting.

It was strong since the day his manager told media he was looking to build into the year before recommitting.

Would you be happy to give him a 5 year deal or stick with the 4 (which has been reported in the last few days)

One thing I have noticed about Hawthorn over the decades, you very lose required players that you want to keep (can't think of many players Hawks were shattered to lose since Darren Jarman, possibly Luke McPharlin ?)

Your club is going through a rough patch right now, but i'd still back your club's player retention ability at the Hawks.

Would you be happy to give him a 5 year deal or stick with the 4 (which has been reported in the last few days)

One thing I have noticed about Hawthorn over the decades, you very lose required players that you want to keep (can't think of many players Hawks were shattered to lose since Darren Jarman, possibly Luke McPharlin ?)

Your club is going through a rough patch right now, but i'd still back your club's player retention ability at the Hawks.
Not sure he would be worried about a 5th year, 4 takes him to free agency where he can get his big deal.

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a bit of a double edge sword. I would hope the Crows are offering him a 5 year, 750k a year contract, but with his injury history, I totally understand if they didn't.

He is a bit of a double edge sword. I would hope the Crows are offering him a 5 year, 750k a year contract, but with his injury history, I totally understand if they didn't.
Yeah absolutely, pretty much the point I was making a few pages ago when people were trying to bring up his value.

This year is very important and needs to play out, if he breaks out as a mid (looking likely) and plays relatively injury free he would probably be a priority target.

If he struggles and or has ongoing injury issues he probably isn't even going to be a target.

His value both in trade and contract are very dependant on these things.

Yeah absolutely, pretty much the point I was making a few pages ago when people were trying to bring up his value.

This year is very important and needs to play out, if he breaks out as a mid (looking likely) and plays relatively injury free he would probably be a priority target.

If he struggles and or has ongoing injury issues he probably isn't even going to be a target.

His value both in trade and contract are very dependant on these things.
Have most of his injuries been soft tissue?

We have plenty of cap space & worth the risk imo.

Have most of his injuries been soft tissue?

No soft tissue injuries yet I don't think.

Caddy got him in Round 2, 2021 (after a fine debut year) and fractured his ankle. He returned ahead of schedule in Round 13 and played 3 games, finishing with a career best game before his previous ankle injury flared up again.

The club decided to take a more cautious approach and he didn't return until Round 3 last year. He has since played 20 of a possible 23 games, with one of those missed due to concussion from a head high bump from Paddy Ryder. (Can't recall why he had two other single week absences - maybe soreness/rested?).

He's already copped some bullocking in the midfield this season and copped one pretty solid high bump and bounced back up every time. Been basically 1 major injury due to bad luck so far and seems more resitant to big knocks so far this year. Hopefully that continues.

We have plenty of cap space & worth the risk imo.

Hawthorn won't settle for anything less than your first round pick this season which is probably overs, I don't think they would blink/fall for the PSD card you pulled with the Swans with Dawson.

It does seem more likely than not he will re-sign with Hawthorn though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back