Recommitted Mason Redman [re-signed for 5 years]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can, try a 1997 Grange, 2012 Henschke Hill of Grace, or a 10+ year old Jim Barry Armagh - they are in the big league of top wines
2012 was such a great year for the barossa.
Im a big fan of 2013 too.

Armagh is excellent. Got my mate a 2018 for his wedding. I didnt get any....:( just a pic of the bottle in lockdown

If you like Rieslings (that are even better aged) head to Clare Valley. Pikes are consistently brilliant.

My quaffer wine is Burke Salter who are technically Riverland but being Blanchtown they get the Barossa breezes. They make one of the best value Merlots, but all their reds are great value. Do a Shiraz, Cab & Cab Merlot. Lovely couple if ever you visit. Plenty on the Adelaide Board now buy their wines straight from their website.

If you enjoy Cabernet, then our best is from Coonawarra... so many wineries to choose from with the likes of Wynns. I really like Majella... musician is a solid drop & they do a decent Medlo too. Probably should mention Redmans given this thread... used to be a favourite but they have been a little incosistent of late.

If you like a powerful Shiraz, so many to choose from any of Barossa, McLaren Vale or Clare.

Adelaide Hills being cooler climate softer style wines.
Eden valley does amazing riesling as well.

Somerled in the hills do a good, big shiraz as well. I think rob used to make grange for penfolds.

Sorry im late to the wine talk
We're swapping redman for free wine for dons fans yeah?

Somerled in the hills do a good, big shiraz as well. I think rob used to make grange for penfolds.

When you are next at somerled, have a chat with clint the head sommelier there..he has a vast knowledge of wine

When you are next at somerled, have a chat with clint the head sommelier there..he has a vast knowledge of wine
I need to swing by. I get a case every 3 months so i dont bother with the drive and handorf (lol*) traffic....but i should. His shiraz and Chardonnay are nice.

*lol = being a melbourner who feels relief hitting the road to SA to escape our god awful traffic....then thinking hahndorf is too cluttered

Good call.

I have an aged Henschke Riesling which i should drink this Summer.

50/50 to stay imo.
He's a supporter of radical trade movement. The thought of loyalty wouldn't come into it.
I think it comes down to years and money.
The alleged Crows 6 year 600k deal will be hard to trump.

I've been watching him closely. He does great things, and reliable most of the time. But can be a liability also. I don't think he'd be too hard to replace in that role.
We have Hind and Massimo D'Ambrassio they aren't a patch on what Redman offers we have no replacment if he goes.

The 6 year reported offer from Crows has been denied I dont think Crows have even talbled an offer yet Essendon have

We have Hind and Massimo D'Ambrassio they aren't a patch on what Redman offers we have no replacment if he goes.

The 6 year reported offer from Crows has been denied I dont think Crows have even talbled an offer yet Essendon have
It's not that hard to find another player who can play the half back role effectively.

Redman is one of the best no doubt, but he can turn it over by foot or by dumb free kicks.
I wouldn't betoo disappointed if we lost him.

It's not that hard to find another player who can play the half back role effectively.

Redman is one of the best no doubt, but he can turn it over by foot or by dumb free kicks.
And where exactly can we find another one?

Unless there is one out of contract thats eqauly as good as Redman can't see how we can find a replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And where exactly can we find another one?

Unless there is one out of contract thats eqauly as good as Redman can't see how we can find a replacement.
We said that about Saad and McKenna. Then we did twice in short time with Hind and McGrath.

Half our side, along with about half of every other sides players could successfully transition into that role.
Like I said he's good, but can be replaced fairly easily.

We said that about Saad and McKenna. Then we did twice in short time with Hind and McGrath.

Half our side, along with about half of every other sides players could successfully transition into that role.
Like I said he's good, but can be replaced fairly easily.
Saad is 3 times the player hind is and i cant tell you how much i miss mckennas kicking....esp compared to mcgrath

Redman absolutely has offers from both Crows & Dons.

It's now a question of which he chooses.

That and now the Pies, apparently 🤣

What's the wine like in Collingwood?
They don't even like or understand wine... so he isn't going to the Pies.

Confident there are only 2 teams in play.

Rumours today Pies offered Tex Walker 2 year deal... tell them they are dreaming!

We gave them Frampton so they should br happy lol.

That and now the Pies, apparently 🤣

What's the wine like in Collingwood?
3909175-brown-paper-bag-with-bottle-of-wine-isolated-against-white-background.jpg

They don't even like or understand wine... so he isn't going to the Pies.

Confident there are only 2 teams in play.

Rumours today Pies offered Tex Walker 2 year deal... tell them they are dreaming!

We gave them Frampton so they should br happy lol.
Tex is 33 and you'd get a decent compo pick if they pay him decently. If the compo is half decent and you're not challenging in the next 2 years then it's potentially an attractive option all around at face value. That said, I doubt they'd be able to pay him better than Adelaide can (assuming they wish to), it's unusual for former captains to change clubs, and he's a Broken Hill boy which is far closer and better connected to Adelaide than any other capital city. So while it's sensible enough for the clubs and Tex if a chance at instant success is a motivator, overall it seems a bit unlikely.
Cask and fridge
and red plastic cups

Tex is 33 and you'd get a decent compo pick if they pay him decently. If the compo is half decent and you're not challenging in the next 2 years then it's potentially an attractive option all around at face value. That said, I doubt they'd be able to pay him better than Adelaide can (assuming they wish to), it's unusual for former captains to change clubs, and he's a Broken Hill boy which is far closer and better connected to Adelaide than any other capital city. So while it's sensible enough for the clubs and Tex if a chance at instant success is a motivator, overall it seems a bit unlikely.

and red plastic cups
It's more that Tex is the spiritual leader at AFC & most of us couldn't bare to see him play for another club.

Similar to when Blight moved Modra out to Freo.

Probably makes list management sense, but would be more damaging to our culture.

Tex has said many times he wants to be a 1 club player & confident he will be.

Spinifex do a wonderful Riesling from Eden Valley.

And Living Roots Riesling from the Finger Lakes is wonderful too.

It's more that Tex is the spiritual leader at AFC & most of us couldn't bare to see him play for another club.

Similar to when Blight moved Modra out to Freo.

Probably makes list management sense, but would be more damaging to our culture.

Tex has said many times he wants to be a 1 club player & confident he will be.
I was gonna comment something along that lines and then decided to cut down my word count and not drag it too far off topic 😅 If there's anything in it we can make a thread for him (if there isn't one already)... or perhaps the Adelaide club thread

Back