Pick 4 on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Crows back themselves to finish high next year, and give up 20, 23 and F1 (10-14) to secure it. Gonna be interesting
Yep especially with probably a projected top 5 pick as a father son next year. Any pick outside the top 5 looks useless to them right now (alot can change)

But hes also the unique in terms of not being just a midfielder at the top end

Pick 4 could get them Mckercher with zero go home factor and a midfielder they desperately need (If North dont get Band 1 and push it to 5)

Suns can probably also chuck them some later points for next year with this deal

Last edited:

I wonder if Crows back themselves to finish high next year, and give up 20, 23 and F1 (10-14) to secure it. Gonna be interesting
yep - I hope we are around that..although I'd like a F2 or F3 coming back..alternatively, we split the GC pick to a 2023 2nd and 2024 2nd with a club in the finals so it would be F1, 20 & maybe a low 30's pick straight up

yep - I hope we are around that..although I'd like a F2 or F3 coming back..alternatively, we split the GC pick to a 2023 2nd and 2024 2nd with a club in the finals so it would be F1, 20 & maybe a low 30's pick straight up

GC could argue though, that if you were around the 10-14 mark, that going from the middle of the first round at Pick 10 to the 'elite' end at Pick 4, and snagging one of the Top 9 - is probably worth what will essentially be Pick 25 and 28, after bids/compo.

Ours would be a top 5 pick. Surely you'd do it.
Agree, the only thing I know for certain is that Craig Cameron somehow will totally and utterly **** it up and leave us looking like fools yet again. How the duck has he still got a job is beyond me.

GC could argue though, that if you were around the 10-14 mark, that going from the middle of the first round at Pick 10 to the 'elite' end at Pick 4, and snagging one of the Top 9 - is probably worth what will essentially be Pick 25 and 28, after bids/compo.
maybe so - although if we can give them a good bunch of points this year (they will make up any shortfall trading out one or 2 players) and the F1 is almost a freebie - maybe they get a better offer?..but that would still be a very strong one

Yep especially with probably a projected top 5 pick as a father son next year. Any pick outside the top 5 looks useless to them right now (alot can change)

But hes also the unique in terms of not being just a midfielder at the top end

Pick 4 could get them Mckercher with zero go home factor and a midfielder they desperately need (If North dont get Band 1 and push it to 5)

Suns can probably also chuck them some later points for next year with this deal
McKercher will probably have the highest go home factor of the lot. If he is any good then considering the lack of Tasmanian talent around the league the new Tasmanian side will probably want him as the face of the new side. They will offer him double what he is worth.

McKercher will probably have the highest go home factor of the lot. If he is any good then considering the lack of Tasmanian talent around the league the new Tasmanian side will probably want him as the face of the new side. They will offer him double what he is worth.
Maybe i shouldve said after his initial 2 years is up

If they really want it, Melbourne probably could out bid any team with them having Freo's first rounder this year up their sleeves.
Doubt it, GC don't need high picks this year, they just need points. They'll want a player or futures.

The only 2023 picks of interests are probably 1 and 2 since they can pick before Walter.

Hawks, Essendon wouldn't be dumb enough to trade a future 1st with GC.

GC don't have as many options as they think, it's the dogs and the crows.

If they really want it, Melbourne probably could out bid any team with them having Freo's first rounder this year up their sleeves.
Won’t it just get eaten up by the bids?
Hawks, Essendon wouldn't be dumb enough to trade a future 1st with GC.

GC don't have as many options as they think, it's the dogs and the crows.
I can’t speak for the hawks, but we’re definitely dumb enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns imo are going to need an F1 and points in the 2nd round

Dons F1 and 26
Freos F1 and pick 21
Crows F1 and 20 or 23

Would be high on the radar
I’d give them our F1 and both the 20 and 23 we have for it.

although we’d need to trade the 23 in a straight swap with whoever has pick 24.. so we could then give the 24 to the suns because we cant give them the 23 directly.

Crows have a Father sun in tyler welsh next year thats looking like he could easily be a top 5 player..

So crows probably wont care too much about moving their 2024 1st rounder anyway.. they‘d be banking on it simply being lost matching a bid on tyler if the did keep it..

Assuming GC want a first for next year then I think that puts Melbourne at a disadvantage. And multiple teams can supply the required points for this year. Will be the most interesting thing happening this trade period by the looks - big auction

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I'm westcoast or Sydney, I'm throwing all my picks after my first to gold coast for that pick. Not sure on the points.

Eagles would get pick 1 and 4/5 and gold Coast could always could always trade pick 19 for more points

If I'm westcoast or Sydney, I'm throwing all my picks after my first to gold coast for that pick. Not sure on the points.

Eagles would get pick 1 and 4/5 and gold Coast could always could always trade pick 19 for more points
You do realise that's not how it works right?

Gold Coast don't have the list spots to do this firstly and secondly can get much higher value for it then what ends up being an early 20s pick and some mid to late 30s

If you're going to trade 9 (only 5 spots lower) AND 17 for pick 4, you'd want to be bloody sure you are getting a champion.

Strikes me as a pretty stupid idea...
There is a risk that a FS bid comes for Croft at our first pick as it slides back due to academy bids, so trading up is a way to avoid that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back